nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #217368
View in linear mode

Subject: "Infared remote" Previous topic | Next topic
Nial   Newton Le Willows, UK  Registered since 25th Apr 2002 Fri 27-Feb-04 11:22 PM
20 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Infared remote"

Sorry if this is a dumb question but here goes ...
The D70 uses the same $20 remote as the N75 right ?
Does this remote activate the autofocus as well as the shutter or does it just trigger the shutter ?

(I know the D70 is only just out but I assume its going to have pretty much the same functionality as the N75 in the area)

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources   Salt Lake City, US  Charter Member Mon 01-Mar-04 02:54 AM
10095 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Infared remote"
In response to Reply # 0

The IR remote activates the N65's AF, I expect the same D70 will operate the same way. If you want to preset focus, you'd set it to manual focus operation.

BJ

Zenfolio gallery

jainmukul   Singapore, SG  Registered since 02nd Mar 2004 Tue 02-Mar-04 05:50 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Infared remote"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes it works exactly in the same way. I have N65 and D70 as well and I tried, it also has feature to enable delayed shutter and immediate as well which I think is not htere in N65.

vchong   Victoria, CA  Basic Member Tue 02-Mar-04 09:23 AM
1340 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Infared remote"
In response to Reply # 2

The F65 (N65) has four modes for the self-timer / remote control. They are: self-timer only, self-timer + remote control / remote control only, and none of the above.

http://www.finearts.uvic.ca/~vchong/images/vchong.gif

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #217368 Previous topic | Next topic