nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #37974
View in linear mode

Subject: "Positive Feedbacks" Previous topic | Next topic
ttoolan Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Jul 2004Thu 03-Jan-08 09:26 PM
945 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Positive Feedbacks"

Sacramento, US

Do you think we could have just negative feedback instead of all these useless positive feedback threads. This forum is busy enough. While I'm sure these people are just wonderful people, this forum used to be about buying and selling things.

Tom

I always wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
Lily Tomlin

My Nikonians gallery

Tom
D800E, D3, D200, D70, F6, F3/T, F2AS, FM2N

Once you say you're going to settle for second, that's what happens to you in life. ― John F. Kennedy

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Positive Feedbacks
georgem Silver Member
03rd Jan 2008
Pursuit Silver Member
03rd Jan 2008
Blue Leaf
03rd Jan 2008
georgem Silver Member
03rd Jan 2008
ttoolan Silver Member
03rd Jan 2008
yo_andrew Silver Member
04th Jan 2008
abikeride
04th Jan 2008
calvin_gsc
04th Jan 2008
Photo_Art_W Silver Member
04th Jan 2008
mstenj Silver Member
04th Jan 2008
sewwhatsports
04th Jan 2008
TiggerGTO Silver Member
04th Jan 2008
PeteZ28
05th Jan 2008
abikeride
04th Jan 2008
DaveOHUSA
04th Jan 2008
Lex
04th Jan 2008

georgem Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Sep 2006Thu 03-Jan-08 09:42 PM
754 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Positive Feedbacks"
In response to Reply # 0

East lansing, US

I think it is useful....except maybe in the case of Carl. We already know everyone love Carl.

I use it as information about a peson when I search their names and get history prior to a transaction.

George Macaluso
East Lansing, Michigan

Pursuit Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jan 2003Thu 03-Jan-08 09:46 PM
2110 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Positive Feedbacks"
In response to Reply # 0

Kihei, US

Positive feedback can be as useful as negative feedback, but without any cohesive system to organize feedback neither one is as useful as it should be. I wonder if (following the great server migration) the site administrators could consider adding some form of feedback tracking.

Jim Kelly
More wag, less bark. (anon)

Jim Kelly
Seasonally 808

Blue Leaf Registered since 17th Feb 2006Thu 03-Jan-08 11:08 PM
126 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Positive Feedbacks"
In response to Reply # 2

Dallas, US

What if feedback was left in the orignial "For Sale" thread when the transaction is completed. It's still searchable that way, right? That way no new threads are created but it does bump a thread. Just a thought.

georgem Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Sep 2006Thu 03-Jan-08 11:39 PM
754 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Positive Feedbacks"
In response to Reply # 3

East lansing, US

Excellent suggestion Jared. That is where it belongs.

ttoolan Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Jul 2004Thu 03-Jan-08 11:51 PM
945 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Positive Feedbacks"
In response to Reply # 4

Sacramento, US

Much better idea than starting a new thread every time.

Tom

I always wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
Lily Tomlin

My Nikonians gallery

Tom
D800E, D3, D200, D70, F6, F3/T, F2AS, FM2N

Once you say you're going to settle for second, that's what happens to you in life. ― John F. Kennedy

yo_andrew Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Jan 2006Fri 04-Jan-08 01:36 AM
3204 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Positive Feedbacks"
In response to Reply # 0

marina del rey, US

>Do you think we could have just negative feedback instead of
>all these useless positive feedback threads. This forum is
>busy enough. While I'm sure these people are just wonderful
>people, this forum used to be about buying and selling
>things.

Yo Tom,

when was the last time you saw negative feedback here?

Conversely I don't feel the positive feedback is useless at all. It is a public commendation to those Nikonians who have been true to their word, honest in their dealings, and an honor to all of us.

best, andy

"THERE'S MORE TO OPTICS THAN MEETS THE EYE"
Not till we have lost the world do we begin to find ourselves.

"THERE'S MORE TO OPTICS THAN MEETS THE EYE"
Not till we have lost the world do we begin to find ourselves

abikeride Registered since 14th Jan 2006Fri 04-Jan-08 02:10 AM
397 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Positive Feedbacks"
In response to Reply # 0

Staten Island, US

I think feedback is important.....If we only provide Negative feedback - it is difficult to retract that feedback....Ebay allows retractions.

Let's face it....it only takes seconds to read a thread - if spending much more than a second or two is too much than what can I say...I htink in reality you would see so few negative feedback that it would hardly make a difference anyway!

