Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #215772
View in linear mode

Subject: "D70 Vertical Grip - (Do It Yourself)" Previous topic | Next topic
Sneezy Registered since 23rd Jun 2003Sun 14-Mar-04 03:44 AM
53 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"D70 Vertical Grip - (Do It Yourself)"

US

Came across this post:

D70 vertical Grip DIY by Cire

The basic idea is to put ML-L3 remote control inside MB-18 grip. And link the ML-L3 release button with remote's shutter release.

Pretty smart!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D70 Vertical Grip - (Do It Yourself)
Treefrog
14th Mar 2004
Rally
14th Mar 2004
Treefrog
14th Mar 2004
JMWarren
14th Mar 2004
Sneezy
14th Mar 2004
gavinjung
15th Mar 2004
Axe
15th Mar 2004
kc80s
15th Mar 2004
kc80s
15th Mar 2004

Treefrog Registered since 10th Mar 2004Sun 14-Mar-04 04:11 AM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: D70 Vertical Grip - (Do It Yourself)"
In response to Reply # 0

White Plains,

is the vertical grip really that necessary?
with the D100 which uses the same battery as the D70, i shot well over a thousand pictures on one day with out the battery going down at all i believe. the battery life of the supplied battery with the D100 is superb in my oppinion.
the only reason vor getting a vertical grip in my oppinion would be comfort (if you could call it that)

Rally Registered since 31st Jan 2004Sun 14-Mar-04 06:48 AM
479 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D70 Vertical Grip - (Do It Yourself)"
In response to Reply # 1

Auckland, NZ

"only reason for getting a vertical grip in my opinion would be comfort"

In this case very true as it looks to me like there is no space for batteries once the conversion is done.

Treefrog Registered since 10th Mar 2004Sun 14-Mar-04 01:51 PM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: D70 Vertical Grip - (Do It Yourself)"
In response to Reply # 2

White Plains,

Yes, although for some reason it doesnt look all too comfortable...

JMWarren Registered since 24th Jun 2002Sun 14-Mar-04 03:11 PM
165 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D70 Vertical Grip - (Do It Yourself)"
In response to Reply # 2

Mississauga/London, CA

Hmmm, I think i posted this idea earlier....Maybe I should get the local patent? LOL! If someone could mass produce and package this it could have decent sales....ya never know....

Mike Warren

Mike Warren

Sneezy Registered since 23rd Jun 2003Sun 14-Mar-04 04:19 PM
53 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#5. "RE: D70 Vertical Grip - (Do It Yourself)"
In response to Reply # 4

US

Mike, you can have the patent.

For several times I heard someone complained about the D70's lack of a grip. Although I don't use a grip, I believe this might help.

According to what I heard, D70 is very good with battery so an empty battery grip is OK, I suppose.

If D70 sells very well, eventually some third party will start to produce grips. (F80 is a good example.)

gavinjung Registered since 04th Apr 2002Mon 15-Mar-04 01:54 AM
249 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D70 Vertical Grip - (Do It Yourself)"
In response to Reply # 5

Vancouver, CA

i dunno about you guys, but if it's about comfort, it sorta has a grip on it already. i mean, compared to an F80, the bottom of the D70 actually extends down a bit almost as if it had a 'built-in' grip. perhaps it's not quite as beefy as a full grip, but it's at least half way there. is this not enough for many of you?

GJ

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Axe Registered since 28th Aug 2003Mon 15-Mar-04 02:17 AM
563 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: D70 Vertical Grip - (Do It Yourself)"
In response to Reply # 6

Sarasota, US

It doesn't have a shutter release down there though right?

I like the MB-D100 on my D100, mostly for the 10 pin port for an MC-20 remote. But, for comfort & ease of use, it does help me out on portrait orientation shots - but I don't take many of those, so it's not as essential.

John
--
http://www.reptilerooms.com

kc80s Registered since 29th Jan 2002Mon 15-Mar-04 04:26 PM
192 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: D70 Vertical Grip - (Do It Yourself)"
In response to Reply # 7

Toronto, CA

>It doesn't have a shutter release down there though right?
>

Nope.

kc80s Registered since 29th Jan 2002Mon 15-Mar-04 04:25 PM
192 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: D70 Vertical Grip - (Do It Yourself)"
In response to Reply # 6

Toronto, CA

>i dunno about you guys, but if it's about comfort, it sorta
>has a grip on it already. i mean, compared to an F80, the
>bottom of the D70 actually extends down a bit almost as if
>it had a 'built-in' grip. perhaps it's not quite as beefy
>as a full grip, but it's at least half way there. is this
>not enough for many of you?
>
>GJ

Some people have large hands so the grip will make it a lot more comfortable to hold. I have small hands and don't have a problem about the lack of the grip, but I can understand why this can be important for some.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #215772 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.