nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
_magicboy_

Sheffield, UK
10 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
_magicboy_ Registered since 29th Sep 2004
Thu 07-Oct-04 10:22 AM

Doubtless you've all seen the battery grips that are in production from Harbortronics and Janis - nobody wants one as much as me!

I e-mailed Nikon UK the other day, to ask if they had any plans to produce one now that it was obvious that demand was so high. They mailed me to tell me that they passed on my comments to Nikon development in Japan. Reading between the lines however, it sounds like something they're really starting to consider.

My point is this... Why not mail Nikon in your country. Ask if they have any plans to release one and tell them how much you'd like to see one. The more people that mail, the more they're going to realise how much people want one and be pushed towards developing one. If they realise that there's plenty of money to be made from it then surely they'll put the effort in. If Nikon develop one, we have more chance of seeing one that has all the features that we want, like vertical shutter release and command dials, along with support for multiple ML-L3's.

It's just a thought, but I reckon it's worth the five minutes it takes to mail them.

James Burns
Nikon D70 Affectionado

G