Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #106934
View in linear mode

Subject: "SensorBrush - works like a charm!" Previous topic | Next topic
PS_RagE Registered since 21st Jul 2004Mon 29-Nov-04 11:31 PM
334 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SensorBrush - works like a charm!"

Timmins, CA

Since I found myself having to clone out more and more dust bunnies from my images lately, I figured I may as well "bite the bullet" and clean the CCD. Ordered a SensorBrush from www.visibledust.com last Wednesday (the 24th) and picked it up at the post office today.

I took a pic of the back wall of my office, flipped up the mirror, gave the CCD three passes with the brush (blowing it clean with canned air each time) and then took another pic of the wall - not a dust spot to be seen - too easy

A. Dale McLean
aka PS-RagE
www.Bugography.com
Nikonians Gallery

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!
PS_RagE
29th Nov 2004
shutterkid
16th Jan 2008
PS_RagE
18th Dec 2004
shutterkid
18th Dec 2004
shutterkid
18th Dec 2004
PS_RagE
18th Dec 2004
shutterkid
18th Dec 2004
                    Reply message RE: SensorBrush - Not impressed... not by a long shot!
shutterkid
16th Jan 2008
                         Reply message RE: SensorBrush - Not impressed... not by a long shot!
shutterkid
24th Dec 2004
shutterkid
16th Jan 2008
Fountainhead
30th Nov 2004
bew Silver Member
30th Nov 2004
Ferguson Silver Member
30th Nov 2004
Fountainhead
30th Nov 2004
sean000
30th Nov 2004
PS_RagE
30th Nov 2004
rkgibbons
30th Nov 2004
christhebrit
30th Nov 2004
OpenRoad
01st Dec 2004
christhebrit
01st Dec 2004
Ferguson Silver Member
18th Dec 2004
Vric
02nd Jan 2005
overney
18th Dec 2004
pepster
19th Dec 2004
mountainman
31st Dec 2004
JonB
31st Dec 2004
bobj Silver Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions the the community Resources
31st Dec 2004
JonB
31st Dec 2004
bobj Silver Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions the the community Resources
31st Dec 2004
JonB
01st Jan 2005
LEI858
01st Jan 2005
01st Jan 2005
LEI858
02nd Jan 2005
Reply message Pec Pads and Eclipse fluid is the right answer...
Old Yeller
02nd Jan 2005
Reply message RE: Pec Pads and Eclipse fluid is the right answer...
Artie
03rd Jan 2005

PS_RagE Registered since 21st Jul 2004Mon 29-Nov-04 11:55 PM
334 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 0

Timmins, CA

Oops - pics:

These have had the contrast cranked (+69) so you can see the bunnies (and lack of)

A. Dale McLean
aka PS-RagE
www.Bugography.com
Nikonians Gallery

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

shutterkid Registered since 18th Aug 2004Wed 16-Jan-08 02:14 PM
220 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"

Jacksonville, US

Ok, I bought the Econo-Kit. Used it for the first time today and the results were "almost" good...

With the main brush, I was able to "push" the dust to the end of the CCD, but it didn't pick it up (not all of it at least) from there. Then I used the smaller brush and had more success, but there is still some leftover in the lower right hand corner (as you face the camera).

I bought the "good" can of air (the one with Tetraflouroethane - Fellowes canned air). Not sure how close to the plastic air tip the brush has to be in order to "charge" it, but the air was definitely hitting the brush as I was turning it around for about 7 seconds. Did about four passes, all in the same direction. The can got very cold to the touch to the point of condensation around the bottom half.

Repeated the process four times, each time leaving the CCD cleaner but not 100%. The dust is not "welded" as the position of the dust specks varied from picture to picture.

Also, found that the smaller brush had a loose bristle... plucked it out of there before it ended up inside the camera chamber somewhere or on top of the CCD. Attached is the final dust picture. Any tips please help me out!

