nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #218336
View in linear mode

Subject: "Any word from PMA as to when D-70 will be available?" Previous topic | Next topic
Jim R   Eau Claire, US  Registered since 04th Feb 2004 Fri 13-Feb-04 09:33 PM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Any word from PMA as to when D-70 will be available?"

I expected some more specific information on this to come out of PMA but haven't heard anything yet. Thanks

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Any word from PMA as to when D-70 will be available Eliotjo
13th Feb 2004
Reply message RE: Any word from PMA as to when D-70 will be available uffda bill
13th Feb 2004
Reply message RE: Any word from PMA as to when D-70 will be available fundy
14th Feb 2004
Reply message RE: Any word from PMA as to when D-70 will be available DeLaughterDO
14th Feb 2004
Reply message RE: Any word from PMA as to when D-70 will be available jborzak
14th Feb 2004
Reply message RE: Any word from PMA as to when D-70 will be available PRW Silver Member
15th Feb 2004
Reply message RE: Any word from PMA as to when D-70 will be available rutherfordphoto Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources
16th Feb 2004
Reply message RE: Any word from PMA as to when D-70 will be available gotroot
17th Feb 2004
Reply message RE: Any word from PMA as to when D-70 will be available RoyWoo
18th Feb 2004

Eliotjo   Portland, US  Registered since 13th Feb 2004 Fri 13-Feb-04 11:05 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Any word from PMA as to when D-70 will be available"
In response to Reply # 0

I just spoke with a rep from the brick and mortar Camerworld in downtown Portland Oregon. He advised they wouldn't be seeing the D70 for a few months. I asked if that would reduce the price of the D100 and he was non-committal but intimated it was possible.

uffda bill   Cary, US  Registered since 12th Feb 2004 Fri 13-Feb-04 11:11 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Any word from PMA as to when D-70 will be available"
In response to Reply # 0

I know what you mean I was hoping to hear also.
I'm glad they have not charge my C. C. for it yet. If I had not
ordered it I probably would not be so impatient.

fundy   Marugame, JP  Registered since 13th Nov 2002 Sat 14-Feb-04 03:24 AM
1383 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Any word from PMA as to when D-70 will be available"
In response to Reply # 2

They will hit the shelves in Japan on March 19. All the local shops have signs from Nikon stating this. As for the US, I don't know.

Andrew
A.K.A. Fundy

-----------
Oregonian Nikonian presently found on Shikoku, Japan
http://homepage.mac.com/fundy/

Andrew
A.K.A. Fundy

-----------
Fundy Photo
<a
href="http://www.fundyphoto.com">P
ortland, Beaverton, Oregon Wedding
Photographer</a>
http://www.fundyphoto.com

DeLaughterDO   Fort Worth, US  Registered since 14th Feb 2004 Sat 14-Feb-04 01:02 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Any word from PMA as to when D-70 will be available"
In response to Reply # 0

The manager at the camera supply store where I pre-ordered mine said they are expecting their 1st order the 2nd or 3rd week in march. He qualified this by telling me, "at least that's what they're TELLING us..."

Take it for what it's worth. I'm ready already.

Jonethan De.

jborzak   Cumming, US  Registered since 26th Nov 2003 Sat 14-Feb-04 02:10 PM
54 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Any word from PMA as to when D-70 will be available"
In response to Reply # 0

I expected more from PMA also, but its not over. I noticed B&H and several others are taking preorders on-line. It probably won't be until April. I expected more news on lenses especially the 70-180 macro which has seemed to have disappeared but not discontinued. Why?

PRW Silver Member  Plymouth, UK  Nikonian since 27th Apr 2002 Sun 15-Feb-04 10:12 AM
228 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Any word from PMA as to when D-70 will be available"
In response to Reply # 5

I have noticed that one online store in the UK states that the D70 + AF-S DX 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G SG IF ED - RRP £999.99 will be available in March, but D70 Body only - RRP £799.99 will not be available until the summer.

Kind regards,
Paul

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

www.paulwheelerphotography.com/
www.flickr.com/photos/paul_wheeler/

rutherfordphoto Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources   Vancouver, CA  Registered since 27th Aug 2002 Mon 16-Feb-04 03:53 AM
5099 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Any word from PMA as to when D-70 will be available"
In response to Reply # 0

I just returned from PMA. I got an extensive review and hands on with this camera. Nikon USA says they will begin shipping the 3rd week of March.

There appears to be no shortage of this camera. Every rep at the show had a production model of their own and had been out shooting with or testing the camera.

Allan, A Comox Valley Nikonian
Find out more about me on the Nikonians Team Page

~Cheers, Allan~
www.allanschroeder.com

gotroot     Registered since 10th Dec 2003 Tue 17-Feb-04 08:43 PM
13 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Any word from PMA as to when D-70 will be available"
In response to Reply # 0

just recieved this from nikon email support.

HI Ryan,

The D70 will be available in March. Sorry but we do not have a specific date.

Thanks

RoyWoo   Hongkong, CN  Registered since 14th Feb 2002 Wed 18-Feb-04 01:23 PM
187 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Any word from PMA as to when D-70 will be available"
In response to Reply # 0

I ran into a Nikon rep in a shop today (in Hong Kong). Here is what he said about availability:

1) D70 body only: within March US$1000
2) 18-70mm lens only: US$400
3) D70+lens kit: within April
4) SB-600: around May

I was thinking of placing a deposit for D70, but now I would wait for the kit.

Roy

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #218336 Previous topic | Next topic