Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #42222
View in linear mode

Subject: "Negative! Everybody stay away from djp7204!" Previous topic | Next topic
kurtzhao Registered since 17th Jun 2007Tue 04-Mar-08 03:13 AM
108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Negative! Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
Tue 04-Mar-08 07:16 PM by kurtzhao

US

This guy, Don Parsons from Wappingers Falls, NY, as many Nikonians can see, has been fooling on this forum for some time, including the well known "12-24mm lens story" , who received multiple payments and would not send the lens out.
Same story for my case, who offered me $1200 for the nikon 85mm PC lens and 105mm Micro, received my money order on Feb 23rd and saying will have shipping info for me on Feb 26th, then he disappeared, after sending several emails requesting tracking info at my side.
The guy who claimed himself as a gold Nikonians member and responsed some threads to make people believe him. And he was keep on selling many stuff on the forum (including D200, D2X, 80-200mm, D40 kit, D80 etc etc.), including the new 24-70mm lens as well. I was trying to give him a chance to prove himself, but finally it turned out to be a totally scam! Since another guy also sent payment for the 105mm lens (who accidentally left him a positive feedback but it was removed later) and was waiting for the tracking as well, same as what I was told!
This is a lesson that every Nikonians should learn: don't use money order for the payment! Always try paypal (though it is not that good) or google check out to get protected! I was willing to use money order as I trusted people on this forum and never expected such a scam from a gold Nikonian! This case simply ruined the community and even Nikonians does not feel trustworthy any longer.
I was very sorry to see that the administrator did not react fast on this case and allow this guy keeping on posting threads on the forum, before the 12-24mm lens case get resolved. While when I requested to remove the 24-70mm thread, I could not find the 12-24mm thread either, which simply removed the evidence.
I don't know how many guys stuck in the same situation as me, anyways, I already contacted the postal office and got the postal authority number (which not supposed to be released normally) at NY and will contact them tomorrow to start the investigation.
Update as of today: I just came back from local authorities and already filed criminal charge against him (provided you guys' email info as well). They started investigation on this case and will inform me as soon as they get any progress.

Kurt

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Everybody stay away from djp7204!
DigitalHeMan
04th Mar 2008
kurtzhao
04th Mar 2008
Johar
04th Mar 2008
fudgebrown
04th Mar 2008
kurtzhao
04th Mar 2008
TampaNikon1 Silver Member
04th Mar 2008
fudgebrown
04th Mar 2008
idofotos
04th Mar 2008
KJ6304
04th Mar 2008
zandym
04th Mar 2008
wlwakefield
04th Mar 2008
Reply message Paypal,,, phhhhhh
delaneyb Silver Member
04th Mar 2008
kurtzhao
04th Mar 2008
wlwakefield
04th Mar 2008
mtpenmaker
04th Mar 2008
dm1dave Administrator
04th Mar 2008
airgunr Gold Member
04th Mar 2008
adcam Gold Member
04th Mar 2008
kurtzhao
04th Mar 2008
Reply message RE: Negative! Everybody stay away from djp7204!
camicus Silver Member
04th Mar 2008
camicus Silver Member
04th Mar 2008
idofotos
04th Mar 2008
cgjane
04th Mar 2008
baysideben
04th Mar 2008
camicus Silver Member
04th Mar 2008
timkoo
04th Mar 2008
jlrsn
06th Mar 2008
F1 Fan
06th Mar 2008

DigitalHeMan Registered since 03rd Aug 2004Tue 04-Mar-08 06:12 AM
779 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 0

Amsterdam, NL

Hi Kurt,

Sorry to hear about this - it sucks to have money taken away from you.

Just one question though - if you already new about his 12-24mm lens, why would you part with $1200?

Rgds

Simon

--
Simon
Nikonian in Amsterdam
Website
Flickr Photostream
Check out my blog

kurtzhao Registered since 17th Jun 2007Tue 04-Mar-08 07:18 PM
108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Simon,
My payment was on the way before I saw that thread, and I contacted other members and they did get refund check, which made me thought everything was fine.

