Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #218612
View in linear mode

Subject: "D70 Manual Availability" Previous topic | Next topic
resnica Basic MemberWed 11-Feb-04 06:43 PM
32 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D70 Manual Availability"

Bellingham, US

As far as I can tell, Nikon has pulled the D70 manual from their European site (the only place that I've seen it listed).

I downloaded it successfully last night, but it was gone when I checked today, 11Feb04.

Also, the direct link posted in another nikonians thread did not work for me last night, but I was able to access it a different way. In case they put the manual back on the site, here is the method I used to download it successfully:

Start at ftp://ftp.nikon-euro.com/
Then double click the following folders:
Download
Productfinder
Brochures
D70
EN
The file D70(11)_01.pdf was available there but now the folder is empty.

If anyone has found the manual somewhere else, you might want to let everyone know. Good luck. Hoping for a quick product release and rapidly dropping prices....

Adam

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D70 Manual Availability
dilippatnaik
11th Feb 2004
NLvogelaar
11th Feb 2004
julien888
11th Feb 2004
Covey22 Moderator
11th Feb 2004
Rally
11th Feb 2004

dilippatnaik Registered since 01st Dec 2003Wed 11-Feb-04 07:43 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D70 Manual Availability"
In response to Reply # 0

In some other threads, some of you have managed to download the pdf file. Can you pls. upload it somewhere (Yahoo Briefcase!) so that the unfortunate ones can also take a look?

briefcase.yahoo.com
Username: nikonshufflesmanual
Password: wekeepithere

Dilip

NLvogelaar Registered since 11th Feb 2004Wed 11-Feb-04 08:14 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D70 Manual Availability"
In response to Reply # 1

Helmond, NL

I've tried to send it but there is a slight problem!
there is an upload limit of 5mb per item on this briefcase!
the file is originally 20mb large,zipped 18,5 mb so this won't work for now!
if someone has some other space around (ftp-site perhaps)
i can and will upload it there!!

Greetz! Tijn

Greetz! Tijn

julien888 Registered since 11th Feb 2004Wed 11-Feb-04 09:59 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D70 Manual Availability"
In response to Reply # 2

>I've tried to send it but there is a slight problem!
>there is an upload limit of 5mb per item on this briefcase!
>the file is originally 20mb large,zipped 18,5 mb so this
>won't work for now!
>if someone has some other space around (ftp-site perhaps)
>i can and will upload it there!!
>
>
>Greetz! Tijn

Admin Note:Post edited to comply with Terms of Use.

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberWed 11-Feb-04 11:13 PM
10677 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D70 Manual Availability"
In response to Reply # 4

US

Folks - this isn't a good idea. The D70 is not released yet, which means that all items related to the camera are still considered pre-production. More importantly, Nikon and any of their subsidiaries have not openly placed the manual in one of their public sites for perusal and download. Note that the member who discovered it obviously stumbled across it. It has now been removed from that site, so the link no longer works. Please don't use the forums here at Nikonians to propogate the file or to provide information on how to send it/receive it from others who might have it. Our site becomes liable for "enabling" such conduct, which most likely is illegal and infringes upon copyright law. We had a similar issue when folks wanted to use our site to trade information on how to get the D100 firmware that was illegaly distributed to the Internet last year. I've edited Julien's post so that we cannot be held liable. Thanks for your understanding. I am locking this post now.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

Rally Registered since 31st Jan 2004Wed 11-Feb-04 08:18 PM
479 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D70 Manual Availability"
In response to Reply # 1

Auckland, NZ

Hi Dilip,

I would be careful as the manual states

"No part of the manuals included with
this product may be reproduced, transmitted,
transcribed, stored in a retrieval
system, or translated into any language
in any form, by any means, without
Nikon’s prior written permission."

Peter

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #218612 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.