nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfish bowl.

Mark V

Los Angeles, US
3386 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Mark V Registered since 18th Jun 2004
Thu 06-Mar-08 05:38 AM | edited Thu 06-Mar-08 06:11 AM by Mark V

This may be news to some of you but...The Camera business has a long history of scams, crooks, and cheats. Some of these guys are second generation pros. (Both as photographers and crooks.) They learned from their daddys, like my daddy taught me to watch out for them. (One doesn't stay innocent for long growing up just outside of NY. Especially if used photographic equipment is involved.)

I have bought and sold a number of items here, but nothing in the last year. Nobody ever left feed back for me and I never left it for them - it wasn't needed. It's where photographers sold to other photographers. The crooks like places like this. They are NOT Nikonians. At least not in spirit. Big deal. XXXX who will probably come back as YYYY may be reading this and getting a good laugh out of it. A $25 membership lets the Sharks in with the Goldfish. Cheap at twice the price.

Nikonians is no longer a small internet town where everybody knows everybody else and we don't steal from one another. From what I have been reading here tonight you already know this. Moral outrage will get you no place. The shock in the eyes of the lamb means nothing to the lion.

Now the question is whats to be done about it. A serious rating system? The problem is the most honest of us. The guy who sells a lens or two a year will not have enough feed back. The dealers will have pleanty. (I'm sure there are some legitmite dealers here, if not, they will be. Cheaper then E-bay.)

Posting is one form of protection. Somebody who posts a lot will have something to loose - their reputation. But even this has holes. I bought and sold some expensive items from honest Nikonians who don't post.

My Nikonian Gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... sabre Silver Member
06th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... antca
06th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... PeteZ28
07th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... adcam Gold Member
06th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... watches
06th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... jemaerca
06th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest
06th Mar 2008
     Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... mtpenmaker
06th Mar 2008
     Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... Mark V
06th Mar 2008
          Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... sparky16
07th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... hillsidekim Silver Member
06th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... spanishbayonet Silver Member
06th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... Bump57 Silver Member Awarded for his high skill level in Landscape and Nature Photography and willingness to share his learning experiences to help others. Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Laureate Ribbon awarded as a winner in a Nikonians Best of Images Annual Photo Contest
06th Mar 2008
     Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... anyholt
06th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... Iceman15613 Silver Member
06th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... cdplatt Gold Member
06th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... RichL
08th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... pintofguinness
06th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... Dickerson
06th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... bob28
06th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... BorderGraham
07th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... MMarz
06th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... ttoolan Silver Member
06th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... Mark V
06th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... F1 Fan
06th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... Chaschesnutt
07th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... Wingmeister Silver Member
07th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... Chaschesnutt
07th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... jbear
07th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... TUKWILAGORILLA2 Silver Member
07th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... mtpenmaker
07th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... sparky16
07th Mar 2008
     Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... farbster
08th Mar 2008
          Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... idofotos
08th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... chamster
07th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... cal44
07th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... kwb49 Silver Member
07th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... ttoolan Silver Member
07th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... pete777
08th Mar 2008
08th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... jwhite3
08th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... onesickpuppy
08th Mar 2008
     Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... jbear
09th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: I was afraid of this - the sharks are in the goldfi... agitater Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
12th Mar 2008

G