Marce

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

PS_RagE Registered since 21st Jul 2004Sat 18-Dec-04 02:00 AM
#13. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 0

Timmins, CA

Hmmm, dunno what to tell you. Just have another "go" at it I would say. I notice your specs are alot smaller than mine (as I said previously, I suspect mine are smoke particles) so maybe they are more "sticky". Perhaps try brushing in the opposite direction next time? (ie. right to left instead of left to right)

A. Dale McLean
aka PS-RagE
www.Bugography.com
Nikonians Gallery

shutterkid Registered since 18th Aug 2004Sat 18-Dec-04 02:15 AM
220 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 13

Jacksonville, US

How close/far do you hold the brush from the can?

Marce

shutterkid Registered since 18th Aug 2004Sat 18-Dec-04 02:16 AM
#16. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 15

Jacksonville, US

...and for how long?

Marce

PS_RagE Registered since 21st Jul 2004Sat 18-Dec-04 02:23 AM
#17. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 15

Timmins, CA

An inch or so?

A. Dale McLean
aka PS-RagE
www.Bugography.com
Nikonians Gallery

shutterkid Registered since 18th Aug 2004Sat 18-Dec-04 02:42 AM
#18. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 17

Jacksonville, US

Must be that I'm not charging the brush enough. Even though I got the "clean" air I'm still a little concerned about particles flying out and getting stuck on the brush.

I'll try it again tomorrow and let you know how it went.

Thank you for your response.

Marce

"RE: SensorBrush - Not impressed... not by a long shot!"

Jacksonville, US

Here's the my latest try... The first one is just after letting the camera sit for a few days. There's obviously plenty of dust in the chamber area (and I don't change lenses very often nor would I consider my home a very dusty environment). The second shot is after a Sensor Brush pass. The only thing it did is move the dust around.

I'm using Fellowes Air Duster with Tetrafluoroethane (supposedly the "good" canned air). Followed the online videos. I know that most people are raving about this product, but after six tries and getting the results I got I can't but wonder what the heck is so wonderful about this product. I have never touched the brushes; they came loose inside a plastic container.

I'm very dissappointed and if I can get a refund, I will ship them back and get the wet pads with eclipse solution instead.

Regards,
Marce

Attachment #2, (jpg file)

shutterkid Registered since 18th Aug 2004Fri 24-Dec-04 02:00 AM
#20. "RE: SensorBrush - Not impressed... not by a long shot!"
In response to Reply # 0

Jacksonville, US

BTW, I have gone left to right, right to left, North to South, East to West, and just about any direction you can but the brush won't pick up the dust particles. IOW, it is not becoming charged enough.

Why? That is the question.

Marce

#33. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 0

Jacksonville, US

...and this was the starting point (1st dust picture). I did the whole thing four times and the end result was the picture on my previous post.

Regards,
Marce

Fountainhead Basic MemberTue 30-Nov-04 12:31 AM
127 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I have the SensorBrush as well. I've only used it twice, but I'm very impressed. Pretty expensive...but it certainly works as advertised.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

bew Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Jul 2004Tue 30-Nov-04 01:15 AM
1019 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 2

San Antonio, US

Ditto

Bert

Ferguson Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2004Tue 30-Nov-04 02:54 AM
3706 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 2

Cape Coral, US

Did any of you with the brush try the pec pads and eclipse approach first? Do you prefer the brush? Or are these for different things, the fluid approach for harder-to-remove dust?

Linwood

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://www.captivephotons.com

Fountainhead Basic MemberTue 30-Nov-04 03:06 AM
127 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 4

US

I didn't, so I can't make a comparison. But VisibleDust also has a cleaning colution for more stubborn dirt...I think it's called Sensor Clean. I bought that as well (it comes with a large packet of swabs) but I've not had to use it.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

sean000 Registered since 09th Jul 2004Tue 30-Nov-04 03:04 AM
420 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 0

Bellingham, US

Thanks for the tip! I've been lucky with dust so far, but I know sooner or later it will come down to cleaning it one recommended way or another.

