Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #215500
View in linear mode

Subject: "Call for NEF files with bad moire" Previous topic | Next topic
simeyla Registered since 10th Mar 2004Wed 17-Mar-04 08:50 PM
28 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Call for NEF files with bad moire"

Ahhh!

Everybody keeps saying Capture 4.1 has moire reduction yet i cannot find but one post explaining how well it works.

I've seen some TERRIBLE moire shots (in the context of a final photograph) taken with the D70 where large areas of the image are colored badly. BUT I havent seen a single person say if moire reduction in 4.1 works or not.

I have the camera on pre-order and the trial on my machine. I'd be happy to do an analysis of this if someone could send me an NEF with moire. I'd rather have something like a patterned couch, cushion, shirt than a tiny artifact in an isolated chimney or birds eye.

Or has anyone already done this?

-simon

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

serych Registered since 02nd Mar 2004Thu 18-Mar-04 10:07 AM
85 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Call for NEF files with bad moire"
In response to Reply # 0

Praha, CZ

As I tried to explain in another thread here, the moire cannot be cleared out from the image by the mathematical/physical principles of the moire.
The post-reduction is based only on desaturation of the problematic parts of image an coloring them again. But this way, YOU are creating the parts of your image and not the camera.
First of all you have to disallow the proces of moire creation in front of the CCD (right using of the lense properties to blur the potentialy problematic parts of image little bit).
All the other solutions are only excuse solutions.

Jakub

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #215500 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.