Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #217744
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon D70 factory tour" Previous topic | Next topic
HarisAshraf Registered since 21st Feb 2003Wed 25-Feb-04 12:53 AM
90 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon D70 factory tour"

Check thios out. 800,000 units this year. 60,000/mo!!!!

http://dpmac.com/factory/index.html

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

kc80s Registered since 29th Jan 2002Wed 25-Feb-04 12:48 PM
192 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon D70 factory tour"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

Hmmm... does that mean the D70 will be manufactured in Thailand, not Japan?

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberThu 26-Feb-04 09:58 PM
18357 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon D70 factory tour"
In response to Reply # 1

Rancho Cordova, US

Apparently so. But Thailand also produces quite a number of Nikon products so I wouldn't worry about it.

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
"The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard."

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

kc80s Registered since 29th Jan 2002Fri 27-Feb-04 01:54 PM
192 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Nikon D70 factory tour"
In response to Reply # 2

Toronto, CA

No, neither am I. I've had no complaints about my F80 thus far after several years of use.

gavinjung Registered since 04th Apr 2002Fri 27-Feb-04 10:44 PM
249 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon D70 factory tour"
In response to Reply # 1

Vancouver, CA

when it comes to engineering, where something is made has no bearing on its quality. every design comes with its own quality specifications. a factory has to meet them or the products get rejected. and these specifications don't change based on where it's made. so if you buy a D70 and something goes wrong, it won't be because it was made 'cheaply' in Thailand. it'll be because Nikon made a bad one. woulda been no different in Japan or China or Canada. so basically, it's not thailand that we're concerned with, it's Nikon's reputation. which is why i'm not worried.

gj

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #217744 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.