So did you get just the Econo 1.6X Kit? Just one of the brushes? How about the Sensor or Chamber Clean products? It seems like brushing alone will remove dust...but not any film-like coating or streaking that might accumulate.

PS_RagE Registered since 21st Jul 2004Tue 30-Nov-04 03:23 AM
#7. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 5

Timmins, CA

I got the "Econo" kit but just the brush would have been fine, I'm sure.

Dust bunnies are no big deal but since I seem to have collected so many it was time to get rid of a few - didn't expect them all to go so easily.

I'm a smoker so I suspect much of the accumulated dust is due to that. I try not to sneeze into the chamber when changing lenses so...

A. Dale McLean
aka PS-RagE
www.Bugography.com
Nikonians Gallery

rkgibbons Registered since 16th Aug 2004Tue 30-Nov-04 04:52 PM
63 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 7

Wow, a company based in my home town (Edmonton). That's a first.

Their prices seem way too high though -- for what you're getting.

I've been shopping around and I think I'll stick with Eclipse Solution.

christhebrit Registered since 29th Sep 2004Tue 30-Nov-04 08:00 PM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 7

St John's, CA

Just a note concerning the use of canned air. Be careful, the dust-off style air can leave condensation behind - some compressed gas also contain a propellant such as those small air cylinders used for air guns.
There are specific types that are OK to use but not many so be wary.

Also i'm not convinced blowing air around the mirror box is a good idea, you may end up dislodging a load of other dirt/dust thats in and around the mount.

The brush and/or swab methods are generally excepted to be the best.

This is of course only my opinion so take it or leave it.

Chris/

(Insert interesting or witty comment here)

OpenRoad Registered since 16th May 2004Wed 01-Dec-04 12:26 AM
375 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 9

US

>Also i'm not convinced blowing air around the mirror box is
>a good idea, you may end up dislodging a load of other
>dirt/dust thats in and around the mount.

From what I've read you don't blow air anywhere near the mirror box. The compressed air is supposed to be blown on the brush itself before and possible after you use the brush. The only thing touching the sensor is that brush itself.

Anyone can read the review at Luminous Landscape. If anyone has ever been to the Luminious Landscape website they will know that it's a great photography site with a lot of helpful tuturials and photography related materials. If it were not for their review I probably wouldn't have even consider this product but I've been thinking about trying it out. Eclipse is good at not leaving noticable residue, but a non-liquid chemical alternative might be a worthwhile option to consider.

christhebrit Registered since 29th Sep 2004Wed 01-Dec-04 12:17 PM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 10

St John's, CA

I think it is useful that we got that cleared up so no one tries it.

thanks

Chris

(Insert interesting or witty comment here)

Ferguson Silver Member Nikonian since 20th Aug 2004Sat 18-Dec-04 01:58 AM
3706 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 11

Cape Coral, US

Mine came. One ironic thing is that the customs sticker they put on valued it at $20 (presumably canadian). Kind of odd given the price.

But it does work well. I didn't think I had much dust, but took a flat frame to check and poured on the contrast and did have a bit. Blow off the brush, swipe, repeated once, and no visible dust, and another flag field and all better.

I also looked closely at the sensor, and was horrified to see what looked like a scratch on it, wide and large. Took another shot -- no evidence in the frame, but still visible, so hoped it was some kind of gunk. Had not gotten eclipse or other real cleaner, but did have a bunch of Pec Pad's, so I improvised. I took the larger sensor brush and folded a pec pad across it, then wrapped so that it was the same shape but covered by the pad. I figured the pads are very clean themselves and no harm.

This gave me a nice edge that was very yielding (just bristles behind it), and scrubbed lightly where the looked-like-a-scratch was. It kind of smeared a bit, and flipping to the other side and scrubbed a bit more and disappeared.

Spotless, dustless sensor left behind. Brush did double duty, just the shape and size needed.

