Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #4882
View in linear mode

Subject: "Yashica-Mat TLR - MINT - SOLD" Previous topic | Next topic
moonfleet8 Registered since 20th Jan 2003Thu 15-Jan-04 12:08 AM
966 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Yashica-Mat TLR - MINT - SOLD"

Ottawa, CA

I'm offering this to fellow Nikonians first:

Late 1960's Yashica-Mat TLR medium format camera in superb, virtually like brand new condition. Fully functional in every respect, including accurate slower shutter speeds, lens glass is perfect (no scratches, marks or fungus of any kind). Ones this new and clean are pretty rare.

Great for 35mm photographer who wants to dabble in medium format, or a collector! This is a very desirable model, at the peak of quality for Yashica TLRs. High-quality Yashinon f/3.5 80mm Tessar-like lens. This model did not have a lightmeter, so there's nothing on it that doesn't work today (most old meters of this vintage don't work reliably anyway). It's an all-metal, all-mechanical camera. Here's what one reviewer says about this model:

Yashicamat: With the 4 element Yashinon lens (desingated Luxamor on early models), *this camera is one to look for*. Aside from the better lens, the camera also automatically cocks the shutter when the film is advanced, just like a Rolleiflex. The Copal shutter offers speeds from 1 sec to 1/500 plus B and MX flash sync. In all around value, the Yashicamat is probably the best in the line as it offers all the significant upgrades in lens and body, except for 220 capability (which most photographers rarely use) and a built-in meter.
UNQUOTE

Read more about this model at:

http://www.frugalphotographer.com/YashicaTLR.htm
It's the exact model recommended there, the one that says just "Yashica-Mat" on the faceplate in front of the waist-level finder.

The following items are included in the sale:

a. The original Yashica-Mat owner's manual (the real thing)
b. Original brown Yashica-Mat case made specifically for the camera, including strap (both in excellent condition).

Plus the following Bayonnet 1 accessories (made to fit on the lens, all in excellent condition):

a. Filter: Series V Kodak Skylight, Made in U.S.A.
b. Filter: Yellow Kodak Wratten K2 Filter (No. 8 Yellow)
c. Filter: Tiffen Photar Orange Series # 5 U.S.A.
d. Filter: Tiffen Photar Red 1 Series 5 U S A
e. Filter: Tiffen Photar Green 1 Series # 5 U.S.A.
f. Filter: Tiffen #522 Adapter Ring Series #5 U.S.A.
g. Filter: Vivitar Ser. V UV-Haze
h. Lens hood: Vivitar Series V lens hood

Make me an offer. I hate to sell this camera, but I have another TLR and I need the cash. KEH has one of these currently, in "excellent" condition, for $172US (about $223 Canadian). Mine is like new, plus ever-ready case, the lens hood, the filters (all virtually like new), and the original owner's manual. Geez, I'm almost talking myself out of selling it at all

If I get $200 Cdn (not including shipping), I will be happy with that.

Pierre
Ottawa

Pierre
www.photoargentique.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Chaaaaaaaz Registered since 04th Apr 2003Sat 17-Jan-04 04:04 AM
78 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Yashica-Mat TLR - MINT"
In response to Reply # 0

CIty Island, US

I have emailed you about the camera.

-chaz

gallery

Visit my photo blog.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #4882 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.