Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #36223
View in linear mode

Subject: "Xpan Hasselblad rangefinder kit, extra lens, filter &.." Previous topic | Next topic
BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources Charter MemberWed 16-Jan-08 01:46 PM
10095 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Xpan Hasselblad rangefinder kit, extra lens, filter &.."

Salt Lake City, US

This is a great camera that I wish I could justify keeping. Iím just not using it these days and it should be in the hands of someone who will.

Iím the original owner of the Xpan 35mm panoramic rangefinder kit. The Xpan has1150 exposures total showing on the total frame counter, so itís a low mileage camera. The condition is excellent. There are some scratches that are common on the tender metallic paint on each end of the camera and the lens cap for the 45mm lens has a ding. The glass is clean and fungus free (not a worry here in the desert) and the camera works as it should. The kit has the original packaging and accessories including spirit level, Hasselblad dovetail mount, strap, lens hood and I have both English and German manuals.

Iím offering the camera as a kit only with a 90mm silver Fuji version lens (Fuji made the camera and lenses and offered the same camera as the Fuji TX-1) and with the special Hasselblad center gradient filter. I purchased the 90mm lens from B&H photo and it was a demo lens in perfect condition. The center gradient filter is good to have if you shoot slides and you want to compensate for lens falloff thatís visible in some panoramic scenes.

In addition to the camera, lenses, standard accessories and filter, Iím including a Kirk Arca-compatible custom plate, a LowePro camera strap, a Cokin holder and ring sized for the lens filter mount, and a couple of pairs of spare batteries.

Researching closed auction prices, the kit is going for about $1600, the 90mm is $700 and the filter is $270. Total without my other goodies is $2570. Iíve decided to try posting the camera here and want $2400 plus shipping for the package. Iíll let this ad run a couple of days at Nikonians and Iíll run an auction if I donít get any takers here.

I can provide an ID with 100% positive feedback and youíll see that my history here is long indeed. I think Iíve covered everything but where to look at high res photos of the camera and kit. Hereís a link to a gallery at my Zenfolio site. If you click to see a larger image and hover your cursor over the photo, youíll see a download link for full res image files. You can also see larger images if you run the slideshow option.

http://bjnicholls.zenfolio.com/p864353026/

You can also see some photos taken with this camera in my Pano gallery. The Delicate Arch photo, the Gold Hill service station, and the Goshute landscape image are all from Xpan slides. The lenses are as sharp as I've ever used and the camera certainly delivers superb image quality.

http://bjnicholls.zenfolio.com/p592276043/

Thanks for looking.

Edited to fix a heading typo.

BJ

Zenfolio gallery

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources Charter MemberSun 09-Dec-07 08:24 PM
10095 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Xpan Hasselblad rangefinder kit, extra lens, filter"
In response to Reply # 0

Salt Lake City, US

Since I can't edit the original post, please note I'm cancelling this ad.

Thanks,

BJ

Zenfolio gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #36223 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.