Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #216744
View in linear mode

Subject: "What filter size for 18-70mm?" Previous topic | Next topic
Saxo Registered since 13th Mar 2002Thu 04-Mar-04 06:58 PM
114 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"What filter size for 18-70mm?"

Lewisville, US

I haven't been able to find any documentation or threads on this. Any ideas?

-Saxo

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: What filter size for 18-70mm?
Flachlaender
04th Mar 2004
Poynder Silver Member
04th Mar 2004
vchong
04th Mar 2004
gavinjung
04th Mar 2004
vchong
05th Mar 2004
Len Shepherd Gold Member
05th Mar 2004

Flachlaender Registered since 07th Feb 2004Thu 04-Mar-04 07:03 PM
123 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: What filter size for 18-70mm?"
In response to Reply # 0

NL

Saxo,

The brochure that I downloaded said: 'Filter Attachment Size- 67 mm.'

Makes me buying a new polarizer!

Sijtze.

"May the winds be in your back and the sun in your face."

"Who would not admire and love the Alps, visit them with pleasure, hike and climb them? I cannot express the longing and love I feel for the mountains and there is no place where I would rather be."

Benedikt 'Aretius' Marti (1522-1574). Swiss professor in Greek and Hebrew. Botanist and mountaineer.

Landscapes and more at my Nikonians Gallery

Poynder Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Feb 2004Thu 04-Mar-04 07:11 PM
10 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: What filter size for 18-70mm?"
In response to Reply # 0

Corsham, GB

sight at the bottom of the page it states it is 67mm.

I hope it is as I have just brought a filter ready to cover the front of the new lens when I get my D70.

Regards... Colin

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

vchong Basic MemberThu 04-Mar-04 07:59 PM
1340 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: What filter size for 18-70mm?"
In response to Reply # 2

Victoria, CA

It is indeed 67mm. Product shots of the lens clearly show the 67mm marking on the underside of the lens barrel. Ah, 67mm... how unique, how uncommon, how useless!

http://www.finearts.uvic.ca/~vchong/images/vchong.gif

gavinjung Registered since 04th Apr 2002Thu 04-Mar-04 08:58 PM
249 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: What filter size for 18-70mm?"
In response to Reply # 3

Vancouver, CA

useless? neh, perfect! when i sell my 24-85 AFS, its filters will have a place to go!

GJ

vchong Basic MemberFri 05-Mar-04 01:36 AM
1340 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: What filter size for 18-70mm?"
In response to Reply # 4

Victoria, CA

LOL. Yeah, aside from that one possible upgrade path, 67mm for the moment is an anomaly. Don't worry, my 67mm filters have a home too... on the 18-70mm.

http://www.finearts.uvic.ca/~vchong/images/vchong.gif

Len Shepherd Gold Member Nikonian since 09th Mar 2003Fri 05-Mar-04 09:34 AM
12722 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: What filter size for 18-70mm?"
In response to Reply # 3

Yorkshire, GB

>67mm... how unique, how uncommon, how useless!

If you want a filter for protection Nikon supply a 67 NC - as recommended in the lens instructions.

Nikon NC list at 30% less than Nikon UV so they are not that expensive having regard to the quality of the glass, filter mount and coating.

You may need a new Pol and for slide work any other colour adjustment filter you use when needed.

Nikon are being kind - they are giving you an opportunity to buy more bits for your camera system!

With the smaller sensor and smaller DX lenses I would not be surprised to see 67mm replacing 72mm for the DX range.

Photography is a bit like archery. A technically better camera, lens or arrow may not hit the target as often as it could if the photographer or archer does not practice enough.

Len Shepherd

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #216744 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.