nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL I Want to Sell topic #49360
View in linear mode

Subject: "D300 For Sale (Lenses are Sold)" Previous topic | Next topic
johno   St. Louis, US  Registered since 23rd May 2006 Thu 10-Jul-08 05:34 PM
525 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D300 For Sale (Lenses are Sold)"
Sat 12-Jul-08 07:04 AM by johno

I'm leaving DX behind and have some good quality gear to sell:

D300 --

Bought November 2007
5551 Actuations
USA Body -- Flawless like new condition
All packaging and accessories
With 5 year Mack Warranty -- transferrable to new owner at your cost ($15??) (In other words, this camera has 4+ years of full warranty protection)
With Thom's E book (on Original CD, with printed quick guide)included with sale at no charge.
With Nikon NX software that was included with the camera
Price = $1499 With insured Shipping

SOLD
17-55 -- Bought June 06
Flawless like new condition
USA model
All packaging, perhaps minus bar code
Price = $925 shipped w/ insurance
SOLD

SOLD --------------------
18-200 VR -- Bought January 07
Flawless like new condition
USA Model
All packaging perhaps minus bar code
Price + $525 shipped w/ insurance
SOLD ------------------------

About Me: (For Google purposes)
John Osthus
St. Louis, MO

josthus on ebay w/ 100 percent rating

Payment: Paypal only -- Sorry, no credit card funding is possible with my PayPal account. EDIT -- US Purchasers Only

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D300 and Lenses -- price adjustment johno
11th Jul 2008
Reply message RE: D300 and Lenses -- price adjustment johno
12th Jul 2008
Reply message Bump for Lower D300 Price johno
14th Jul 2008
Reply message Even lower Price on D300 johno
15th Jul 2008
     Reply message RE: Even lower Price on D300 johno
15th Jul 2008
          Reply message RE: Even lower Price on D300 Wolfie1
16th Jul 2008
               Reply message RE: Even lower Price on D300 johno
16th Jul 2008
                    Reply message RE: Even lower Price on D300 Wolfie1
17th Jul 2008
Reply message All Sold johno
18th Jul 2008
Reply message RE: All Sold Boo
28th Jul 2008
     Reply message RE: All Sold johno
28th Jul 2008

johno   St. Louis, US  Registered since 23rd May 2006 Fri 11-Jul-08 03:48 PM
525 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D300 and Lenses -- price adjustment"
In response to Reply # 0

The 18-200 is sold.

Thank you.

John

johno   St. Louis, US  Registered since 23rd May 2006 Sat 12-Jul-08 07:04 AM
#2. "RE: D300 and Lenses -- price adjustment"
In response to Reply # 1

The 17-55 is sold.

thanks,

John

johno   St. Louis, US  Registered since 23rd May 2006 Mon 14-Jul-08 03:20 PM
#3. "Bump for Lower D300 Price"
In response to Reply # 0

New price for D300 is $1399, if paid some other way than Paypal. (Postal money order, etc.) With Paypal please add 2.9 percent.

This for a camera that can be warrantied 4 years beyond the factory warranty that ends November 08.

Thanks for considering,

John Osthus

johno   St. Louis, US  Registered since 23rd May 2006 Tue 15-Jul-08 03:56 AM
#4. "Even lower Price on D300"
In response to Reply # 3
Tue 15-Jul-08 04:00 AM by johno

OK, is the camera worth $1350?

Looks like I may end up with a DX "Backup" body and no DX lenses.

Thanks for considering...

John

johno   St. Louis, US  Registered since 23rd May 2006 Tue 15-Jul-08 04:09 PM
#5. "RE: Even lower Price on D300"
In response to Reply # 4

Given there are no pending offers or emails, the D300 is withdrawn from Nikonians at the $1350 price. it will reappear on the St. Louis Craig's llist at a higher price.

Thanks for the lens sale help, Nikonians.

Wolfie1   Edmonton, CA  Registered since 13th May 2007 Wed 16-Jul-08 04:27 AM
45 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Even lower Price on D300"
In response to Reply # 5

I may have been interested ..... except I'm from Canada. In any event, good luck on CL and appreciate anyone who puts items up here first before considering other sites.

Walt

johno   St. Louis, US  Registered since 23rd May 2006 Wed 16-Jul-08 09:34 PM
#7. "RE: Even lower Price on D300"
In response to Reply # 6

Walt,

Sorry to leave out a northern neighbor.

With Customs regulations, am I correct that somebody should have to pay import taxes, or is this ignorance on my part?

With shipping and (supposed) Customs issues, it just seems easier for everybody to sell it here in the U.S. If I am mistaken about this, please enlighten me.

thanks,

JO

Wolfie1   Edmonton, CA  Registered since 13th May 2007 Thu 17-Jul-08 05:15 AM
45 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Even lower Price on D300"
In response to Reply # 7

Hi John:
For shipments to Canada, there's a brokerage fee and the equivalent of the VAT in the UK which is called GST (Goods and Services Tax) here in Canada. They're borne by the purchaser on pickup of the item from the carrier (so these taxes don't effect the transaction with the seller in any way). As far as I know, there's no tax that the seller incurs in the transaction.

One item that does effect the net proceeds to the seller if using Paypal is their foreign transaction charge. Besides the regular 2.9%, they charge (if I'm correct on this) a 5% surcharge on the foreign transaction 'spread'. With the close parity in dollars it's really not much now a days. When the exchange rate was 1.20 it would have amounted to a little more.

If I'm wrong about this surcharge, someone please enlighten me because I'd really like to know!!

Walt

johno   St. Louis, US  Registered since 23rd May 2006 Fri 18-Jul-08 06:11 PM
#9. "All Sold"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 18-Jul-08 06:11 PM by johno

Camera is sold pending payment. Thanks Nikonians.

Boo   Tryon, US  Registered since 11th Nov 2005 Mon 28-Jul-08 03:38 AM
84 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: All Sold"
In response to Reply # 9

Just wanted to report in that I am the happy buyer of the D300. John is a true gentleman and was most meticulous in his description and especially the packaging. He shipped right away, and the camera is almost like new.

Thanks John!!

johno   St. Louis, US  Registered since 23rd May 2006 Mon 28-Jul-08 03:59 PM
#11. "RE: All Sold"
In response to Reply # 10

Thanks Boo, and thanks also to the guys who bought the lenses. It takes a lot of trust to send strangers hundreds (or thousands) of dollars. Reputation is beyond price, however, so I try to "do unto others..."

Now, to find some nice "FX" lenses used.

Forums Lobby GENERAL I Want to Sell topic #49360 Previous topic | Next topic