Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #32008
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon D2Xs, like new w/Mack War, KatzEye" Previous topic | Next topic
dorseyfoto Registered since 08th Aug 2006Wed 16-Jan-08 12:46 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon D2Xs, like new w/Mack War, KatzEye"

Nashville, US

I'm selling a 6 month old Nikon D2Xs with only 1234 actuations on the shutter. It's in perfect condition and includes the box, all the box items such as software, cables, battery charger, etc., blank Nikon USA Warranty. This camera is like new.
Purchased Mar. 8, 2007
Includes:
Mack 3 Year Extended Warranty (transferrable for small fee) Value $150.
Katz Eye Plus Split Prism Focusing Screen w/Microprism Collar and OptiBrite Treatment. Type B. (bought April 22, 2007, never installed or even taken out of box) value $150.00
DK-17 Magnifying Eyepiece (Bought and installed April 25, 2007) value $41.95 (old eyepiece will be included, too).

Entire package, $4200.00 OBO ($500 savings)

http://www.dorseyfoto.com/4sale/D2Xs1a.jpg
http://www.dorseyfoto.com/4sale/D2Xs2a.jpg
http://www.dorseyfoto.com/4sale/D2Xs3a.jpg
http://www.dorseyfoto.com/4sale/KatzEye.jpg

If you are out of state, I'll send you my ebay ID so you can see my 141, 100% positive record since 2001. Although I haven't been a member here very long, I've been a member at other photo forums for several years and I'll send you my member ID's if needed.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon D2Xs, like new w/Mack War, KatzEye
dorseyfoto
28th Sep 2007
dorseyfoto
01st Oct 2007
dorseyfoto
09th Oct 2007
dorseyfoto
15th Oct 2007
dorseyfoto
21st Oct 2007
dorseyfoto
09th Nov 2007
carlysgranddad Silver Member
09th Nov 2007
dorseyfoto
09th Nov 2007
petrieme
09th Nov 2007
dorseyfoto
09th Nov 2007
petrieme
09th Nov 2007
D3maniac
10th Nov 2007
reuben Moderator
10th Nov 2007
                                   Reply message WITHDRAWN
dorseyfoto
10th Nov 2007
                                        Reply message RE: WITHDRAWN
carlysgranddad Silver Member
10th Nov 2007
                                             Reply message RE: WITHDRAWN
dorseyfoto
10th Nov 2007

dorseyfoto Registered since 08th Aug 2006Fri 28-Sep-07 02:50 PM
12 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon D2Xs, like new w/Mack War, KatzEye"
In response to Reply # 0

Nashville, US

btt

dorseyfoto Registered since 08th Aug 2006Mon 01-Oct-07 01:30 PM
#2. "RE: Nikon D2Xs, like new w/Mack War, KatzEye"
In response to Reply # 1

Nashville, US

Price reduced to $4000.00.

I also have an SB80DX, excellent condition, for $95.00.

dorseyfoto Registered since 08th Aug 2006Tue 09-Oct-07 03:04 PM
#3. "RE: Nikon D2Xs, like new w/Mack War, KatzEye"
In response to Reply # 2

Nashville, US

The Katz Eye has been sold separately, so I'm reducing the camera price to $3800.00.

dorseyfoto Registered since 08th Aug 2006Mon 15-Oct-07 07:45 PM
#4. "RE: Nikon D2Xs, like new w/Mack War, KatzEye"
In response to Reply # 3

Nashville, US

This really is a great deal on a pristine camera.

dorseyfoto Registered since 08th Aug 2006Sun 21-Oct-07 12:29 PM
#5. "RE: Nikon D2Xs, like new w/Mack War, KatzEye"
In response to Reply # 4

Nashville, US

Reduced to $3700.

dorseyfoto Registered since 08th Aug 2006Fri 09-Nov-07 02:11 PM
#6. "RE: Nikon D2Xs, like new w/Mack War, KatzEye"
In response to Reply # 5

Nashville, US

Reduced again to $3300, shipped.

carlysgranddad Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2007Fri 09-Nov-07 04:28 PM
339 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Nikon D2Xs, like new w/Mack War, KatzEye"
In response to Reply # 6

Laurel, US

Hate to suggest this but I think you are going to have to price this below $3000 before it has a chance of selling. None of the used D2Xs bodies on eBay, which has millions of viewers, has sold for much over $2800 unless is had a lens with it.

Take the best offer you can get quickly because every month it is going to drop another $400 to $500, especially one the D3 hits the streets.

I have a D1X that I would be happy to get $500 for.