Kurt

>Hi Kurt,
>
>Sorry to hear about this - it sucks to have money taken away
>from you.
>
>Just one question though - if you already new about his
>12-24mm lens, why would you part with $1200?
>
>Rgds
>
>Simon
>
>--
>Simon
>Nikonian in Amsterdam
>Website
>Flickr Photostream
>Check out my blog

Johar Registered since 16th Feb 2008Tue 04-Mar-08 10:32 AM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

PayPal is a perfectly fine payment vehicle...as long as you fund the transaction with your CREDIT CARD! Do not create a PayPal balance with your CC and then pay the seller. This statement may only apply to USA members. Not sure of the CC regulations in other countries.

fudgebrown Registered since 30th Nov 2005Tue 04-Mar-08 12:21 PM
270 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 2

Indy, US

I don't know if I was simply his first transaction or what - but I did get a D40 kit from him. There were others emailing me saying he accepted their payment, but noone ever sent payment other than me because I posted on the D40 thread right away that I had sent payment - he was very light on the email and would only respond to specific emails.. but I did indeed receive a D40 kit from him - I am glad to assist anyone else with information.

kurtzhao Registered since 17th Jun 2007Tue 04-Mar-08 07:22 PM
#16. "RE: Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 2

US

This is totally Wrong, Paypal sucks as well! If you get scammed via paypal, your credit card company will not put dispute on it before they got any result from paypal, since they have a contract with paypal.
And then, Paypal will simply tell you they are working on it until your dispute period with your credit card company expired, and you get nothing but lose your money in the end.

>PayPal is a perfectly fine payment vehicle...as long as you
>fund the transaction with your CREDIT CARD! Do not create a
>PayPal balance with your CC and then pay the seller. This
>statement may only apply to USA members. Not sure of the CC
>regulations in other countries.

TampaNikon1 Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Nov 2001Tue 04-Mar-08 12:58 PM
1070 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue 04-Mar-08 12:59 PM by TampaNikon1

Spring Hill, US

If you do a "Google" search with his ID "djp7204" you will find he has registered on several other hobbyist websites (Guitars) and he has an e-mail address djp7204 at msn.com

I Do not know if this is the same as E-mail address he uses at Nikonians.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=djp7204&btnG=Google+Search

Good Luck.

Bob, A Florida Nikonian

"When you turn your camera on...does it return the favor?

fudgebrown Registered since 30th Nov 2005Tue 04-Mar-08 01:22 PM
270 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#5. "RE: Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 4

Indy, US

He has several different email addresses - he used a gmail address to communicate with me, but I believe he also has an MSN address and others...the address he provided me was a P.O. box in Fishkill, NY -

idofotos Basic MemberTue 04-Mar-08 02:27 PM
127 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 5
Tue 04-Mar-08 07:46 PM by idofotos

grand Island, US

>He has several different email addresses - he used a gmail
>address to communicate with me, but I believe he also has an
>MSN address and others...the address he provided me was a P.O.
>box in Fishkill, NY -

I have Ph # for him, I had several members from the Canon POTN site ask me about him, supposedly had a ton of canon high end gear he was letting go cheap

I wont post it here but if you want It I will give it in email, just to clarify the person who gave me the PH spoke to him on this # I tried after reading a lot of complaints but never actually spoke to him on this # so take it for what its worth

Just checked with POTN and his user name is 56strat and in his profile it states he is banned from the forum

my email is dennis@idofotos.com

KJ6304 Registered since 11th Oct 2007Tue 04-Mar-08 01:27 PM
53 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 4

Winchester, US

Kurt,
So sorry to hear that. Contact your State Attorney General of this
internet fraud and they will send you a compliant form to fill out
to begin the investigation. Many states and the FBI have form a
joint task force to handle this and they will prosecute the SOB.
It doesn't cost you anything but they will put him in jail.
I have tried that in Mass and it works.
Best wishes

KJ
PS: Always be cautious with sellers using Hotmail, Yahoo, MSN as their
ISP address since they sre free.

zandym Registered since 10th Mar 2006Tue 04-Mar-08 01:40 PM
116 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I almost bought his D2x but I smelled something fishy when the pictures he sent me had an Ebay watermark on them.

