Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #217416
View in linear mode

Subject: "D70 release date" Previous topic | Next topic
imakshar Registered since 28th Feb 2004Sat 28-Feb-04 04:52 PM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D70 release date"

Ft. Lauderdale, US

HI, I am new to this forum and a big fan of Nikon though I am a beginner. I am waiting for D70 to come up to market as I was going ot buy D100 and than I found out about D70. I think it is much better for a new starters. It seems that there are so many BS going around about the release date of D70 and I am at point that I am not sure if it will be available in US market in March 2004 or will it be late. Anybody have any idea when should we get it here in US ? if it is arriving too late than I may have to go with D100 as I have to take some pictures in a very special function in June.

Please let me know.
Ck

Ck

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D70 release date
StevenVW
28th Feb 2004
imakshar
29th Feb 2004
rutherfordphoto
28th Feb 2004
nulldev
28th Feb 2004
geekemedic
02nd Mar 2004

StevenVW Registered since 20th Aug 2002Sat 28-Feb-04 07:54 PM
36 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D70 release date"
In response to Reply # 0

Laakdal, BE

June isn't going to be a problem I think. Last thing I heard was late March, early April in Belgium (and we're usually late). The D70 is already available in Singapore, so the rest will follow soon I would think.

kr,

Steven

imakshar Registered since 28th Feb 2004Sun 29-Feb-04 03:59 AM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D70 release date"
In response to Reply # 1

Ft. Lauderdale, US

The big confusion is I was not sure between D100 and D70 it seems that D70 is much bettr choice as far as money is concern. But I would also need some time to play with the camera in order to make sure that I get best out of it before I use it in function I am waiting for. I was almost tempted to buy D100 and than thought that one month wait is not that bad. But now it seems that it is prolonging even more. Am I doing right by waiting for D70 and not buying D100 ?
Ck

Ck

rutherfordphoto Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Registered since 27th Aug 2002Sat 28-Feb-04 08:04 PM
5099 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D70 release date"
In response to Reply # 0

Vancouver, CA

Late March or Early April for the D70 in the US. If you are serious, make sure you get your name on a wait list.

Allan, A Comox Valley Nikonian
Find out more about me on the Nikonians Team Page

~Cheers, Allan~
www.allanschroeder.com

nulldev Registered since 13th Apr 2003Sat 28-Feb-04 10:23 PM
36 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D70 release date"
In response to Reply # 2

Grand Rapids, US

If you're planning on buying one in September or October. Should I put my name on a waiting list now or do you think they will be in stock by that point?

Eric

geekemedic Registered since 02nd Mar 2004Tue 02-Mar-04 03:07 AM
106 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D70 release date"
In response to Reply # 0

Gilbert, US

I put down my deposit today, and my camera store has been told by Nikon that the D70's will hsip in mid March. Here's to hoping that's true.

Robert Olmstead
Healer of Men
Elf Friend
Level 5 Geek

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #217416 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.