Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #398
View in linear mode

Subject: "FE body" Previous topic | Next topic
transtech Registered since 16th Apr 2002Tue 11-Jun-02 10:44 PM
282 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"FE body"

Cincinnati, US

Chrome FE, serial 3235180. Cleaned, refoamed and calibrated 10 months ago (needed no repair, this was routine work only by a top-notch repairman).
Condition is EXC+: Mechanically perfect, leatherette perfect, meters perfectly. With B2 focusing screen installed for brigher viewing (EV dial set to + 1/2). I will also include the original Type K as well as a Type E screen.

I will also include the SB-10 flash that was designed for this series. Unit is in mint(minus) condition, and comes with the original pouch.

JPEG's are available.

$160 plus shipping from Cincinnati.

Jeff

My Gallery

"Schlagfertigkeit ist etwas, worauf du erst 24 Stunden später kommst."
- Mark Twain

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: FE body
drossi
12th Jun 2002
transtech
12th Jun 2002
Armchair Observer
13th Jun 2002
transtech
13th Jun 2002
transtech
15th Jun 2002

drossi Registered since 19th Feb 2002Wed 12-Jun-02 05:54 PM
423 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: FE body"
In response to Reply # 0

Apex, US

Where can I read about the FE? I am considering a MF as a backup and wondering about this one. Basically what would be missing compared to the FM3A?

Thanks...

Dave Rossi
Nikonian from NC
www.eyesushi.smugmug.com

transtech Registered since 16th Apr 2002Wed 12-Jun-02 10:21 PM
282 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: FE body"
In response to Reply # 1

Cincinnati, US

Excellent question(s).

I own an FM3A as well, plus an FG which I bought recently for my teenage son who has shown a lot of interest, so as a card-carrying dinosaur I can speak at least for MF bodies.

Here are the essential differences:

max. shutter speed FE 1/1000
max. shutter speed FM3A 1/4000
TTL flash control FE no
TTL flash control FM3A yes
Flash sync FE 1/125
Flash sync FM3A 1/250
Dead/no battery FE 1/90
Dead/no battery FM3A any shutter speed
Auto DX system FE no
Auto DX system FM3A yes

Both offer:

- Aperture priority or manual mode
- Needle matching
- AE lock
- DOF preview
- Mirror lock-up with self-timer
- Exposure compensation dial
- Interchangeable focusing screens

Any lens which is compatible with the FM3A is also compatible with the FE.

The FE feels exactly like the FM3A to me. It looks virtually identical, weighs virtually the same, uses the same metering method (match needle vs. the LED’s used in an FM2), so I personally see the FM3A as an enhancement of the FE/FE2 rather than the FM2 (but many like to debate that point).

I love both these cameras, but since I now have access to my son's FG, I don’t need the FE as a second body.

I hope this answers most of your questions!

Jeff

My Gallery

- Mark Twain

Armchair Observer Registered since 17th May 2002Thu 13-Jun-02 03:56 AM
54 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: FE body"
In response to Reply # 0

Pelham Manor, US

Please describe the cosmetic condition of your FE. Does it have any paint loss or significant nicks or scratches?

transtech Registered since 16th Apr 2002Thu 13-Jun-02 11:29 AM
#4. "RE: FE body"
In response to Reply # 3

Cincinnati, US

Cosmetically this is probably an 8: No paint loss, most of the signs of use are on the bottom of the camera, where there are a few very small (pinhole-size) dimples. No dents or distortions. Otherwise as described in the original posted description.

As I mentioned, I have jpeg's now, but since my trial version of Adobe Elements expired and my purchased copy is still on the way, these images are huge - in the 500KB range - and I have no way to reduce their file size until next week. But if anyone can handle the unmanipulated images, I would be happy to send them.

I also have a photocopy of the manual for anyone who needs it with the camera.

Jeff

My Gallery

- Mark Twain

transtech Registered since 16th Apr 2002Sat 15-Jun-02 01:05 AM
#5. "RE: FE body"
In response to Reply # 0

Cincinnati, US

SOLD, to a discriminating Nikonian in San Francisco....

Jeff

My Gallery

- Mark Twain

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #398 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.