Maybe this guy can help.

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=set_threaded_mode&forum=137&topic_id=41323&prev_page=show_topic&gid=0#41323

wlwakefield Registered since 21st Jan 2007Tue 04-Mar-08 01:50 PM
198 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 0

Irving, US

I can't stress how important it is to use Paypal as a buyer. No other payment form offers the buyer any protection!

delaneyb Silver Member Charter MemberTue 04-Mar-08 02:01 PM
971 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "Paypal,,, phhhhhh"
In response to Reply # 8

London UK, GB

See
www.paypalsucks.com

Makes your hair stand on end, and exactly what I'm going through with them currently.

Brendan
Nikonian in London (Tower Bridge area) UK

Brendan Delaney Photography

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

kurtzhao Registered since 17th Jun 2007Tue 04-Mar-08 07:27 PM
#17. "RE: Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 8

US

Paypal is not a good protection, as you can see, there is a lot discuss on this. They charged your money and the fraud took it away and later they will only compensate you a small amount of lost.

I recommend google check out since Google will investigate the transaction first and they will cancel the payment directly if they
find anything wrong.

Kurt

>I can't stress how important it is to use Paypal as a buyer.
>No other payment form offers the buyer any protection!

wlwakefield Registered since 21st Jan 2007Tue 04-Mar-08 07:41 PM
198 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#19. "RE: Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 17

Irving, US

Having used Paypal hundreds of times over the years, I can assure you they do resolve these situations. I've never had a problem, and they've always made it right when a transaction went wrong.

http://www.wlwakefield.com

mtpenmaker Registered since 23rd Aug 2007Tue 04-Mar-08 02:30 PM
1840 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 0

Billings, US

I think the fact that he has a basically empty profile should raise big red flags.

Gerry Rhoades
Montana Pens
www.montanapens.com
F4, D40, N90s and some glass

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Tue 04-Mar-08 02:53 PM
11306 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

Hi Kurt,

Sorry to hear you that you are a victim of this guy. This doesn’t happen here often.

To make it easier for people to find this info later you should put the words “negative feedback” in the header or start another thread that references this one so that when a user searches for feedback they will see this.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

airgunr Gold Member Nikonian since 05th May 2004Tue 04-Mar-08 03:05 PM
407 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 0

Delavan, Wisconsin, US

Kurt,

He offered me the same 85mm PC lens on the 24th of February and asked if I would send a money order for it. I said I would but then never heard from him again. I guess I got lucky somehow. I am very sorry you got screwed, I hope you can track him down.

He used a different e-mail address djp753@gmail.com Maybe you can do some contacting of him with that?

This is details from the e-mail:

