nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #216056
View in linear mode

Subject: "D70 MLU workaround?" Previous topic | Next topic
serych   Praha, CZ  Registered since 02nd Mar 2004 Sat 06-Mar-04 09:14 PM
85 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D70 MLU workaround?"

Does anybody know (or can some of happy D70 owners test) if mirror is prereleased in remote control delayed mode in the begining of the 2 second delay?
If yes, it could nicely workaround the lack of MLU function of D70.

Jakub Serych

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

simeyla     Registered since 10th Mar 2004 Sat 13-Mar-04 11:53 AM
28 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D70 MLU workaround?"
In response to Reply # 0

Nobody knows???

Whatever the current answer - we should rest assured that at least in theory this could be fixed with a firmware upgrade.

I would imagine that they would fix this, were it a big issue. Its still a lot less of a crippled camera than the Digi. Rebel.

nkcllewis Silver Member  Washington, US  Charter Member Sat 13-Mar-04 06:17 PM
4942 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D70 MLU workaround?"
In response to Reply # 1

I don't own a D70 but I was told by Nikon that it doesn't have any version of MLU to include MLU prefire when the timer is tripped. Still, this may not be a big issue unless you plan on doing some very high mag macro work or use some very long lenses. Although I am a big advocate of MLU, it only makes a difference in minor way within certain applications.

Trust me, if MLU were that important, the F100 would have been upgraded or discontinued due to bad sales.

Kent

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

"A poor worker always blames his tools" Anonymous

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR NIKON CAMERA Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #216056 Previous topic | Next topic