nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #217728
View in linear mode

Subject: "Which is Fill Flash equivalent on D70?" Previous topic | Next topic
ManuelH Registered since 16th Dec 2003Fri 27-Feb-04 04:47 PM
95 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Which is Fill Flash equivalent on D70?"

Singapore, SG

My previous camera was Coolpix 5700 which has a fill-flash option to fill in the shadow, etc.

In D70 I am not sure which to use as I am not familiar with them.
1 - Front Curtain Sync
2 - Red Eye Reduction
3 - Slow Sync + Red Eye Reduction
4 - Rear Curtain Sync
5 - Slow Sync

I usually uses P,S,A,M to shoot, so according to the manual, these are the five available.

Thank you.

--------------------------

D70 (Feb 04 - ??)

Please feel free to make comments on my pictures at my nikonians gallery
Be my critique, so I can learn from the mistakes

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberFri 27-Feb-04 05:49 PM
10874 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Which is Fill Flash equivalent on D70?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Generally, Fill-Flash is available when:

1. You are in Matrix Metering
2. You are using a D/G lens (which puts you in 3DMBFF) otherwise use a non-D lens (which puts you in MBFF).
3. You are in Front Curtain Synch - the flash symbol in the camera LED display should just show the box and the flash symbol (no red-eye, no REAR, no SLOW/REAR).

Shoot a few test shots if you're using the 18-70 kit lens with the hood on to determine the vignetting. The manual will probably tell you what usable focal lengths are with the built-in flash.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

gavinjung Registered since 04th Apr 2002Fri 27-Feb-04 05:50 PM
249 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Which is Fill Flash equivalent on D70?"
In response to Reply # 0

Vancouver, CA

assuming it's like all the other current nikon SLRs, the D70 measures the effect of the flash 'real-time' as it flashes. the camera just continues to dump flash into the picture until it determines that the correct exposure is achieved. in this way, the D70 does fill flash automatically. just pop up the flash when you want it. of the 5 choices you give up there, i suspect they'll all automatically fill flash except maybe the slow syncs.

gj

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ManuelH Registered since 16th Dec 2003Sat 28-Feb-04 01:46 AM
95 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Which is Fill Flash equivalent on D70?"
In response to Reply # 2

Singapore, SG

Thank you guys.

I usually uses Matrix Metering, so it mean the first option should be fine. The one with the Flash sign and nothing else in the flash box.

I will try that and see how it goes.

--------------------------

D70 (Feb 04 - ??)

Please feel free to make comments on my pictures at my nikonians gallery
Be my critique, so I can learn from the mistakes

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #217728 Previous topic | Next topic