Return-Path: <djp753@gmail.com>
Received: from mx2.genevaonline.com (mx2.genevaonline.com <64.201.65.13>)
by battleship.genevaonline.com (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id m1OGuPmB094545
for <airgunr@genevaonline.com>; Sun, 24 Feb 2008 10:56:25 -0600 (CST)
Received: from localhost (unknown <127.0.0.1>)
by mx2.genevaonline.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 80B65EBC9B
for <airgunr@genevaonline.com>; Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:04:11 -0600 (CST)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at genevaonline.com
X-Spam-Score: -2.598
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.598 tagged_above=-999 required=4.5
tests=
Received: from mx2.genevaonline.com (<127.0.0.1>)
by localhost (mx2.genevaonline.com <127.0.0.1>) (amavisd-new, port 10024)
with ESMTP id BQ+4Q0JNIxUb for <airgunr@genevaonline.com>;
Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:04:09 -0600 (CST)
Received: from rv-out-0910.google.com (rv-out-0910.google.com <209.85.198.188>)
by mx2.genevaonline.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 46E3EEBC7A
for <airgunr@genevaonline.com>; Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:04:09 -0600 (CST)
Received: by rv-out-0910.google.com with SMTP id k20so996391rvb.4
for <airgunr@genevaonline.com>; Sun, 24 Feb 2008 08:56:23 -0800 (PST)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references;
bh=8mWGjnwoydQ1zcXSquCHgCjgbWPAEMnL4avgY7odisI=;
b=KeB5yhSMc2UViBa+dzTf3Zmb+YmEspQAQo3OF/e0+EOAw9d6WrkquoH9WK+AXt4jCZlaiddpaxu02dsUJYVtrXmf+NTPd4STDfMPorrjLP1TcPwHSEw3WJeyT6VEgZMrkT1MP6d0KXeQ6dERndcY1VGbEbRCtyV6tAyJVflPx6s=
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws;
d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references;
b=VF8hAdc/N9DbuvzM9f4/WLeXKQaR0Y/T8gWhuxdg1BVUUUVX0EVti7BVbhOTW7ACC4JFwkEp7nmeMPD+kG3Msxck1PGbVucE2ro/4IDvU3yXD1aBkFFnkUjE04LV+oSCC89sKruRZcqbfKxtapsuWgbZYs46Fk30AUUiarRC3Hs=
Received: by 10.140.251.1 with SMTP id y1mr1234772rvh.149.1203872183520;
Sun, 24 Feb 2008 08:56:23 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.141.34.6 with HTTP; Sun, 24 Feb 2008 08:56:23 -0800 (PST)
Message-ID: <5b90cc5c0802240856u2b1e165cn83832da33d985831@mail.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:56:23 -0500
To: "William J. Slater" <airgunr@genevaonline.com>
Subject: Re: 85mm PC lens
In-Reply-To: <001e01c87701$38751910$d34dc940@hmsys>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_Part_7182_32176335.1203872183516"
References: <20080223204430.C843018E8C5B@n2.nikcluster.local>
<5b90cc5c0802231249s46ec56d1o444662ad5b693f87@mail.gmail.com>
<001e01c87701$38751910$d34dc940@hmsys>

Here is the Message Source codes:

Return-Path: <djp753@gmail.com>
Received: from mx2.genevaonline.com (mx2.genevaonline.com <64.201.65.13>)
by battleship.genevaonline.com (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id m1OGuPmB094545
for <airgunr@genevaonline.com>; Sun, 24 Feb 2008 10:56:25 -0600 (CST)
Received: from localhost (unknown <127.0.0.1>)
by mx2.genevaonline.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 80B65EBC9B
for <airgunr@genevaonline.com>; Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:04:11 -0600 (CST)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at genevaonline.com
X-Spam-Score: -2.598
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.598 tagged_above=-999 required=4.5
tests=
Received: from mx2.genevaonline.com (<127.0.0.1>)
by localhost (mx2.genevaonline.com <127.0.0.1>) (amavisd-new, port 10024)
with ESMTP id BQ+4Q0JNIxUb for <airgunr@genevaonline.com>;
Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:04:09 -0600 (CST)
Received: from rv-out-0910.google.com (rv-out-0910.google.com <209.85.198.188>)
by mx2.genevaonline.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 46E3EEBC7A
for <airgunr@genevaonline.com>; Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:04:09 -0600 (CST)
Received: by rv-out-0910.google.com with SMTP id k20so996391rvb.4
for <airgunr@genevaonline.com>; Sun, 24 Feb 2008 08:56:23 -0800 (PST)
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references;
bh=8mWGjnwoydQ1zcXSquCHgCjgbWPAEMnL4avgY7odisI=;
b=KeB5yhSMc2UViBa+dzTf3Zmb+YmEspQAQo3OF/e0+EOAw9d6WrkquoH9WK+AXt4jCZlaiddpaxu02dsUJYVtrXmf+NTPd4STDfMPorrjLP1TcPwHSEw3WJeyT6VEgZMrkT1MP6d0KXeQ6dERndcY1VGbEbRCtyV6tAyJVflPx6s=
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws;
d=gmail.com; s=gamma;
h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references;
b=VF8hAdc/N9DbuvzM9f4/WLeXKQaR0Y/T8gWhuxdg1BVUUUVX0EVti7BVbhOTW7ACC4JFwkEp7nmeMPD+kG3Msxck1PGbVucE2ro/4IDvU3yXD1aBkFFnkUjE04LV+oSCC89sKruRZcqbfKxtapsuWgbZYs46Fk30AUUiarRC3Hs=
Received: by 10.140.251.1 with SMTP id y1mr1234772rvh.149.1203872183520;
Sun, 24 Feb 2008 08:56:23 -0800 (PST)
Received: by 10.141.34.6 with HTTP; Sun, 24 Feb 2008 08:56:23 -0800 (PST)
Message-ID: <5b90cc5c0802240856u2b1e165cn83832da33d985831@mail.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:56:23 -0500
To: "William J. Slater" <airgunr@genevaonline.com>
Subject: Re: 85mm PC lens
In-Reply-To: <001e01c87701$38751910$d34dc940@hmsys>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_Part_7182_32176335.1203872183516"
References: <20080223204430.C843018E8C5B@n2.nikcluster.local>
<5b90cc5c0802231249s46ec56d1o444662ad5b693f87@mail.gmail.com>
<001e01c87701$38751910$d34dc940@hmsys>

