Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #1860
View in linear mode

Subject: "MB-D80 Battery Grip, What's the latest news?" Previous topic | Next topic
klrbee25 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jun 2006Mon 04-Sep-06 02:53 PM
1383 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"MB-D80 Battery Grip, What's the latest news?"

Naples, US

Now that my D80 is on the way, I'm looking for the battery grip. I've ordered one through Robertsimaging (best price I've seen at $139)and their website doesn't say anything about backorders or pre-orders. I'm assuming it's in stock but I haven't heard anything more since today is a holiday. However, other locations like Adorama and B&H have it listed as backordered or preordered.

What's the word? Is the MB-D80 available yet? If so, has anyone tried it out? I'm curious to hear how 6 AAs perform/compare to two EL-EN3e batteries.

Thanks,

Alex

-Alex Rosen
www.flickr.com/photos/klrbee25/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: MB-D80 Battery Grip, What's the latest news?
skorj
05th Sep 2006
John Garth
05th Sep 2006
klrbee25 Silver Member
05th Sep 2006
SRFast Silver Member
06th Sep 2006
John Garth
06th Sep 2006
klrbee25 Silver Member
07th Sep 2006

skorj Registered since 19th Aug 2003Tue 05-Sep-06 04:47 PM
180 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: MB-D80 Battery Grip, What's the latest news?"
In response to Reply # 0

Fort Erie, CA

I pre-ordered online from Vistek in Toronto the day after the D80 was announced. The site has an extensive list of suggested optional accessories, but curiously the MB-D80 wasn't one of them (and still isn't). This left me with the impression it wasn't available to order right away, but I found it when I searched specifically for the the MB-D80. I called to find out if adding one to the order could possibly delay shipment of the D80 but nobody seemed to know. To me the only sense it would make to these front and centre for D80 buyers is the fear that encouraging too many orders could cause a shortage. (I also haven't heard when they're shipping the D80 itself... anybody know about availability in Canada yet?)

As for battery life with AA's, there is another thread in this forum where a D200 user discusses how he made out using NiMH's with the D200 ( http://www.nikonians.org/dcforum/DCForumID236/135.html ) It certainly sounds like an attractive way to go compared with the EN-EL3e's

-Joe Iannandrea

www.evermorephotography.com

-Joe Iannandrea

John Garth Registered since 10th Jun 2006Tue 05-Sep-06 05:00 PM
104 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: MB-D80 Battery Grip, What's the latest news?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

It's Sep 5, 1355 hrs here in the midwest. I just called Roberts, and spoke with a saleman. They don't know if they have any MB-D80's in stock, or ever received them for that matter. Seems the warehouse and the sales folks have a communications problem.
I'll wait and make sure someone has it on the shelf 1st. Ritz is supposedly shipping my D80 later today......

Oh, the Energizer AA NiMH 2500 mah work better than the Nikon en-el3e's, at least they do in my D200....you give up that "battery status display", but it's not all that informative anyway.

klrbee25 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jun 2006Tue 05-Sep-06 07:49 PM
1383 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: MB-D80 Battery Grip, What's the latest news?"
In response to Reply # 2

Naples, US

Roberts just got back to me saying the MB-D80 is on backorder. If anyone knows where to get one now, please let us know!

Thanks,

Alex

-Alex Rosen

SRFast Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Dec 2004Wed 06-Sep-06 08:02 PM
1387 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: MB-D80 Battery Grip, What's the latest news?"
In response to Reply # 3

New York City, US

B&H has it in stock for $149.99.

Hope this helps...JL

John Garth Registered since 10th Jun 2006Wed 06-Sep-06 10:04 PM
104 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: MB-D80 Battery Grip, What's the latest news?"
In response to Reply # 4

US

Thanks,
It's 645 PM here in the midwest. I just ordered mine from B&H. Hope the D80 from Ritz & this grip get here close together....I expressed both of them.

klrbee25 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jun 2006Thu 07-Sep-06 12:37 AM
#6. "RE: MB-D80 Battery Grip, What's the latest news?"
In response to Reply # 5

Naples, US

Thanks for the heads up on B&H. They didn't have it listed yesterday or the day before, but now it's up and in stock. Just placed my order with them and canceled with Roberts.

-Alex Rosen

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #1860 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.