JayG

calvin_gsc Registered since 07th May 2007Fri 04-Jan-08 02:28 AM
120 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Positive Feedbacks"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I think positive feedbacks is a good thing. Helps us identify reputable sellers.

http://www.flickr.com/calvin_gsc

Photo_Art_W Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Nov 2005Fri 04-Jan-08 07:51 AM
947 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Positive Feedbacks"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I think Feedback is important whether it's good or bad.
But I also feel it's starting to make a mess in the F/S forum, so maybe it's time for it to have its own topic folder for members to search for a sellers/buyers previous reputation - if anyone has posted anything there of course from previous buyers/sellers.
Any other thoughts?
Art

http://www.artsplace.us

mstenj Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Dec 2007Fri 04-Jan-08 11:00 AM
365 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Positive Feedbacks"
In response to Reply # 0

Miramar, US

I agree with replying to the original sale with feedback or conversely anchoring a single thread (as with the negative thread) for positive feedback. With the anchored thread all the feedback would be in two threads and not making the forum look so busy. Then the info would be there for folks that would like to see it. For myself, I can say that I haven't had a single negative experience with a Nikonian. But I understand the point those individuals are making about wanting the posts.

sewwhatsports Registered since 03rd May 2007Fri 04-Jan-08 11:45 AM
945 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#11. "RE: Positive Feedbacks"
In response to Reply # 10

US

I agree we need a dedicated thread for the feedback. Mods, can you put a sticky on a feedback thread at the top of the forum. There those who want to post and those that want to read will have it readily available. Thanks.

Rena in Delaware
Knowledge is the power behind the lens.

Rena in Delaware
Knowledge is the power behind the lens.

TiggerGTO Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Feb 2006Fri 04-Jan-08 12:18 PM
2258 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Positive Feedbacks"
In response to Reply # 0

Apex, US

A couple months ago, I sent a note to the administrators asking if they would consider adding some sort of feedback system. I suggested somehow attaching it to the user profile management. I got a response from Bo saying it was a good idea, but that's as far as the discussion went.

I personally think that feedback, both good and bad, is important. I also think the current free-form mechanism of providing feedback via new threads in the "I want to sell" forum is fairly useless. I have bought several things through this forum including some fairly expensive lenses and have nothing but praise for the Nikonians I dealt with. However, I have refrained from posting positive feedback messages because I don't want to add to the clutter I think these types of messages cause. I did tell the sellers that if they ever need to use me as a reference, I'd be more than happy to provide positive feedback.

Danny
A Nikonian in North Carolina

Danny
A Nikonian in North Carolina

PeteZ28 Registered since 02nd Oct 2007Sat 05-Jan-08 12:42 AM
53 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: Positive Feedbacks"
In response to Reply # 12

Monmouth County, US

>A couple months ago, I sent a note to the administrators
>asking if they would consider adding some sort of feedback
>system. I suggested somehow attaching it to the user
>profile management. I got a response from Bo saying it was
>a good idea, but that's as far as the discussion went.
>
>I personally think that feedback, both good and bad, is
>important. I also think the current free-form mechanism of
>providing feedback via new threads in the "I want to sell"
>forum is fairly useless. I have bought several things
>through this forum including some fairly expensive lenses
>and have nothing but praise for the Nikonians I dealt with.
>However, I have refrained from posting positive feedback
>messages because I don't want to add to the clutter I think
>these types of messages cause. I did tell the sellers that
>if they ever need to use me as a reference, I'd be more than
>happy to provide positive feedback.

I sent a similar suggstion in recently, even outlining the format and application of such a forum. Basicly you have a feedback only forum, and a seller can start a thread in that forum that feedback can be posted in. Simply link your feedback thread to your sale, or in your signature. The benefits are many. Sellers have a feedback history, sellers do not have their ad bumped to page 2 because of a feedback post, and buyers can more accurately assess a sellers history.

I was told it would go on the "to do" list.

Time will tell, but I am glad to see other members both agree and support such a system.

abikeride Registered since 14th Jan 2006Fri 04-Jan-08 12:47 PM
397 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Positive Feedbacks"
In response to Reply # 0

Staten Island, US

If a seperate thread is created than we have to be careful when it starts..does it take into consideration items bought and sold in the last 12 months or from that point on?

JayG

DaveOHUSA Registered since 07th Dec 2007Fri 04-Jan-08 01:24 PM
78 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Positive Feedbacks"
In response to Reply # 13

US

I think the sticky at the top is a great idea, sewwhatsports. That makes it easy to find and not have to go through the search engine. You could even use the user name for the subject line, so people with multiple feedbacks would all be listed under the same thread, both positive or negative... This eliminates the multiple threads for the same ID for each transaction...

Lex Registered since 01st Jul 2006Fri 04-Jan-08 07:03 PM
536 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: Positive Feedbacks"
In response to Reply # 14

Knoxville, US

The best idea remains a sticky subforum for feedback.

you click a link at the top of the for sale area, you go there and leave a feedback Each active member has a thread each year. The first time you sell something, you add the thread. Make it alphabetical searchable maybe.

THREAD 2008 feedback Lex

Posts by:

JReed + transaction bought D2X from me.

ABCuser Sold me Sigma 10-20 lens, great transaction...

XYZuser we traded widgets even, good transaction.

Etc....

This puts it all in one place, easy to find all feedback associated with a single user.

Either that, or use a member rating system like VBulletin software has I think it is.

Doug
D3s, D3x, D700, fine glassware (Nikkor and Zeiss), Think Tank bag freak. Singh-Ray, Heliopan, B&W are filters of choice. SB-900 X 2, SU-800 commander.
Studio lighting PCB einstein X 3, AB400, beauty dish, octabox, Apollo, Sekonic L358.

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #37974 Previous topic | Next topic