Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #1909
View in linear mode

Subject: "EN-EL3e availability? Generic battery replacement?" Previous topic | Next topic
jemaerca Registered since 28th May 2006Tue 05-Sep-06 04:22 PM
1117 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"EN-EL3e availability? Generic battery replacement?"

River Forest, US

I'm switching to a D80 from a D50 and wanted to get a spare EN-EL3e. Well, it appears that this batery is in short supply. Does anyone know who has this in stock?

Also, with my D50, I used a Targus knock-off with no issues. Are there any generics for EN-EL3e that are proven safe? Thanks.

Comments always welcome: My Smugmug Gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: EN-EL3e availability? Generic battery replacement?
dknisely
06th Sep 2006
jemaerca
06th Sep 2006
hwdx347 Silver Member
06th Sep 2006
Von
07th Sep 2006
Barry Schmetter
07th Sep 2006
Von
07th Sep 2006
Barry Schmetter
07th Sep 2006
fspeeder
07th Sep 2006
Von
07th Sep 2006
Von
07th Sep 2006
fspeeder
07th Sep 2006
Von
07th Sep 2006
Von
07th Sep 2006
Reply message RE: EN-EL3e availability? got mine by LUCK
wmscott
07th Sep 2006
briantilley Moderator
07th Sep 2006

dknisely Registered since 23rd May 2006Wed 06-Sep-06 05:39 PM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: EN-EL3e availability? Generic battery replacement?"
In response to Reply # 0

They are in horribly short supply! I looked for three days all over the Chicago area and online, and could not find a single dealer with any of these in stock. Wolf Camera told me that they usually get ONE battery with each shipment from Nikon; they are in shorter supply than any other Nikon product. Amazing...

Actually, I did find one listed on eBay going for double the list price.

I was trying to get one as a second battery for my D50. I wanted to get the new D80/D200 battery since the older D50-only battery has been discontinued. I also wanted to get an original Nikon battery rather than a knock-off brand. I had to give up and buy a D50-only knock-off.

Please post if you find a supply!

jemaerca Registered since 28th May 2006Wed 06-Sep-06 06:23 PM
1117 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: EN-EL3e availability? Generic battery replacement?"
In response to Reply # 1

River Forest, US

I've seen some listed on eBay but can't really trust that the sellers are selling originals.

Comments always welcome: My Smugmug Gallery

hwdx347 Silver Member Charter MemberWed 06-Sep-06 07:01 PM
6240 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: EN-EL3e availability? Generic battery replacement?"
In response to Reply # 0

Maumelle, US

There are no generic En-EL3e yet. I got one from Ritz and one from www.central-camera.com

Hedley

Hedley
Originally from Merthyr Tydfil, Wales -- now in Arkansas

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Von Registered since 26th Aug 2006Thu 07-Sep-06 03:38 AM
66 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: EN-EL3e availability? Generic battery replacement?"
In response to Reply # 3

Aiea, US

I just placed an order with at Roberts. They claim to have them in stock now. I also received confirmation.

Hard to believe that they actually have the batteries in stock?

>Your order ****** has been sent to our order desk for processing and you will receive a shipping confirmation soon.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this order, please contact us at 1-800-726-5544.

Thank you for shopping online at robertsimaging.com. We appreciate your business.<

Roberts
255 S. Meridian
Indianapolis, IN. 46225
317-636-5544
1-800-726-5544

robertsimaging.com

Aloha,
Von

Barry Schmetter Registered since 15th Mar 2006Thu 07-Sep-06 12:58 PM
43 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: EN-EL3e availability? Generic battery replacement?"
In response to Reply # 4

DC Metro, US

When you say--"they claim to have them...", do you mean actual human beings or the web site? Because I just tried putting 999 EN-EL3e's and 999 Nikon 18-200 lenses in my cart and...no problem. Good luck, but you may have just "preordered".

Von Registered since 26th Aug 2006Thu 07-Sep-06 01:33 PM
66 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: EN-EL3e availability? Generic battery replacement?"
In response to Reply # 5

Aiea, US

Hi Berry

It was the website, but I did receive confirmation and also a note says your order is being processed.

However I was clear to put in my note saying; "Important! Do not back-order. " I only ordered one so it's no big deal what they do yet I will follow up in a day or so and if the item was just preordered like you say then I will cancel the order. We have to at least try.

One more thing. About 10 days ago Nikon told me that the batteries are out now what ever that means so just maybe they really do have them in stock?

