Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #41736
View in linear mode

Subject: "Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails" Previous topic | Next topic
Nikon32250 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Mar 2004Wed 27-Feb-08 12:13 PM
3535 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails"

St. Augustine, US

I put up for sale several items over the last week or so. Today I received many, many email notifications from people who had sent me a PM days ago for various items which I never received until now. There is a short thread on this in the English Cafe.

However I want the Mods here to know about the problem. I'm sure many people were wondering why I hadn't responded to them. Sorry folks but somehow the inbound emails got hung up in cyberspace between you, Nikonians and me.

Until it's fixed I would suggest that anyone with something to sell pay close attention to your listing. If someone posts that they have emailed you but you haven't received it then I would suggest that you update your listing so that other person knows you still haven't received their email.

Graham
From St. Augustine, FL. "I like photographers, you don't ask questions." Ronald Reagan to White House Press Photogs

<http://www.ancientcityphotography.com/>

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emai...
NGC2683
27th Feb 2008
Nikon32250 Silver Member
27th Feb 2008
DaveOHUSA
27th Feb 2008
watches
27th Feb 2008
mrhughj
27th Feb 2008
timkoo
27th Feb 2008
DaveOHUSA
27th Feb 2008
jbailey930 Silver Member
27th Feb 2008
          Reply message I think RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiv...
Dan Ryan Silver Member
27th Feb 2008
another jim Silver Member
27th Feb 2008
zeButcher
27th Feb 2008
Gazruss
27th Feb 2008
idofotos
27th Feb 2008
camicus Silver Member
27th Feb 2008
dmath
27th Feb 2008
briantilley Moderator
27th Feb 2008

NGC2683 Registered since 23rd Sep 2006Wed 27-Feb-08 12:50 PM
442 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Check your 'Bulk' e-mail bin (if you have Yahoo). I had a buyer reply end up in there and I just happened to check it. Sadly, I had sold the item to the next in line thinking the first person never responded.

Nikon32250 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Mar 2004Wed 27-Feb-08 01:10 PM
3535 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails"
In response to Reply # 1

St. Augustine, US

I checked my spam mail, and they weren't hung up in there. They all came directly to my regular eMail that I use through BellSouth.

Graham
From St. Augustine, FL. "I like photographers, you don't ask questions." Ronald Reagan to White House Press Photogs

<http://www.ancientcityphotography.com/>

DaveOHUSA Registered since 07th Dec 2007Wed 27-Feb-08 12:58 PM
78 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 27-Feb-08 03:45 PM by DaveOHUSA

US

No...it wasn't in the "bulk" email for me either... I just received an email from Feb 23rd that the potential customer told me he sent and I told him he didn't. Had I receive this we could have worked out a deal before he bought elsewhere. I am sorry. This just showed up in my email box this morning also. There is a problem and the OP is correct... As seen in the info I copied from the email header below, you can see the dates in and out of the nikcluster address...
***Removed as Mods have resolved this issue***

My apologies to my potential buyers...

watches Registered since 09th Apr 2006Wed 27-Feb-08 01:06 PM
373 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails"
In response to Reply # 0

US

This same situation happened to me this morning...As well to another Nikonian in Minn.

mrhughj Basic MemberWed 27-Feb-08 01:14 PM
144 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails"
In response to Reply # 3

I had the same thing happen to me, receiving emails and PM notifications from Nikonians in bulk this morning and have sent the moderators a note.

Apologies to all thar that tried to reach me regarding items that I had for sale.

Best regards,

Hugh in Fort Lauderdale

timkoo Registered since 09th Oct 2007Wed 27-Feb-08 01:25 PM
149 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#6. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails"
In response to Reply # 5

Urbana, US

Same here
Might be best to have people directly e-mail you instead of via Nikonians.

Had about 12 e-mails dumped to me this morning.
Strange thing is that I received a couple yesterday (real time)

D200 w/ MB-D200 | D80 w/ MB-D80 | 10.5 f/2.8 | 50 f/1.8D | 17-50 f/2.8 | 85 f/1.4D | 80-200 f/2.8 AF-S | SB-800 | 3x SB-600 w/ LSII
www.timkoo.smugmug.com

DaveOHUSA Registered since 07th Dec 2007Wed 27-Feb-08 01:27 PM
78 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails"
In response to Reply # 6

US

Only problem with that is you are not supposed to put your email address in the sale ad...

jbailey930 Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Apr 2007Wed 27-Feb-08 01:30 PM
289 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails"
In response to Reply # 7

Potomac Falls, US

Same behaviour for my FS add. Fortunately the poster appended the message string. Two days delay seemingly for the email notification.

let us know whats going on.

Best - JB
FX, DX - FE & F3HP

Dan Ryan Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Mar 2007Wed 27-Feb-08 03:01 PM
554 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "I think RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails"
In response to Reply # 7

Sebastopol, US

>Only problem with that is you are not supposed to put your
>email address in the sale ad...
>
If you encript a little and put your email address in a form similar to "nameatISPdotcom" it will be okay and folks in the forum should be able to figure it out. It is never a good idea to put your actual mail address online.
Dan

West Sonoma County Nikonian

another jim Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Oct 2007Wed 27-Feb-08 03:23 PM
42 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Same here. Many emails this morning from the beginning of the month. Apologies to all for not getting back to you.

Jim

zeButcher Registered since 14th Dec 2005Wed 27-Feb-08 01:34 PM
733 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#9. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails"
In response to Reply # 0

Fredericksburg, US

I had the same problem, checked my email this morning and had 20-30 emails some in my inbox, other in my span folder, all from this forum.

My apologies to those I may have missed due to this delay.

What would help, is if those who pm the seller would reply to thread first. I had far more people contact me than reply to the thread, so there would have been no way to reconcile the two.

Tim Lucente
Click HERE to see my online galleries.

Gazruss Registered since 24th Jan 2008Wed 27-Feb-08 02:00 PM
46 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails"
In response to Reply # 9

Brooklin, CA

Waving my hand in agreement here....was kinda wondering if i had offended someone when i placed a FS ad. Got a bunch of replies this morning from Feb 12-13- & 14

Sorry to anyone i didn't get back too....

http://gazruss.smugmug.com/

idofotos Basic MemberWed 27-Feb-08 02:02 PM
127 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails"
In response to Reply # 10

grand Island, US

>Waving my hand in agreement here....was kinda wondering if i
>had offended someone when i placed a FS ad. Got a bunch of
>replies this morning from Feb 12-13- & 14
>
>Sorry to anyone i didn't get back too....

me to, just got several emails today for a lens sold last week& already delived

camicus Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Aug 2007Wed 27-Feb-08 02:24 PM
103 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails"
In response to Reply # 0

US

It happened to me this morning too. I got 13 emails on something that I already shipped out a week ago today. A lot of the emails were from around the 17th of this month.

take care

cameron

dmath Registered since 31st Jan 2008Wed 27-Feb-08 02:49 PM
326 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails"
In response to Reply # 12

Vevey, CH

Same here. In fact, I got email notification for a post in a thread to which I subscribed. The post was from Feb 13 -- a two week delay. This was not in the "I Want To Sell" forum.

David

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Wed 27-Feb-08 03:34 PM
28770 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: Attn: Moderators: Alert re delays in receiving emails"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, GB

The cause of this problem has been investigated and resolved. An explanation of what happened can be found in this other thread.

Thanks, everyone.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #41736 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.