------=_Part_7182_32176335.1203872183516
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

Okay.

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 11:20 AM, William J. Slater <
airgunr@genevaonline.com> wrote:

> Yes, that shouldn't be a problem.
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> *From:* Don Parsons <djp753@gmail.com>
> *To:* airgunr@genevaonline.com
> *Sent:* Saturday, February 23, 2008 2:49 PM
> *Subject:* Re: 85mm PC lens
>
> Will do Bill. Are you okay with a USPS money order for payment?
>
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 3:44 PM, <airgunr@genevaonline.com> wrote:
>
> >
> > If it is still available I will take it.
> >
> >
> > William J. Slater
> > airgunr@genevaonline.com
> >
>
>

------=_Part_7182_32176335.1203872183516
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

<div>Okay.<br><br></div>
<div class="gmail_quote">On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 11:20 AM, William J. Slater <<a href="mailto:airgunr@genevaonline.com">airgunr@genevaonline.com</a>> wrote:<br>
<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="PADDING-LEFT: 1ex; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid">
<div bgcolor="#ffffff">
<div><font face="Arial" size="2">Yes, that shouldn't be a problem.</font></div>
<div>
<div></div>
<div class="Wj3C7c">
<blockquote style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </div>
<div style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial"><b>From:</b> <a title="djp753@gmail.com" href="mailto:djp753@gmail.com" target="_blank">Don Parsons</a> </div>
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial"><b>To:</b> <a title="airgunr@genevaonline.com" href="mailto:airgunr@genevaonline.com" target="_blank">airgunr@genevaonline.com</a> </div>
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial"><b>Sent:</b> Saturday, February 23, 2008 2:49 PM</div>
<div style="FONT: 10pt arial"><b>Subject:</b> Re: 85mm PC lens</div>
<div><br></div>Will do Bill. Are you okay with a USPS money order for payment?<br><br>
<div class="gmail_quote">On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 3:44 PM, <<a href="mailto:airgunr@genevaonline.com" target="_blank">airgunr@genevaonline.com</a>> wrote:<br>
<blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="PADDING-LEFT: 1ex; MARGIN: 0px 0px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid"><br>If it is still available I will take it.<br><br>I beleive you have a sale pending.  If for some reason it doesn't go through please let me know.<br>
<br>William J. Slater<br><a href="mailto:airgunr@genevaonline.com" target="_blank">airgunr@genevaonline.com</a><br></blockquote></div><br></blockquote></div></div></div></blockquote></div><br>

------=_Part_7182_32176335.1203872183516--

adcam Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2007Tue 04-Mar-08 04:45 PM
585 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 0