Linwood

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://www.captivephotons.com

Vric Registered since 30th Dec 2004Sun 02-Jan-05 02:06 AM
25 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#30. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 12

>Mine came. One ironic thing is that the customs sticker
>they put on valued it at $20 (presumably canadian). Kind of
>odd given the price.

It's simple. 20$ or less don't have customs or dutty fees. So they aranged the price so you didn't have to pay more for customs fees.

Btw, 90$ for a simple brush, it's way overpriced.

I can have very fine brush at art store for less than 15$

overney Registered since 18th Jul 2004Sat 18-Dec-04 02:13 AM
296 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I find cleaning the image sensor of my digital cameras a rather straightforward task. I stay away from compressed air and use two drops of Eclipse on sensor swabs from http://www.photosol.com/swabproduct.htm. It works great for me. To test the results, I take an image at 70mm f22 of a bright background (such as sky). An equalize function, or something similar, can then easily show any tiny dust/dirt grain on the image sensor.

I usually clean the image sensor of my D70 every month or so.

Gregor

My photo galleries at http://picasaweb.google.com/Gregor.Overney/

pepster Registered since 07th Dec 2004Sun 19-Dec-04 12:00 AM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#19. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi,

What brush size should I get for the D70?

And can someone explain to me this paradox? On the one hand I read that when charged the CCD is a "dust magnet", and should even remove the battery when changing lens. On the other hand, to clean the CCD you need to remove the len and be in "Mirror lockup mode", which means the camera is powered up and collecting dust from the environment??

P.S. I got the camera dirty from the shop, and got it cleaned by the service. From that point on I never took the kit len off, and would probably do that only when I am sure to be able to clean dust myself ...

Joseph

mountainman Registered since 01st Nov 2003Fri 31-Dec-04 12:51 PM
638 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#21. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 19

Wilmington, US

The Visible Dust company seems to be catching up on delivering orders.
I placed my order on Dec 28/04 and I received an e-mail from them on Dec 30/04, informing me the economy kit I ordered for my Nikon D70 was shipped that day! Two days from e-mailing them an order to shipment (to North Carolina). I hope I get the results most of you have experienced when cleaning your sensor with these brushes.

MountainMan

JonB Registered since 18th Jan 2003Fri 31-Dec-04 01:17 PM
52 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#22. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 19

There's been a debate for a long time as to whether a charged CCD does attract dust or not. Some maintain that it does, while others point out that the charge isn't strong enough.

Anyway... Mirror lock-up (using the AC adapter) doesn't actually charge the CCD - it just locks up the mirror, so it's a moot point.

I actually use a cut-down laminated business card, super-glued to a lollypop stick, wrapped in LensCrafter's eyeglass-cleaning tissue, with lenscrafters cleaning fluid. I found this to work better than pec-pads. I've cleaned it numerous times and it works great.

bobj Silver Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions the the community Resources Charter MemberFri 31-Dec-04 06:30 PM
12585 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#23. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 22

Sammamish, US

It may work great for you, but this is definitely *not* recommended. Your eyeglass cleaning fluid in particular is nowhere near as pure as Eclipse and will (or can) leave a haze. Eyeglass tissue can also leave dust and is nowhere near as appropriate for the task at hand as Pec Pads are.

Here\'s really the most tried-and-true information on CCD cleaning. Nicholas has been at this longer than pretty much anyone else.

Bob Johnson - Earthbound Light - Nikonians Gallery
Nature Photography from the Pacific Northwest and beyond
Lots more new images!! - Weekly Phototips and Articles - RSS Feed

JonB Registered since 18th Jan 2003Fri 31-Dec-04 07:55 PM
52 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#24. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 23

I'd agree, Bob, for the regular cheap eyeglass tissue (the see-through kind), but this stuff is quilted, lint free, and just as soft as pec-pads. The box also seals better than the plastic wrap the pec-pads come in (at least two years ago).

