Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #218659
View in linear mode

Subject: "have a chance to hold the D70 at Nikon Shinjuku, japan!" Previous topic | Next topic
din20 Registered since 01st Feb 2004Sun 01-Feb-04 12:41 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"have a chance to hold the D70 at Nikon Shinjuku, japan!"

kiyose cit, japan, JP

hello everyone im din and im glad to join this group..i have a chance to hold the D70 at nikon showroom in shinjuku japan (this is the only place that they have a demo in japan at this time) at first when i saw the D70 at the adds that they are developing a new digital camera and saw the picture i was not impress about its looks. then i went to nikon showroom accidentally and saw this new D70 on the place that people can look and try it(its just a demo but they are no yet saling this stuff until march 19 at the price of 150,000 yen for a body only) so i try when i pic it up it fit like a glove to may hands and the controls are easy to understand for me and it is true that it is fast. shutter time lag is fast how fast... like d100 shutter they say that the D70 shutter is a new can of shutter so that they cannot compare the two. For short it is a very great camera guys you will be impress when you saw it even the people at nikon are impress when they first saw it they say that the feature are better that the D100 but d100 is a better grade... for me i cant decide which one to buy the value one or the Pro one maybe for a guy like me just dont have a lot of money may be buy the value one but im concern about the durablity about the camera. maybe ill wait until it will sale and see for comment about it. thats all guy and girls thank for reading if u have any Question about the camera that i can answer im glad to help.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: have a chance to hold the D70 at Nikon Shinjuku, ja
ravenf5
01st Feb 2004
din20
01st Feb 2004
tflub
01st Feb 2004
din20
01st Feb 2004
ironhayden08
02nd Feb 2004
din20
03rd Feb 2004
jrp Administrator
01st Feb 2004
gewe21
03rd Feb 2004
JScottR
03rd Feb 2004
rayonline
04th Feb 2004
rayonline
04th Feb 2004

ravenf5 Registered since 21st Jan 2004Sun 01-Feb-04 01:10 PM
106 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: have a chance to hold the D70 at Nikon Shinjuku, ja"
In response to Reply # 0

Lindsay, CA

Hey Din
I found your comments very interesting. How do you think it would work for photojournalism?
Welcome to the site, by the way.
Mary

raven

din20 Registered since 01st Feb 2004Sun 01-Feb-04 01:44 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: have a chance to hold the D70 at Nikon Shinjuku, ja"
In response to Reply # 1

kiyose cit, japan, JP

hello mary

For me im shotting picture about concert, party, people picture u can say photojournalism picture that are publish at our local magazine. For me it will work for photojournalism becouse of its fast respond fastest than my F80 ( i love my F80 guys just compared) Like D100 that has Fast respond for now im still using F80 but i think i will
be using digital (D70) in the near future becouse of film cost to keep more money but film quality is still i love..

www.din-eugenio.tk

tflub Registered since 22nd Feb 2002Sun 01-Feb-04 06:17 PM
257 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: have a chance to hold the D70 at Nikon Shinjuku, ja"
In response to Reply # 3

US

How sturdy did the body feel? I know that it is all plastic, but I am expecting it to feel more sturdy and less cheap than the Digital Rebel.

Flub

Please vivit my photo-centric blog: www.shutterblogger.blogspot.com

din20 Registered since 01st Feb 2004Sun 01-Feb-04 10:33 PM
#5. "RE: have a chance to hold the D70 at Nikon Shinjuku, ja"
In response to Reply # 4

kiyose cit, japan, JP

hello flub!

nice question, it is very sturdy thats one of the points of D70 it look like a Pro for me like D100. ("It is more sturdier that Canon Rebel!!thats one thing for sure!!) you'll never think that its made of cheap plastic. about price with its counter part canon Rebel here in japan its thesame..

www.din-eugenio.tk

ironhayden08 Basic MemberMon 02-Feb-04 06:28 AM
447 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#6. "RE: have a chance to hold the D70 at Nikon Shinjuku, ja"
In response to Reply # 5

Green Bay, US

Is there any way of using a vertical grip with it? Or any ports like the bottom of the d100??

Jon Hayden
Green Bay, Wis.
Home of the 12 time NFL Champions
http://www.jonhayden.com

din20 Registered since 01st Feb 2004Tue 03-Feb-04 04:06 AM
#7. "RE: have a chance to hold the D70 at Nikon Shinjuku, ja"
In response to Reply # 6

kiyose cit, japan, JP

hello Jon!

there is no vertical grip Nikon say becouse D70 is a lower grade than D100 we wish it have...

www.din-eugenio.tk

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberSun 01-Feb-04 01:19 PM
33918 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: have a chance to hold the D70 at Nikon Shinjuku, ja"
In response to Reply # 0

San Pedro Garza García, MX

Nothing like a personal account of a good impression.
Thanks for sharing.
Wish we were there.

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

gewe21 Basic MemberTue 03-Feb-04 03:11 PM
197 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: have a chance to hold the D70 at Nikon Shinjuku, ja"
In response to Reply # 2

Milwaukee, US

to tflub:
Can't help myself not to respond to D70 vs. Canon Rebel built question. One thing that is very apparent is that D70 lens mount is metal, while on the 300D (Rebel) is plastic. I can't believe I'm paying $1000 for a camera with a plastic lens mount. If you have some lenses and would like to interchange them quite often, D70 should have the edge.

George Oei
Madison, WI
"Dude, you're getting a Nikkor !!!"

JScottR Registered since 03rd Feb 2004Tue 03-Feb-04 07:31 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: have a chance to hold the D70 at Nikon Shinjuku, ja"
In response to Reply # 0

Unionville, US

Hi din. Were you at Yodabashi Camera ? Scott.

Scott

rayonline Registered since 22nd Jul 2003Wed 04-Feb-04 04:52 AM
1220 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: have a chance to hold the D70 at Nikon Shinjuku, ja"
In response to Reply # 9

NZ

is that 150,000Y with the lense or without. this is considerably more than $1600USD. May get the thing imported into NZL before I head to Japan.

rayonline Registered since 22nd Jul 2003Wed 04-Feb-04 04:55 AM
1220 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: have a chance to hold the D70 at Nikon Shinjuku, ja"
In response to Reply # 10

NZ

$1600NZL I meant, aka $1000 NZL.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #218659 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.