nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
zampano

198 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
zampano Registered since 10th Jun 2007
Wed 27-Jun-07 07:26 AM

Hey guys,

I'm one week in and can't stop shooting. I've uploaded a few more images from my new D80 at www.ricardezphoto.com. Granted, I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm pretty happy with the results so far with the auto and P functions.

I landed a helper position with a photographer here in town to learn the basics. He's willing to teach me the basics on a few shoots coming up next month.

I'd love to hear if I'm on the right track with what I have so far. I spent two days, shooting my kids at a park, then hitting the streets of Los Angeles, mostly Santa Monica and whatever I could grab including the pier and the folks around that area.

Take a look. Tips and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Man, I'm kinda being a noob about everything, pretty anxious and kinda nervous. I swear I freaked out twice today when I was on the beach. A couple grands of sand got in my lens and it took me an hour to get it out. Anyway, whatever thoughts you have are appreciated.

Thanks!

Alveraz

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Woo-hoo!

G