nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #216548
View in linear mode

Subject: "Languages in D70" Previous topic | Next topic
Johan Maxe Registered since 05th Mar 2004Fri 05-Mar-04 09:49 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Languages in D70"

Do Nikon D70 ship with all languages wordwide. I'm a soon-to-be owner of a D70 and i woulden't buy my gear in Sweden because Nikon-Sweden overprice therir equipment by 20-60%.

So here is my question: Do the D70 ship with Swedish Language in Asia or in the USA (Have a friend in Singapore, and going to USA late summer -04)

Regards

Johan Maxe

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

vchong Basic MemberFri 05-Mar-04 10:33 AM
1340 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Languages in D70"
In response to Reply # 0

Victoria, CA

Firmware should be the same all around the world.

EEPROMS are cheap enough these days that manufacturers can afford to put a larger chip into the cameras to accept internationalized firmware.

Take a look at Phil Askey's preview, especially the menu settings.

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/nikond70/page8.asp

Of course, finally, your friend and yourself should check the camera in the store for Svenska before purchasing.

http://www.finearts.uvic.ca/~vchong/images/vchong.gif

Johan Maxe Registered since 05th Mar 2004Fri 05-Mar-04 12:03 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Languages in D70"
In response to Reply # 1

Ofcourse!

My long-term memory seems to be out of sync. I've already read the review at dpreview so if I had just used my poor excuse for a brain I would have remembered this.

Thank you!

Regards

Johan Maxe

rutherfordphoto Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Registered since 27th Aug 2002Fri 05-Mar-04 03:09 PM
5099 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Languages in D70"
In response to Reply # 0

Vancouver, CA

All Language settings are available in the setup menu. I believe there are a total of eight to choose.

Allan, A Comox Valley Nikonian
Find out more about me on the Nikonians Team Page

~Cheers, Allan~
www.allanschroeder.com

Rumpis Basic MemberSun 07-Mar-04 12:57 PM
24 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Languages in D70"
In response to Reply # 0

Riga, LV

>So here is my question: Do the D70 ship with Swedish
>Language in Asia or in the USA (Have a friend in Singapore,
>and going to USA late summer -04)
>
>Regards
>
>Johan Maxe

I'll worry more about warranties if something goes wrong. I am not sure Nikon Sweden (like any other Nikon in Europe) will repair anything under warranty if the equipment is bought outside Europe.

Rumpis

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #216548 Previous topic | Next topic