Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #1819
View in linear mode

Subject: "RitzCamera.com has D80's in Stock!" Previous topic | Next topic
mgrosser00 Registered since 21st Jun 2006Sat 02-Sep-06 01:20 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"RitzCamera.com has D80's in Stock!"

Estero, US

I just thought you'd all like to know. It was still listed as pre-order on their site, but on the details page of the product it said "In Stock". So I decided to call them and get the exact story. As it turns out, they have a lot of them in stock. I put an order in on mine and they confirmed it will ship out Tuesday (since Monday is a holiday). Anyway, it seems like they might be your best bet if you're looking to pick one up real soon.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: RitzCamera.com has D80's in Stock!
jemaerca
04th Sep 2006
Reply message Already got mine at Circuit City
dwshootist
04th Sep 2006
Reply message RE: Already got mine at Circuit City
stevefrog123
04th Sep 2006
stevefrog123
04th Sep 2006
mr mick
04th Sep 2006
jeffmeyers Silver Member
04th Sep 2006
ZDude
05th Sep 2006

jemaerca Registered since 28th May 2006Mon 04-Sep-06 02:53 AM
1117 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: RitzCamera.com has D80's in Stock!"
In response to Reply # 0

River Forest, US

I pre-ordered a D80 from Ritz as well. How come they have availability for this product when no one else seems to have them?

Comments always welcome: My Smugmug Gallery

dwshootist Registered since 14th Sep 2004Mon 04-Sep-06 05:38 AM
27 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "Already got mine at Circuit City"
In response to Reply # 0

Tucson, US

Saturday night I called one of my local Circuit City stores - I figured what the heck, give it a shot - and asked about the status of the D80. After a few minutes the girl came back and said they had four in stock. After a moment of recovery time followed by serveral are you sure it's a D80 type comments I was off to the store 1.5 hours before closing.

Got to the store, tracked down an employee who couldn't seem to track down the cameras - they're went on the shelves as yet. He then tracked down two managers who were still unable to locate the cameras. They did however, confirm that another local Circuit City had three and if I wanted I could pay for now and pick it up the next day at the other store. For my trouble, they gave me a $50 discount.

As they were writing up the order the stock guy comes running from the back - a job saving maneauver I'm sure - crying out I found them! Sure enough in his hot little hand was one bright yellow box bearing the D80 kit graphic. Sign me up says I along with the $50 discount! I had a body only on pre-order from another source but simply couldn't resist. Mine appears to be a pretty low serial number 3010XXX.

Test shots are still in the works weather permitting. For now, I couldn't be happier. It truly appears to be a D200 Light - same great taste 35% less cash!

Douglas

stevefrog123 Registered since 19th Mar 2006Mon 04-Sep-06 06:38 PM
260 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Already got mine at Circuit City"
In response to Reply # 2

Seattle, US

Local Seattle Circuit City has none as of Monday. Looks like they will be carring it with the 18-135.

stevefrog123 Registered since 19th Mar 2006Mon 04-Sep-06 03:07 PM
260 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: RitzCamera.com has D80's in Stock!"
In response to Reply # 0

Seattle, US

As of this morning it's showing "Ships when received from manufacturer". Previously it was ships next business day. I guess they sold out.

mr mick Registered since 09th Jan 2006Mon 04-Sep-06 08:01 PM
56 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: RitzCamera.com has D80's in Stock!"
In response to Reply # 0

Grass Valley, US

I got notification from Ritz that my D80 w/18-135 has shipped. Was shipped on Friday so I should get it this week.

Visit my gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

jeffmeyers Silver Member Winner in the Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Nikonian since 25th Aug 2006Mon 04-Sep-06 10:21 PM
623 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: RitzCamera.com has D80's in Stock!"
In response to Reply # 5

Crestwood, US

My D80 (body only) will ship from Ritz on Tuesday and is guaranteed to be here on Thursday.

Jeff Meyers
Lumos Galleries

ZDude Registered since 28th Feb 2007Tue 05-Sep-06 04:59 PM
537 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: RitzCamera.com has D80's in Stock!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

It's good to hear that you all are getting D80's and that they are "physically" in stock. It'll be nice to start seeing pics and learning how it hanldes, etc. And the best thing is they all come with a battery because those bad boys are certainly hard to find right now... but that is another thread if you know what I mean!

----------------------------
A picture is worth a thousand words! I took a photograph and couldn't think of that many. I guess I'll keep trying!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #1819 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.