"FS: Mamiya M645-Nikon Tilt/Shift Macro Bellows Kit. New" Sun 07-Jun-09 05:29 PM by Conner999
For sale a NIB Mamiya M645 Tilt & Shift Bellows Kit usable with any SLR from Nikon, Canon, Sony (to name but three) as well as Mamiya M645 and AFD bodies. In short, if it can mount to an M645 lens mount, you have a tilt/shift bellows for it. Unit was simply removed from wrapping to check condition & operation. Comes with all paper work, magnification tables, twin cable release (only needed if using an M645 body to allows M645 lens to stop down before shutter is tripped on M645 Body) box, packing, etc.
Note: While images below show a Canon 1DS2 used, the adapter (NOT included) used to attach that Canon is actually a Fotodiox Pro Mamiya-Nikon adapter -- with an additional chipped Nikon-EoS adapter to enable the focus confirmation on the Canon. In 10 sec that Nikon-EoS adapter could be removed and the system shooting with a Nikon body.
For those wondering about M645 (or Leica) glass performance on Nikon bodies - check out the related Mamiya threads over at nikoncafe. I am Conner999 there as well as an FYI.
Some key features: --------------------- 1. Unlike virtually all bellows kits (including Nikon PB series), offers FRONT TILT as well as shift - without flopping whole enchilada 90 deg in a ball head thus requiring a recompose/focus.
1A Max magnification ration is something like 4.7:1
2. Front M645 lens mount can be removed and Large Format, enlarging, M42, AiS, or near any lens used instead. One such simple method is via a M645 'body cap adapter' (e.g. mount LF/EL/M42, etc lens thru an M645 body cap, mount body cap onto front M645 female mount). The larger image circle of MF and LF as well as EL lenses will obviously allow for great movement vs simple uber-macro work.
3. Rear standard camera mount rotates. Allows camera body 90 deg to go from portrait to landscape mode w/o moving bellows or shifting focus, etc.
4. Bottom rail is two pieces, EACH with own fine focus & lock mechanism. Undo one screw and two rails disconnect. Can then lock rails at 90deg to on another so can use fine focus mechanics to shift camera and bellows left-right independent of fore-aft fine focus of front & rear standard.
5. With usual M645-SLR adapters, any of Canon, Nikon, Sony, etc SLRS can be used on rear standard. Camera mounts to bellows like to any lens.
5A. Rear M645 mount can be removed in 10 sec if want to modify for use with a camera for which an M645 adapter is not available.
6. Bottom rail has a rubber-coated base for table-top use with standard 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 threaded tripod/plate sockets.
7. Standard bellows can be removed in about 10 secs to be swapped for (optional) balloon bellows if desired.
8. Optional bits (not incl.) allow lenses to mount reversed on front standard, slide copying, etc. ------
Some pics below showing mounted on (crudely greyed-out) RRS 10" bar with clamp and my 1Ds2 and in this case a M645 80/1.9 lens. Excuse the quality - taken with a P&S.
- First is bellows partially extended with a bit of down tilt. - Second shows two rails split for fore-aft and left-right fine movement - 3rd shows setup (minus tilt and shift) for the quick test shot.
The attached simple test shot was with M645 80/1.9 at F8, 1Ds2, a BIT of front tilt (could have used some more), and just a touch of extension. NO PP of any kind - just converted to jpg. The amount of magnification possible with this unit greatly exceeds that shown in sample which is "only" maybe 1:1.
Price is US$425 shipped and PP'd within NA from Canada. EMT within Canada, take of 3%. Offshore is fine, buyer pays difference.
Products would consider in trade: Nikon F5, F4S, M645 55/2.8 C or S or AiS 20/2.8 or AiS 28/2.8 (0.2m close focus version)
References on FM as Conner999 or Ebay as Kumara999. Have also done many transactions on www.getdpi.com and 1-2 here, but while no rating system on either of the latter sites, feel free to ask about my rep here and on getdpi (as RobMac).