nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #18214
View in linear mode

Subject: "No memory card warning, but it's there! (help)" Previous topic | Next topic
zampano Registered since 11th Jun 2007Tue 17-Jul-07 10:04 PM
198 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"No memory card warning, but it's there! (help)"

Hey guys, I have a card in that I usually use and I'm getting the 'No memory card warning' in the Viewfinder area (lower left corner). This is a first. I formatted the card, same thing, powered down and up, still there. I took pictures and they seem to be there, working fine. But why is this warning still on!?!

I have a gig in an hour, any help now would be great.

Thanks!

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: No memory card warning, but it's there! (help)
zampano
17th Jul 2007
jdbower Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the Resources
17th Jul 2007
zampano
17th Jul 2007
James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography
17th Jul 2007
zampano
17th Jul 2007
17th Jul 2007
zampano
17th Jul 2007
17th Jul 2007
17th Jul 2007
zampano
27th Jul 2007
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community
27th Jul 2007
zampano
27th Jul 2007

zampano Registered since 11th Jun 2007Tue 17-Jul-07 10:51 PM
198 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: No memory card warning, but it's there! (help)"
In response to Reply # 0

I could really use some help here. I just tried another card and its giving me the same warning

jdbower Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Nikonian since 12th Jan 2006Tue 17-Jul-07 11:10 PM
3142 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: No memory card warning, but it's there! (help)"
In response to Reply # 1

New York, US

I'm afraid if two cards have an issue it's probably with the camera. Try formatting each card in the camera, if that fails try the PC. If neither work you can always make an emergency trip to try a third one out of the box. You can also check the card reader to make sure there's nothing stuck in the slot, a small scrap of paper or plastic could make the pin lose contact with the card.

Jeff Bower
Google+ Profile
Moderator Pages

zampano Registered since 11th Jun 2007Tue 17-Jul-07 11:13 PM
#3. "RE: No memory card warning, but it's there! (help)"
In response to Reply # 2

Great, will do!

When you say format on the PC, how so?

James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004Tue 17-Jul-07 11:16 PM
9918 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: No memory card warning, but it's there! (help)"
In response to Reply # 3

Memphis, US

Plus I would do a two button resest and a hard boot by taking the batteries out and replacing them and see if that helps. Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

zampano Registered since 11th Jun 2007Tue 17-Jul-07 11:30 PM
#6. "RE: No memory card warning, but it's there! (help)"
In response to Reply # 4

Damn. Nothing has worked. i did all the suggestions above except format on PC (don't know how). However when I load the card into PP and NX it works just fine, the images are there. It's just that darn warning image in my viewfinder scares me.

My headshot appointment will be here in 15 minutes. I'm just going to go for it and see what happens I suppose. I will warn him of the concern first I guess, but it all seems to work fine.

Why is it still there!?! Grrr.

jdbower Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Nikonian since 12th Jan 2006Tue 17-Jul-07 11:39 PM
3142 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: No memory card warning, but it's there! (help)"
In response to Reply # 6

New York, US

If you're shooting near a laptop, download a demo copy of Camera Control Pro from the Nikon website. You can shoot with the camera tethered to the laptop in a pinch by setting it to P2P mode but be warned that this is a power hog so it may be best if you've got a spare battery laying around.

Jeff Bower
Google+ Profile
Moderator Pages

zampano Registered since 11th Jun 2007Tue 17-Jul-07 11:41 PM
#8. "RE: No memory card warning, but it's there! (help)"
In response to Reply # 7

Jeff, you rule, I'm on it.

jdbower Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Nikonian since 12th Jan 2006Tue 17-Jul-07 11:43 PM
#9. "RE: No memory card warning, but it's there! (help)"
In response to Reply # 8

New York, US

Here\'s the link.

Jeff Bower
Google+ Profile
Moderator Pages

jdbower Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Nikonian since 12th Jan 2006Tue 17-Jul-07 11:30 PM
#5. "RE: No memory card warning, but it's there! (help)"
In response to Reply # 3

New York, US

>When you say format on the PC, how so?

I guess if the D80 can't read it you'll need a card reader for this one. In Windows just open up My Computer and right-click on the drive - there should be a "Format" option there. Not sure about on a Mac, but according to all the commercials it should be much easier

Jeff Bower
Google+ Profile
Moderator Pages

zampano Registered since 11th Jun 2007Fri 27-Jul-07 12:43 AM
#10. "RE: No memory card warning, but it's there! (help)"
In response to Reply # 5

Update: I have shot quite a few clients with the warning still in viewfinder. It's constantly on, but the shots are fine, the uploading is fine.

I'm perplexed and wish I knew how to get rid of this warning. It's not red, just solid gray, when I press half way down it does blink once until I make the exposure, then it goes gray again. It sit's there taunting me, laughing at me.

Thoughts? I'd hate to take this in to be fixed if it's just a simple fix I can do.

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Fri 27-Jul-07 03:27 AM
11899 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: No memory card warning, but it's there! (help)"
In response to Reply # 10

Lowden, US

In addition to Jim’s suggestion in post #4 to reset with the 2 button reset try doing a hard reset.

Look on page 129 of the manual in the paragraph at the bottom of the page. The reset switch is a recessed button near the USB plug.

If this doesn’t work you will probably have to have Nikon check it out.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

zampano Registered since 11th Jun 2007Fri 27-Jul-07 06:21 AM
#12. "RE: No memory card warning, but it's there! (help)"
In response to Reply # 11

That one sounds good, tried everything else. I'll do it first thing and let you know if it worked. Thanks!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #18214 Previous topic | Next topic