New webinar coming up: Best of Nikonians annual review, 28-MAR-2024 4PM EST (for all members on Silver level and higher) >>> More info

X

Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

FE10 Failure

Fri 03-Jan-03 07:13 PM
I recently bought a FE10, new, and after just 3 weeks and 2 rolls of film the film advance/shutter release became stuck. Unfortunately, this happened on a photo trip 200 miles from home and I had to abort mission and return camera. It will be replaced by a new one, but my question is: is this a common problem? The FE10, unlike the FM10, has a lock function on the shutter speed dial and I assume that the lock would not release (internal failure). I'd love to hear from anybody willing to share their experience with this camera. (Other than that I am quite happy with it. This is my starter Nikon and eventually I want to get the FM3A and make this one my b/w and/or backup camera. I know the FE10 is on the cheaper end of Nikons but shouldn't any Nikon last longer than 3 weeks?)

G