Norm (carlysgranddad)

Norm
Laurel, MD USA

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

dorseyfoto Registered since 08th Aug 2006Fri 09-Nov-07 04:49 PM
#8. "RE: Nikon D2Xs, like new w/Mack War, KatzEye"
In response to Reply # 7

Nashville, US

Thanks, Norm. You've effectively told anyone who was considering buying this 6 month old camera for which I paid $4600, to go to ebay instead or offer me $2800. I appreciate your help with the sale.

petrieme Registered since 29th Jan 2007Fri 09-Nov-07 05:11 PM
606 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Nikon D2Xs, like new w/Mack War, KatzEye"
In response to Reply # 8

US

Dorsey, i think anyone in the market for a D2xs probably knows the current market value anyway...

I feel yur pain tho.

-----
"A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees." -William Blake

http://fstopstudios.blogspot.com

dorseyfoto Registered since 08th Aug 2006Fri 09-Nov-07 05:23 PM
#10. "RE: Nikon D2Xs, like new w/Mack War, KatzEye"
In response to Reply # 9

Nashville, US

Thanks, Petrieme. I think you're right. I did get an offer for $3400 but I didn't act quickly and she bought another. Frankly, I'm wavering on selling it. I'm not convinced the D300 is enough camera to bury the D2Xs. And the D3 is muy expensive. So, if worse comes to worse, the D2Xs will do me quite well.

JD

petrieme Registered since 29th Jan 2007Fri 09-Nov-07 06:06 PM
606 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Nikon D2Xs, like new w/Mack War, KatzEye"
In response to Reply # 10

US

I agree totally. At the current "market prices", I think the D2's are a bargain. Best of luck.

-----
"A fool sees not the same tree that a wise man sees." -William Blake

http://fstopstudios.blogspot.com

D3maniac Registered since 13th Sep 2007Sat 10-Nov-07 04:07 AM
370 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Nikon D2Xs, like new w/Mack War, KatzEye"
In response to Reply # 10

Williamsburg, US

Email sent.

reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Nikonian since 21st Jan 2004Sat 10-Nov-07 12:07 AM
10438 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Nikon D2Xs, like new w/Mack War, KatzEye"
In response to Reply # 7

Mayo, US

Please, no "price policing".

Thanks.

Simplify

Cormorants

dorseyfoto Registered since 08th Aug 2006Sat 10-Nov-07 03:15 PM
#14. "WITHDRAWN"
In response to Reply # 12

Nashville, US

To all the folks who made offers to buy and offers of support, I thank you. I have decided to withdraw the camera from sale.

Best of luck to those of you searching for a D2Xs--it is an excellent camera.

JD

carlysgranddad Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2007Sat 10-Nov-07 03:34 PM
339 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: WITHDRAWN"
In response to Reply # 14

Laurel, US

JD,

I'm sorry I didn't think of that. But, people buy off this site for more than bottom dollar items. They feel that members who populate this site are more knowledgeable and take care of their equipment. EBay buyers take a big risk.

A question - how many other offers have you had over $3000?

I know the area you paid for that camera as I have purchased two $5000 Nikon digital bodies as well, only to watch the price drop like a plate falling off a dinner table. I spoke from experience about taking the best offer you have in hand because the price will drop week to week. The lady who offered you $3400 probably realized that she could get it at a lower price. That is the result of being on the Internet. Doesn't take long to find out these things.

Again, I am sorry to have spoiled your attempt at selling for your asking figure and I will not repeat my mistake. If there was any way to send you a private message (maybe there is and I just don't know how), I would have done so.

Norm

Norm (carlysgranddad)

Norm
Laurel, MD USA

dorseyfoto Registered since 08th Aug 2006Sat 10-Nov-07 04:37 PM
#16. "RE: WITHDRAWN"
In response to Reply # 15

Nashville, US

Norm,
Thank you for the apology. For future reference, if you put your mouse cursor over the icons at the top of a message (directly underneath the date and time at the top of the box) you will see that one of them is for PM's, personal messages. You can also send email directly to a poster.

It's just my opinion, but I believe that the current sales of D2Xs's at ridiculously low prices has an element of panic to it. I think that when the D300 is released, people will realize that the D2Xs is a superior camera and its value will rise. If you look at current prices for new D2Xs's, you'll see that retailers like B&H are still pricing it at around $4300.

I could understand people posting warnings or being "Price police" if someone was selling a camera at a rip-off price, for instance, if I was asking $5000 for mine. But I listed mine at over $1200 less than I paid for it a few months ago. Any potential buyer has the freedom to pay that price or wait for a lesser priced camera. If someone thinks my price is too steep, the solution is to ignore it.

At any rate, it's a moot point. The camera is worth more to me than to others who are selling. I'll keep it.

Thanks,
JD

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #32008 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.