I've been using it for two years now, and it works great for me. I've never had a problem, but you should use what you're comfortable with. It's locally available for me, and does the job very well. Just because one guy used pec-pads and eclipse, and others picked up on it, doesn't mean it's the *only* option. That's not to cheapen the contributions of the first swabbing pioneers - I read all those references before I did it the first time, too, and they helped immensely. I just found locally available materials that work as well. As with any trial-and-error, though, you take your chances. In my case, it worked out.

bobj Silver Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions the the community Resources Charter MemberFri 31-Dec-04 09:32 PM
12585 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#25. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 24

Sammamish, US

I just put the pec-pads in a ziploc bag after opening the package. Seals just fine.

As you say, everyody should use what works well for them, but I'm not one to experiment with various fluids when an extremely good one (Eclipse) has already been identified.

JonB Registered since 18th Jan 2003Sat 01-Jan-05 01:57 PM
#26. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 25

>I'm not one to experiment with various fluids when an
>extremely good one (Eclipse) has already been identified.
>

Truth be told, Bob, I'm not much for experimenting, either. What prompted me finding local materials was (try and guess)... Despite dire warnings, I accidentally tilted a can of compressed air when blowing on the CCD. I'm sure you can imagine the result of that! It had two effects: I needed cleaning materials fast, and I lost my fear of CCD cleaning.

LEI858 Registered since 10th Dec 2004Sat 01-Jan-05 08:31 PM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#27. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 26

San Diego, US

It's okay to use Pec-pads to clean the CCD? What looks like the manufacturers website of the Pec-pads states that it's not recommended for CCDs and looks like they want you to use their more expensive Sensor Swab...?
http://www.photosol.com/pecpadproduct.htm

** Leo **

bobj Silver Member Awarded for his multiple written contributions the the community Resources Charter MemberSat 01-Jan-05 08:59 PM
#28. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 27

Sammamish, US

If youi ask Photosol, the stuff is not the same and that they only recommend the use of Sensor Swabs. Of course they make more profit on the expensive swabs than they do on the pads.

Pecpads have been shown to work quite well though. See this for details.

LEI858 Registered since 10th Dec 2004Sun 02-Jan-05 01:32 AM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#29. "RE: SensorBrush - works like a charm!"
In response to Reply # 28

San Diego, US

>Pecpads have been shown to work quite well though. See
>this for
>details.

Bob; I did see that link in your earlier post, that's how my question came about the Pec-pads. I'll eventually need a cleaning kit for my D70, just wanted to make sure I get the right materials for the job. Thanks.

Edit: I got around to reading the entire copperhill guide and ran into the "Important note" on this page: http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/image/11442097 concerning the sensor swab / pec pad issue.

** Leo **

Old Yeller Registered since 21st Dec 2002Sun 02-Jan-05 06:03 PM
161 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#31. "Pec Pads and Eclipse fluid is the right answer..."
In response to Reply # 0

Prineville, US

Cut down a small rubber spatula. Wrap a Pec Pad around it and tape it on. Two drops of Eclipse fluid. Wipe once on each side of the Pec Pad. Repeat three times. Perfectly clean sensor everytime. I've been using this approach for two years on my old D100. I tried a bunch of stuff first and this approach is the fastest, cheapest and best. I'm sure others that have been doing this for years would agree.

I read in the forum here a year ago or so that a guy was using compressed air and the plastic tube blew off and hit and cracked his CCD cover. It cost like $900 to fix!

Fred
http://www.butterflydesigns.net/
Photoshop is one big party waiting to happen..

Artie Registered since 13th Jun 2004Mon 03-Jan-05 02:15 AM
124 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#32. "RE: Pec Pads and Eclipse fluid is the right answer..."
In response to Reply # 31

Irvine, US

I also cut down a rubber spatula and use pec pads with eclipse. It works very well for me. Much better than the swabs did.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #106934 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.