Portland, US

Kurt, sorry to hear about your troubles. I have been watching Don's sales the last month, and the 12-24 was the most controversial. It was hard characterizing this guy if he was legit or not. I read about 1 person getting his refund back from the 12-24 case but after it got to the moderator's level.
Good luck in getting your money back.

kurtzhao Registered since 17th Jun 2007Tue 04-Mar-08 07:30 PM
#18. "RE: Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 14

US

Thanks for all your guys' information and suggestions! I already filed the criminal charge against him today and we will start from here.

camicus Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Aug 2007Tue 04-Mar-08 07:43 PM
103 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#20. "RE: Negative! Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I was the other guy who supposedly purchased the 105mm, now I am out $400. This is terrible. Please pm me if you have any pertinent info about Don.

Thank you

cameron

camicus Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Aug 2007Tue 04-Mar-08 07:50 PM
103 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#21. "RE: Negative! Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 20

US

It's sad to see this happen. I have done several thousands worth of transactions with other Nikonians, and never had a problem. There's a bad seed in every bunch.

cameron

idofotos Basic MemberTue 04-Mar-08 08:02 PM
127 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#22. "RE: Negative! Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 21

grand Island, US

This might not be the time or place but I use a website called www.anywho.com to check Ph # it isint perfect but if some one has a listed PH like most legitimate people do, you can do a reverse lookup, it doesnt work with cell PH but it might be worth asking if the seller has a landline thats listed, also we should all be more vigilant now and furnish a verifiable address or PH # when listing

Hope this works out for everyone involved

cgjane Registered since 29th Dec 2005Tue 04-Mar-08 08:29 PM
175 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#23. "RE: Negative! Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 20

US

Sorry you guys got hit by this scumbag...but the first thing I look for from a seller are REFERRALS, second I search Nikonians for the sellers handle and look at ALL the FS threads they have had and made sure they are legit.

I have sold over $10k worth of bodies/lenses/bags here in nikonians with Money Orders ONLY with no problems.

---------------------------------------
Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

baysideben Registered since 08th Jan 2008Tue 04-Mar-08 09:17 PM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#24. "RE: Negative! Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 23

Queens/Manhattan, US

Sad to see this happen to you. I've purchased a lot of items on this board as well and haven't had a problem.

A true testament towards buyer beware...

camicus Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Aug 2007Tue 04-Mar-08 09:40 PM
#25. "RE: Negative! Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 23
Tue 04-Mar-08 09:53 PM by camicus

US

I did look for referrals, and I found some good ones on him. One guy even said that he met him in person and that he was a really nice guy.

take care

cameron

timkoo Registered since 09th Oct 2007Tue 04-Mar-08 09:53 PM
149 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#26. "RE: Negative! Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 25

Urbana, US

I guess i'm the last one to come forth

'bought' a d200, mb-d200, and 50mm f/1.4 from djp7204

i guess i'm out $950 for awhile ...

D200 w/ MB-D200 | D80 w/ MB-D80 | 10.5 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8D | 17-50 f/2.8 | 85 f/1.4D | 80-200 f/2.8 AF-S | SB-800 | 3x SB-600 w/ LSII
www.timkoo.smugmug.com

jlrsn Registered since 16th Jan 2008Thu 06-Mar-08 05:13 AM
76 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#27. "RE: Negative! Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 0

Up at 8,000' in the Rockies, US

Moderators: I highly recommend that threads like this one be pinned at the front so as to not get lost after a few days and not seen by someone new to this forum. One other way to protect the innocent is to add another list such as a "List of Shame" adjacent to the "I Want to Sell" and "I want to Buy".
Jim

F1 Fan Registered since 12th Jan 2007Thu 06-Mar-08 11:18 PM
484 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#28. "RE: Negative! Everybody stay away from djp7204!"
In response to Reply # 0

St. Louis, US

AND YET, he is still posting in "I want to sell".
Come on already!!!! SHUT HIM DOWN.

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #42222 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.