Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Noob D70 user, Advice needed.

racer008

Scranton, US
23 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
racer008 Registered since 25th Feb 2004
Wed 25-Feb-04 03:27 AM

First let me start off by saying this is my first camera. I used SLRs growing up. Cannon, Nikon, Pentax, and many others including medium format cameras, a stereo camera, and multiple TLRs. My stepfather was very big into photography. He passed away around a year ago and I realized how much photography he had done in his 20s through his 40s, while I was cleaning out some old boxes. My brother and sister are into photography, and have been for years. I recently took interest partially because of the options becoming available with digital cameras and the cost/ease of sharing them in digital format. Like DVD players being able to play .jpg files or being able to burn Photo DVD slideshows on My Sony DVD burner. I had planned on buying a D100 but the D70 has grabbed my attention.

I plan to purchase a D70 outfit when it is released as well as the 70-300mm f/4-5.6G AF Zoom-Nikkor. Total cost should be about $1450. This should give me 18-300mm zoom, 27-450mm zoom on this camera. I already have 2 SanDisk 256MB COMPACTFLASH ULTRA II cards, a spare EN-EL3, and a ML-L3 Remote Control Transmitter. I would plan on photographing friends, family, nature shots, landscapes, birds, and my house. My house is a fixer upper and I am doing alot of work on it. I would probably need a tripod, my stepfather's tripods are old and made of metal, so they are heavy. I dont know the differences between tripods or what to look for. I am 6'3" tall so the height of the tripod would be important. I would also need some advice as to what filters i should get if any. I took an online shortcourse about photography. Any suggestions of any sort are appreciated.

Tim, From PA
Camera Noob!

G