Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Tokina 300mm 2.8 AT-X SD Manual Focus for sale

Thu 24-Jul-03 08:16 AM
For all you manual focus shooters (or for that matter, D1, D1H, D1X shooters) I am offering a superb Tokina 300mm f2.8 lens for sale. This lens is in beautiful condition. It has a snappy aperture, focusing is smooth, and cosmetically it is in great condition. One tiny bright spot on hood, a couple of tiny rub marks on the barrel that one needs to really look hard to see. It has been used for my trips to Rocky Mountain National Park, Yellowstone, and the Nature Preserves for wildlife and birds. This lens is super sharp (see this link to photodo for the test results------http://www.photodo.com/prod/lens/detail/ToAT-X300_28-853.shtml. It comes with leather case (perfect condition but no strap), lens hood (leaterette), front filter (112mm), internal filter (35.5mm), rear cap and careful, professional packing. The only minus with this lens is that it does have a speck of dust inside the lens but I will truthfully tell you that:
1. It has been there for the past 5 years;
2. There is NO degradation of image; and
3. Other tnan this, the optics are perfect.

I have just purchased a Fuji S2 which does not meter with a Manual Focus lens. I also have a D1x which allows me to use the lens in aperture preferred mode but I bit the bullet and bought a new 300mm f2.8 Autofocus internal motor lens so I can use it with my S2 and so my wife can use it with her S2. This has been a wonderful lens and I have used it with a 2X Tokina matched converter with outstanding results. I will sell this lens for $650.00 plus shipping charges of $25.00 and this will include insurance, professional packing and shipping by UPS. I will ship this lens only to US addresses because of all the shipping problems, customs, etc. This lens was highly regarded by professional wildlife photographers and a search of the web will bring you test results and user comments. Thanks for looking. If you would like a picture, email me. Serious buyers only---I had a bad experience with an F5 posted for sale here.

Mel Gregory

G