nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #219051
View in linear mode

Subject: "Using D70 with older AF lens" Previous topic | Next topic
Rally Registered since 31st Jan 2004Sat 31-Jan-04 10:51 PM
479 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Using D70 with older AF lens"

Auckland, NZ

Hi,

I am new to this site so if this is the wrong place for this question please advise where I should have posted.

I have an F-801s body and the following lenses

AF Zoom-Nikkor 35-70mm f/3.3-4.5
AF Zoom-Nikkor 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6

I am looking at getting the D70 and using my existing lenses. According to info I have found I think the lenses I have fall into the category

“Other AF Nikkor : All functions supported except 3D color matrix metering, i-TTL balanced fill-flash for digital SLR”

If I go down this path am I going to loose a lot of functionality by not being able to use “3D color matrix metering, i-TTL balanced fill-flash”?
Are these lenses to old to be used successfully with the D70?

Any help greatly appreciated
Peter Borman

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JH Basic MemberSun 01-Feb-04 06:11 AM
1477 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Using D70 with older AF lens"
In response to Reply # 0

Tampere, FI

Hello,

I assume that it means same as using non D lenses in e.g. F80 where you loose 3d matrix balanced flash but have matrix balanced flash insted. Shouldn't be an issue but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Janne

"Sunset is always an experience - but check the ISO speed!"

Visit my site at: http://www.nordicview.fi

bobj Silver Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions the the community Resources Charter MemberThu 05-Feb-04 12:02 AM
12585 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Using D70 with older AF lens"
In response to Reply # 1

Sammamish, US

No correcting needed Janne - you are 100% correct.

Bob Johnson
Earthbound Light
Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond
http://www.earthboundlight.com

Bob Johnson - Earthbound Light - Nikonians Gallery
Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond
Lots more new images!! - Weekly Phototips and Articles - RSS Feed

JScottR Registered since 03rd Feb 2004Wed 04-Feb-04 10:45 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Using D70 with older AF lens"
In response to Reply # 0

Unionville, US

Hi John. You might want to check out John White at aiconversions.com. He might be able to help you with some information. The D70 might be too new for him at this time, but he will give you some answers. I hope to match up my Nikkors which I bought in Tokyo in 1978. Scott

Scott

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #219051 Previous topic | Next topic