Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #218823
View in linear mode

Subject: "Is the d70 out?" Previous topic | Next topic
gotroot Registered since 10th Dec 2003Sat 07-Feb-04 12:31 AM
13 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Is the d70 out?"

Just wondering as it is on nikons website? If not when will it be available?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Is the d70 out?
killajav
07th Feb 2004
fundy
07th Feb 2004
Reply message RE: Is the D70 out?
Len Shepherd Gold Member
07th Feb 2004
ieaarva
08th Feb 2004
gotroot
09th Feb 2004
Flachlaender
10th Feb 2004

killajav Registered since 05th May 2002Sat 07-Feb-04 01:07 AM
240 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Is the d70 out?"
In response to Reply # 0

Tacoma, US

The release date is set for Spring 2004. I think I read March 1st somewhere, but who knows for sure. I'm guessing it will probably be limited availability until May or June.

Javin
http://www.javinelliff.com

fundy Registered since 13th Nov 2002Sat 07-Feb-04 09:20 PM
1383 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Is the d70 out?"
In response to Reply # 1

Marugame, JP

Here in Japan Nikon has signs in all the camera stores with March 19 as the "in store" date.

What that means compared to the US, is anyone's guess.

You're welcome to come stay with us, that week if you buy a 18-70 DX for me!

Andrew
A.K.A. Fundy

-----------
Oregonian Nikonian presently found on Shikoku, Japan
http://homepage.mac.com/fundy/

Andrew
A.K.A. Fundy

-----------
Fundy Photo
<a
href="http://www.fundyphoto.com">P
ortland, Beaverton, Oregon Wedding
Photographer</a>
http://www.fundyphoto.com

Len Shepherd Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2003Sat 07-Feb-04 11:02 PM
12722 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Is the D70 out?"
In response to Reply # 0

Yorkshire, GB

Nearly.

It is definitely on show at UK Focus in late Feb, and possibly at an RPS event at Bradford on 15th Feb.

Nikon reps are doing demos at some large UK retailers on 17th March and it widely advertised as available mid March.

With it's "Ultra short shutter time lag unprecedented in it's class" added to the "official leaks" it sounds more than interesting.

Photography is a bit like archery. A technically better camera, lens or arrow may not hit the target as often as it could if the photographer or archer does not practice enough.

Len Shepherd

ieaarva Registered since 03rd Oct 2003Sun 08-Feb-04 01:10 PM
37 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Is the d70 out?"
In response to Reply # 0

Oslo, NO

According to the Nikon rep here in Norway it's supposed to arrive late February. So it should't be too far away...

Iver Erling Ĺrva
Nikon SLR fan since 30 years - D300 user

gotroot Registered since 10th Dec 2003Mon 09-Feb-04 11:56 PM
13 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Is the d70 out?"
In response to Reply # 0

well guess its time to put my n80 and my *gah* canon s50 up for sale.

Flachlaender Registered since 07th Feb 2004Tue 10-Feb-04 04:15 AM
123 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Is the d70 out?"
In response to Reply # 5

NL

I'm for sure not going to sell my F80. I would like to be able to use both my film- and (later) my digital camera.

Sijtze.

"May the winds be in your back and the sun in your face."

"Who would not admire and love the Alps, visit them with pleasure, hike and climb them? I cannot express the longing and love I feel for the mountains and there is no place where I would rather be."

Benedikt 'Aretius' Marti (1522-1574). Swiss professor in Greek and Hebrew. Botanist and mountaineer.

Landscapes and more at my Nikonians Gallery

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #218823 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.