Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #107739
View in linear mode

Subject: "Bibble, ACR or NC" Previous topic | Next topic
Zoomer911 Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Dec 2004Sat 01-Jan-05 02:01 AM
364 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Bibble, ACR or NC"

Champions Gate, US

Ok question which gives the best control of the nef files?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

bobj Silver Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions the the community Resources Charter MemberSat 01-Jan-05 02:14 AM
12585 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Bibble, ACR or NC"
In response to Reply # 0

Sammamish, US

Each has their advantages. Really, it comes down to a personal preference. Adobe Camera Raw is definitely the most straightforward to use as it is integrated with Photoshop, some people prefer the others. You can download a trial of most conversion programs so give 'em a try and see what you think.

I use ACR for most images, but do have a current license for Nikon Capture and utilize it on ocassion for "problem" images. I haven't upgraded my Bibble license to their new version and may not since I probably don't really need all three. I got Bibble back when there was no ACR and Nikon Capture was nowhere near as good as it is now (and cost more than it does now too).

By the way, don't leave out Capture One DSLR LE from Phase One.

And now there's DxO Raw as well.

Bob Johnson - Earthbound Light - Nikonians Gallery
Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond
Lots more new images!! - Weekly Phototips and Articles - RSS Feed

4walls Registered since 29th Dec 2004Sat 01-Jan-05 03:54 AM
14 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Bibble, ACR or NC"
In response to Reply # 1

Vancouver, CA

Capture One is a great program especially if you are dealing with a
large amount of NEF files. There is a demo version, you should try
it.

______
4walls
49°03'N 122°49'W

buzzjoy Registered since 31st Jul 2004Sat 01-Jan-05 05:10 PM
212 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Bibble, ACR or NC"
In response to Reply # 2

Austin, US

I did the trials on all available RAW converters and bought NC. It gives at least as good of control IMHO as the others, and better for some aspects. Plus you get camera control and custom curves capability. It integrates nicely with NV, and I find I only use a more sophisticated editing program for 1 out of 100 images when I need to clone out something, free rotate to straighten a shot, or use layers.

FWIW, Buzz

Trying to learn to (click less and) see more.

Trying to learn to (click less and) see more

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #107739 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.