nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #215440
View in linear mode

Subject: "High Speed Write in D70?" Previous topic | Next topic
AcidCool2K Registered since 16th Mar 2004Thu 18-Mar-04 04:47 AM
70 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"High Speed Write in D70?"

Orlando, US

Hi,

A. Does anyone know whether the Nikon D70 will support the lastest fast writing technologies one the initial retail without having to send back for firmware upgrade as D100 does
1. The Lexar WA (40x)
2. The Sandisk Ultra (60x)
3. The Sandisk Extreme (60x + Extreme Condition Allowance)

B. Do you have any sites those sell Lexar WA and Sandisk Ultra (512MB or 1GB in size) at good prices?

Thanks in advance

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mdparker Registered since 29th Feb 2004Thu 18-Mar-04 05:50 PM
63 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: High Speed Write in D70?"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't know how fast of a card is too fast for the D70, but I've read some good test with the camera using the Sandisk Ultra II cards and Nikons specs list that the camera does support WA on the Lexar cards. A good price for a 1GB Lexar 40X WA card is here: http://www.compuplus.com . $179 after a $40 mail in rebate.

geekemedic Registered since 02nd Mar 2004Thu 18-Mar-04 11:13 PM
106 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: High Speed Write in D70?"
In response to Reply # 0

Gilbert, US

This is a quote from the nikonimaging.com site concerning the D70.

http://nikonimaging.com/global/news/2004/0128_01.htm

"it can shoot a rapid 3 frames per second for a continuous burst of 144 pictures (when using JPEG NORMAL - Large settings, and a SanDisk SDCHF256MB CompactFlashTM card) thanks to improved buffer memory handling, faster image processing, increased memory card access speed and greater system bus bandwidth."

I have read in other threads here that Nikon Tech support is recommending both the Lexar WA and the Sandisk Ultra cards. It would seem that the D70 does support fast writing on the new cards. I just ordered and recieved a 256mb Sandisk Ultra II for $65 shipped on ebay. There are some great prices there.

Robert Olmstead
Healer of Men
Elf Friend
Level 5 Geek

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #215440 Previous topic | Next topic