nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #1703
View in linear mode

Subject: "Can anyone send me the D80 manual?" Previous topic | Next topic
Tokyo Mike Registered since 31st Aug 2006Fri 01-Sep-06 10:55 AM
389 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Can anyone send me the D80 manual?"

JP

I bought my D80 in Japan and, of course, the manual is in Japanese language only. I understand that the English manual was temporarily on the NikonUSA site, but I didn't manage to get a copy at the time.

I've been trying to figure it out just by using looking at the menu, buttons, knobs, dials, etc, but I think I've only figured out about 80% of the features.

Anyone kind soul out there willing to email me a copy of the manual?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Fri 01-Sep-06 11:56 AM
29360 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Can anyone send me the D80 manual?"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, UK

>Anyone kind soul out there willing to email me a copy of the manual?

Unfortunately, copying the manual, even to try and help out another member, violates Nikon's copyright

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Tokyo Mike Registered since 31st Aug 2006Fri 01-Sep-06 12:26 PM
389 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Can anyone send me the D80 manual?"
In response to Reply # 1

JP

Maybe, but not necessarily. Copyright law is very complex.

Nikon states in their manuals that copying and transmission is prohibited without Nikon's prior consent. However I sure that Nikon is aware that the Fair Use Doctrine in the U.S. Copyright Act would allow sharing among interested buyers, much less someone like me who owns the camera.

Other countries copyright laws will vary, but I think the effect is the same.

Has Nikon expressed disapproval to Nikonians.org for this practice in the past? If so, then maybe this is not a legal issue but more of a relationship issue. I can understand that a good relationship with Nikon is an important asset for Nikonians.org.

Furgus Registered since 16th Jun 2006Fri 01-Sep-06 12:37 PM
121 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Can anyone send me the D80 manual?"
In response to Reply # 2

Apex, US

There was a copy of it online, but I do not see it anymore.

-Casey
D50, 50mm f/1.8, 18-55mm Kit Lens, Tamron 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6
http://gavette.blogspot.com/

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Fri 01-Sep-06 01:29 PM
29360 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Can anyone send me the D80 manual?"
In response to Reply # 2

Paignton, UK

We have taken advice from legal counsel on this point in the past. The view is that we cannot allow Nikonians to be held liable for any copyright infringement, and so we dissuade our members from using the facilities of the site to offer to make, or solicit others to make, copies of Nikon (or other) official documentation.

It may seem that we are being heavy-handed, but that's the way it has to be.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #1703 Previous topic | Next topic