Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #218104
View in linear mode

Subject: "Series E lens with D70?" Previous topic | Next topic
glennd Registered since 10th Dec 2003Mon 23-Feb-04 03:36 PM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Series E lens with D70?"

Birmingham, US

I have an old Series E 50mm f1.8 lens from the 1980's. Can I mount this lens on the D70 in unmetered manual without causing harm to the D70?

I also have a Kiron 70-210 f4 lens from the same era that is stamped Nikon AI on the apeture ring. I assume from having read previous posts that it can be safely mounted on the D70.

One last question regarding the Kiron lens. It has a zoom lock that was nifty when it worked, but now it is locked in the 210mm position. Does aybody have any ideas on how to get it unlocked again? I have removed the covering over the lock switch and tinkered a little, but with no success. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Glenn

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

StevenVW Registered since 20th Aug 2002Mon 23-Feb-04 06:33 PM
36 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Series E lens with D70?"
In response to Reply # 0

Laakdal, BE

90% sure you can, but I think there are people here who know more about this than me.

greypilgrim Registered since 18th Feb 2004Mon 23-Feb-04 11:18 PM
152 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Series E lens with D70?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

From everything I have read, the answer is yes you can, and yes ou will have to use it fully manually. You will not get any metering from the camera. I have a 75-150 Series E that I am getting a chip installed in which is supposed to make it act the same as any older AF lens as far as metering is concerned, obviously, no AF.

Hope this helps,

Doug

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #218104 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.