nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #218456
View in linear mode

Subject: "Shutter lag time on D70 ?" Previous topic | Next topic
Ed51502 Registered since 17th May 2002Wed 11-Feb-04 07:07 AM
127 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Shutter lag time on D70 ?"

Northampton, US

Does anyone know what the shutter lag time is on the D70? One review only stated "barely noticeable and one of the fastest in its class".

I may take out a loan or get another credit card to buy the D70 as my first DSLR!

Thanks!

Ed in Pennsylvania, USA

"I really believe there are things which nobody would see if I didn't photograph them."
--Diane Arbus

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Shutter lag time on D70 ?
gavinjung
11th Feb 2004
davel
11th Feb 2004
Smirf
13th Feb 2004
ThirtyFourOFive
13th Feb 2004
bobj Silver Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions the the community Resources
13th Feb 2004
fundy
14th Feb 2004
Bartman01
14th Feb 2004
rutherfordphoto Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources
16th Feb 2004

gavinjung Registered since 04th Apr 2002Wed 11-Feb-04 04:58 PM
249 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Shutter lag time on D70 ?"
In response to Reply # 0

Vancouver, CA

if i remember correctly, i read on a couple sites that it's 100ms.

gj

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

davel Registered since 05th Jun 2003Wed 11-Feb-04 05:00 PM
159 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Shutter lag time on D70 ?"
In response to Reply # 0

juneau, US

100ms vs. the D100's 120ms according to Nikon.

Dave
http://www.dramaticlight.com/

Smirf Registered since 18th Jul 2002Fri 13-Feb-04 01:26 PM
47 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Shutter lag time on D70 ?"
In response to Reply # 2

Oxford, UK

I have an F/N80 anyone know how the D70 compares to that in terms of shutter lag? What is the quoted figure for the N/F80?
Cheers,
Tom

ThirtyFourOFive Registered since 04th Feb 2004Fri 13-Feb-04 07:18 PM
20 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Shutter lag time on D70 ?"
In response to Reply # 3

Calgary, CA

Another query...how does 100ms compare to a film SLR lag time? Can digital perform as quickly? I suppose the camera needs to power-up or "prepare" the ccd for light...just looking for any dialog on the tech details.

bobj Silver Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions the the community Resources Charter MemberFri 13-Feb-04 07:29 PM
12585 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Shutter lag time on D70 ?"
In response to Reply # 4

Sammamish, US

Depends on the camera. The new D2h (digital of course) has the shortest shutter lag of any SLR, film or digital: 37 ms. That's nearly 20 ms faster than even the F5.

Bob Johnson
Earthbound Light
Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond
http://www.earthboundlight.com

Bob Johnson - Earthbound Light - Nikonians Gallery
Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond
Lots more new images!! - Weekly Phototips and Articles - RSS Feed

fundy Registered since 13th Nov 2002Sat 14-Feb-04 03:23 AM
1383 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Shutter lag time on D70 ?"
In response to Reply # 5

Marugame, JP

To me the D100 seems to be just as fast as the F80. So the D70 might be a hair faster.

Start up time (from off to on) is half a sec, much faster than any of the Canon lower end bodies.

Andrew
A.K.A. Fundy

-----------
Oregonian Nikonian presently found on Shikoku, Japan
http://homepage.mac.com/fundy/

Andrew
A.K.A. Fundy

-----------
Fundy Photo
<a
href="http://www.fundyphoto.com">P
ortland, Beaverton, Oregon Wedding
Photographer</a>
http://www.fundyphoto.com

Bartman01 Registered since 02nd Feb 2004Sat 14-Feb-04 07:41 PM
45 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Shutter lag time on D70 ?"
In response to Reply # 4

Houston, US

I was looking for this info, and found a post that claimed ~100ms times for consumer film cameras. The links to the tests were dead so I couldn't find any more info than that.

rutherfordphoto Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Registered since 27th Aug 2002Mon 16-Feb-04 03:58 AM
5099 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Shutter lag time on D70 ?"
In response to Reply # 0

Vancouver, CA

I did not have a "stopwatch" with me, but it was basically imperceptible. Definitely on par with the D100, perhaps even a hair faster. I have no valid tests on this issue, but it was a non-issue when using the camera.

Allan, A Comox Valley Nikonian
Find out more about me on the Nikonians Team Page

~Cheers, Allan~
www.allanschroeder.com

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #218456 Previous topic | Next topic