Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #1709
View in linear mode

Subject: "D80 in Singapore?" Previous topic | Next topic
Henriettae Registered since 11th Jun 2006Fri 01-Sep-06 01:12 PM
62 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D80 in Singapore?"

Mercer Island, US

Hi!
I'll be spending a day in Singapore this Sunday, on my way to Australia. Do you guys think there might be any D80s already in store there? Since Japan has gotten a few, I got my hopes up...

/Henriettae

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D80 in Singapore?
akira
02nd Sep 2006
Henriettae
02nd Sep 2006
Henriettae
09th Sep 2006
akira
10th Sep 2006
singapore
09th Mar 2009
gkaiseril Gold Member
09th Mar 2009

akira Registered since 01st Sep 2006Sat 02-Sep-06 03:38 AM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D80 in Singapore?"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes! I got mine just 2 days ago (chose the body alone plus the 18-200VR lens and Nikon NC filter).

1. You can purchase it at the Comex Show, which is being held at the Singapore Expo. Note that they only sell the full kit (i.e. with the 18-135mm lens) at the show for SGD 2280 and they are throwing in some freebies such as filter, memory card, camera bag, lens pen, umbrella, etc.

2. You can try the following popular shops to see if they still have stock (the 1st batch is going fast). The shops have both the body alone or the full kit. Market price is about SGD 1550 to 1580 for body alone or just under SGD 2000 for the full kit. They will try to match the price of each other to get your business :
* TK Photo (2nd floor, Shaw Towers on Beach Road)
* Lords (1st floor, lucky plaza)
* MS Color (Block 711 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8, #01-3501C)
* Alan Photo (Sim Lim Square)

Enjoy

Henriettae Registered since 11th Jun 2006Sat 02-Sep-06 04:13 AM
62 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D80 in Singapore?"
In response to Reply # 1

Mercer Island, US

Thanks!!

Henriettae Registered since 11th Jun 2006Sat 09-Sep-06 07:41 AM
#3. "RE: D80 in Singapore?"
In response to Reply # 2

Mercer Island, US

An update: Bought the D80 with the 18-135 kit from Alan's Photo as recommended above, and I love it! Got it for 2200 SGD, including a camera bag, 1 GB SD card, and a UV filter. Plus money back from tax free refund.

akira Registered since 01st Sep 2006Sun 10-Sep-06 06:13 AM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D80 in Singapore?"
In response to Reply # 3

Congrats I bought the D80 body with an 18-200VR lens and Nikon NC filter. I wanted to buy a spare battery but these ENEL3e batteries are hard to come by.... Finally managed to find one this week....

singapore Registered since 08th Mar 2009Mon 09-Mar-09 08:47 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: D80 in Singapore?"
In response to Reply # 4

SG

bought a D80...upgraded to a D90 and the old D80 batt still can be used...cool!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
corporate singapore is so industrial and so full of events...zzz

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Mon 09-Mar-09 12:43 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: D80 in Singapore?"
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

Just beware that Nikon EU will not service your Singapore purchased Nikon unless it is designated as a unit to be distributed by the EU importer. Your Nikon will be considered to be a gray market unit.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #1709 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.