Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #1769
View in linear mode

Subject: "D80, Raw files, and Photoshop CS2" Previous topic | Next topic
klrbee25 Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Jun 2006Sat 02-Sep-06 12:53 AM
1384 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D80, Raw files, and Photoshop CS2"

Naples, US

Can someone fill me in on the latest with the D80 raw files and CS2 compatibility? Since my D80 is enroute, I'm on to solving this conundrum.

-Alex Rosen
www.flickr.com/photos/klrbee25/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D80, Raw files, and Photoshop CS2
bobj Silver Member
02nd Sep 2006
Geoffrey4 Silver Member
05th Sep 2006
Von
05th Sep 2006
bclaff Silver Member
05th Sep 2006
toddgibbs
13th Sep 2006
mh2bttb
19th Sep 2006
Negaprion
19th Sep 2006
Tokyo Mike
20th Sep 2006

bobj Silver Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions the the community Resources Charter MemberSat 02-Sep-06 02:06 AM
12585 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D80, Raw files, and Photoshop CS2"
In response to Reply # 0

Sammamish, US

No word yet from Adobe on support for the D80 although they obviously are working on it. Nikon has the inside track though.

Bob Johnson - Earthbound Light - Nikonians Gallery
Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond
Lots more new images!! - Weekly Phototips and Articles - RSS Feed

Geoffrey4 Silver Member Nikonian since 01st Nov 2005Tue 05-Sep-06 02:22 AM
291 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D80, Raw files, and Photoshop CS2"
In response to Reply # 1

Perth, AU

>The new 1.01 update for Nikon Capture NX released just today
>is the first thing available that supports the D80.

In Australia, Nikon says that each D80 will come with a CD for Picture Project software so I presume that will give us a temporary way to, at least, look at the NEFs.

Personally I use Nikon View and Photoshop Elements 4 and I'm assuming (hoping!) that both will be upgraded to read D80 NEFs before too long.

Geoffrey
In the golden west - Western Australia

Geoffrey

Western Australia
(a state nearly 4 times the area of Texas)

Von Registered since 26th Aug 2006Tue 05-Sep-06 12:34 AM
66 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D80, Raw files, and Photoshop CS2"
In response to Reply # 0

Aiea, US

Hi klrbee25

I understand that it does. My D200 works great in the Adobe Raw settings.

One thing that I have learned and maybe you know it already. Try to open the Adobe Bridge first. Then under Edit click on apply camera raw settings.

At first I tried to open the Raw file under Adobe Photoshop CS2 and it was a nightmare. You may be ok, but if you should have problems then that might work for you.

I like the Adobe with the raw settings so well that now I only use that software. Nikon's software is great, but sorry it's just to slow for me.

Good Luck.

Von

bclaff Silver Member Awarded for multiple contributions for the Resources Nikonian since 26th Oct 2004Tue 05-Sep-06 02:46 AM
9681 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D80, Raw files, and Photoshop CS2"
In response to Reply # 0

Vancouver (WA USA not Canada), US

I have one D80 NEF file provided by a Nikonian.
I can get (hack) the file to load in ACR3.4(x89) but there is one (insurmountable) problem.
For some reason, the Color Filter Array (CFA) is in a different order than ACR expects; so Red and Blue are interchanged.
Entertaining but not useful.

I'm sure Adobe will have a update shortly.
It is not "rocket science".

Bill

Visit me at My site

toddgibbs Registered since 14th Apr 2006Wed 13-Sep-06 01:30 PM
91 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D80, Raw files, and Photoshop CS2"
In response to Reply # 4

Oxford, GB

Hi Bill,

Im playing around with D80 NEFs at the moment - any chance you could shed some light on how you got it to load ?

TIA

Todd.

Todd Gibbs
--
ToneUp S3, TetherPro, Timelord and Master author.
www.OxfordEye.co.uk
www.ToneUpStudio.com
www.TetherPro.com

mh2bttb Registered since 19th Sep 2006Tue 19-Sep-06 07:04 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D80, Raw files, and Photoshop CS2"
In response to Reply # 0

Adobe announced on Sept 19 that they are expediting the D80 raw conversion, but would be available sometime this fall. It's new raw 3.5 DID NOT include the D80

Negaprion Registered since 21st Sep 2004Tue 19-Sep-06 11:05 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: D80, Raw files, and Photoshop CS2"
In response to Reply # 6

Naples, US

Just a note. I noticed today that PhaseOne updated their Capture One software to 3.7.5 and it includes support for the D80

Jeremy, D80 User in the Swamp
(Carefully!)

Tokyo Mike Registered since 31st Aug 2006Wed 20-Sep-06 11:49 AM
389 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: D80, Raw files, and Photoshop CS2"
In response to Reply # 6

JP

It's quite disappointing that D80 isn't included with the raw 3.5 update. If Nikon and Adobe were truly cooperating as they claim in their press release, you would expect that it could easily have been released with 3.5.

Just ranting... pay me no attention.

Mike

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #1769 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.