nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #218915
View in linear mode

Subject: "Comparison of Nikkor DX 18-70mm vs Canon EF-S 18-55mm" Previous topic | Next topic
Jstevens Registered since 10th Dec 2002Sat 07-Feb-04 04:55 AM
21 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Comparison of Nikkor DX 18-70mm vs Canon EF-S 18-55mm"

Definately a reason that the new Nikkor AF-S DX 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G lens is more expensive than the Canon EF-S 18-35mm f/3.5-5.6 USM. The specs pretty much tell the story. Comparison of the two lenses at: http://www.digitalreview.ca/cams/NikonD70_page5.shtml

Even if I do not opt for the D70 package, although I am pretty sure I will, I am definately interested in this new lens to replace my older Nikkor AF 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5. The 29-105mm focal range (35mm equivalent) offered by the new lens makes for a nice general purpose walk around lens.

regards,

Jonathan

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

bobj Silver Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions the the community Resources Charter MemberSat 07-Feb-04 06:28 AM
12585 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Comparison of Nikkor DX 18-70mm vs Canon EF-S 18-55"
In response to Reply # 0

Sammamish, US

This is a great comparison between the D70 (and D100) and the Canon Digital Rebel too. Really, no comparison. Nikon has some real winners here if their marketting department doesn't keep it a secret like they usually seem to

Thanks for the link!

Bob Johnson
Earthbound Light
Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond
http://www.earthboundlight.com

Bob Johnson - Earthbound Light - Nikonians Gallery
Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond
Lots more new images!! - Weekly Phototips and Articles - RSS Feed

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #218915 Previous topic | Next topic