New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Nikkor AF 35-135 3.5 aperture problem - any ideas?

CarlWeidner CarlWeidner

Is from: NL
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
CarlWeidner Registered since 24th Nov 2014
Mon 24-Nov-14 03:48 PM
Hello everybody, this is my first post here.

I recently bought my first DSLR (D750) after not having done very much photography for a while as processing my slides and negatives became a bit too much of a hassle and too cost intensive to maintain (I moved into video production and post production in stead).

I used to have several F3's, an FM and an F4 with a nice collection of non-AF primes. I am happy using the primes on the D750 even though focusing isn't particularly easy or precise.

I do own one AF lens that I never used much as on the F4 it was fairly slow and 3.5 was a bit too dark for my uses. I thought I'd dig it up and give it a go on the D750 and even though the focus still isn't very fast it is ok enough for what I plan to use it for, for now.

The catch is that after every exposure the aperture seems to close all the way and only opens back up again after twisting the lens off and back on again.

Does this ring a bell? I'd like to use the lens until I find one that is more modern that I can afford but I expect it may not be worth having it repaired.

Any thoughts?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

With thanks,

Carl
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikkor AF 35-135 3.5 aperture problem - any ideas?

G