Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #216696
View in linear mode

Subject: "warranty and pricing" Previous topic | Next topic
papih Registered since 03rd Sep 2002Thu 04-Mar-04 03:56 PM
28 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"warranty and pricing"

Millbrae, US

Yesterday, I windowshopped at a small electronic mall in my city. As i walked into one of the small store there, i asked the store owner if he have heard any news regarding the d70. To my shock, he said that the d70 is being unloaded from the delivery box that just came minutes ago!
So, in short that's the first time that i hold the d70, and to my suprise it felt heavier and sturdier than my n80. (sadly it's not powered yet, and they dont have a nikkor lens to try it on)
The owner said that it cost 8.5 million rupiahs (US$ 999.5 according to xe dot com)
Naturally my impulsive buyer mode kicked in! But i suddenly realized the warranty factor.
So, anyone know if that warranty will be honoured in the US?
Also, anyone know wheter the price in singapore, hongkong or united states are significantly cheaper than that or not?

thank you so much!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ManuelH Registered since 16th Dec 2003Fri 05-Mar-04 03:53 PM
95 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: warranty and pricing"
In response to Reply # 0

Singapore, SG

I just bought mine with the 18-70mm lens kit for SGD$2100 incl Tax.
That would be around USD1235 (using 1.7 rate)

Malaysia may be a little cheaper becuase there is no tax on photography equipment. The last time I enquire the D100, I can save about USD150.

Hope the above helps.

--------------------------

D70 (Feb 04 - ??)

Please feel free to make comments on my pictures at my nikonians gallery
Be my critique, so I can learn from the mistakes

imakshar Registered since 28th Feb 2004Fri 05-Mar-04 07:50 PM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: warranty and pricing"
In response to Reply # 0

Ft. Lauderdale, US

I called up Nikon tech support people here in US to ask if I buy the camera from Singapore or Out side US would it be still valid for warrenty. And from what he explained it works like this ...
Shop you buy from sometimes provide US warrenties.
So if you buy a camera from Hong Kong or AUS with teir warrenty and not US warrenty than you have to send the camera to that shop/country to get it fixed within warrenty,
But if you buy from HongKong or AUS with store provided valid(not sure how to make sure it is valid) US warrenty than you are fine. US nikon will take case of the within warrenty faults.

Ck

Ck

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #216696 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.