Von

Barry Schmetter Registered since 15th Mar 2006Thu 07-Sep-06 01:42 PM
43 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: EN-EL3e availability? Generic battery replacement?"
In response to Reply # 6

DC Metro, US

I also ordered a couple and got the same notice, so we'll see what happens. Interestingly, I haven't been able to find *anything* listed as out of stock on the Roberts web site. Since they have a reputation for honesty, we'll just assume they're not exactly ecommerce geniuses .

Nikon told you that "the batteries are out now"? They're sure telling the truth, because everywhere I look, they're out!

fspeeder Registered since 06th Jan 2005Thu 07-Sep-06 01:49 PM
1418 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: EN-EL3e availability? Generic battery replacement?"
In response to Reply # 7

Barrington, US

Roberts has a disclaimer on theri website that the website does not show stock status: ** Roberts website offers products for sale, but does not show stock status. You will be notified within 1 business day if your order is not in stock.

The battery has been back-ordered at Roberts for a few months. I ordered in April and have got no delivery yet.

Von Registered since 26th Aug 2006Thu 07-Sep-06 01:59 PM
#10. "RE: EN-EL3e availability? Generic battery replacement?"
In response to Reply # 8

Aiea, US

Thanks fspeeder

That does make more sense because no one else has any batteries in stock. If one store has them in stock then every one will have them in stock, but whatever it won't be to much longer.

I just ordered one battery from them as a test order anyway.

Aloha,
Von

Von Registered since 26th Aug 2006Thu 07-Sep-06 01:51 PM
#9. "RE: EN-EL3e availability? Generic battery replacement?"
In response to Reply # 7

Aiea, US

Hi Barry

>Nikon told you that "the batteries are out now"? They're sure telling the truth, because everywhere I look, they're out!<

Good point! I didn’t catch that one. I hope that is not what they mean?

Yes I'm with you on Roberts having a reputation for honesty. If it was anyone else then I would not pay any attention.

We'll just have to see what their next move will be then?

Aloha,
Von

fspeeder Registered since 06th Jan 2005Thu 07-Sep-06 01:59 PM
1418 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: EN-EL3e availability? Generic battery replacement?"
In response to Reply # 9

Barrington, US

Their next move is sending you a message the battery is back-ordered. Roberts is very good but their website is not.

Von Registered since 26th Aug 2006Thu 07-Sep-06 02:08 PM
#12. "RE: EN-EL3e availability? Generic battery replacement?"
In response to Reply # 11

Aiea, US

Hi

Well yes. I just called them. The person that takes care of these itmes is Mr.Rich and they do "NOT" have any in stock like everyone else.

So now we know. Don't wast your time.

I'll post again when I hear something new.

Aloha,
Von Dent

Von Registered since 26th Aug 2006Thu 07-Sep-06 02:13 PM
#13. "RE: EN-EL3e availability? Generic battery replacement?"
In response to Reply # 11

Aiea, US

Copy. Now we can put this thing to rest:

Have a nice day.

Von

------------------------------------------

I received your order but unfortunately, we did not have the items in stock.
They are on backorder from the manufacturer and I am unsure when the item will arrive. Your item will be cancelled per your comment.

We greatly appreciate your business. Please let us know if you have any questions or problems regarding your order. I look forward to assisting you with your future photographic needs.

Sincerely,
Dawn Boarman

Dawn M Boarman
Mail Order Department
Roberts Distributors, LP
255 S Meridian
Indianapolis, IN 46225
317.687.2460 Fax

wmscott Registered since 05th Feb 2006Thu 07-Sep-06 05:10 PM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: EN-EL3e availability? got mine by LUCK"
In response to Reply # 0

Mooresville, US

I guess it pays to know people.....

I got my D200 yesterday WITH a spare battery....I had to ask nicely and i guess spending $2K+ was good enough for me to obtain one of the 7 spares that they had in their backroom...I felt lucky and couldn't resist the extra $39.00....but as I said ...I spend close to $2500.00 right then and there...sometime you just have to ask in person...try it when they are not busy!!

William:-)

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Thu 07-Sep-06 06:17 PM
28728 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: EN-EL3e availability? Generic battery replacement?"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

From here on, this type of thread about EN-EL3e battery availability, is going to be moved to our Shops & Online Retailers Forum, to save duplication across the D80 and D200 Forums.

Thanks!

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #1909 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.