Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #24585
View in linear mode

Subject: "FS-Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8" Previous topic | Next topic
strawman Registered since 19th Dec 2005Mon 02-Apr-07 06:10 PM
461 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"FS-Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8"

Missoula, US

For sale is a USA version Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8 AF-S in PERFECT condition. You would have a VERY difficult time distinguishing it from a brand new one taken off the shelves at B&H where it retails for $1499.00. Please e-mail me for photos. I am asking $1050 shipped/paypal. Will also accept cashiers check or money order.

Doug

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
Bob Dylan

Doug

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
Bob Dylan

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: FS-Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8
Nonprophet
02nd Apr 2007
strawman
02nd Apr 2007
Nonprophet
02nd Apr 2007
strawman
03rd Apr 2007
Nonprophet
03rd Apr 2007
strawman
03rd Apr 2007
Donzo98 Silver Member
03rd Apr 2007
Holmes375 Silver Member
03rd Apr 2007
jemaerca
03rd Apr 2007
Nonprophet
03rd Apr 2007
cj3209
03rd Apr 2007
Nonprophet
03rd Apr 2007
cj3209
03rd Apr 2007
strawman
03rd Apr 2007
hwdx347 Silver Member
03rd Apr 2007
reuben Moderator
03rd Apr 2007

Nonprophet Basic MemberMon 02-Apr-07 07:00 PM
202 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: FS-Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Doug,

I'm interested in the lens. How long have you owned the lens? Did you buy it new? Does it come with warranty papers?

Thanks,

NP

"No photographer is as good as the simplest camera."

strawman Registered since 19th Dec 2005Mon 02-Apr-07 09:51 PM
461 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: FS-Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8"
In response to Reply # 1

Missoula, US

I've owned the lens for only a couple weeks (bought it used). I bought it as a wide angle to complement my 28-70mm but ultimately decided to get the 12-24mm for ultra-wide angle. It comes with everything as new including the warranty papers. It is in fantastic condition...just like new.

Doug

Bob Dylan

Doug

Bob Dylan

Nonprophet Basic MemberMon 02-Apr-07 11:32 PM
202 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: FS-Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8"
In response to Reply # 2

US

>I've owned the lens for only a couple weeks (bought it
>used). I bought it as a wide angle to complement my 28-70mm
>but ultimately decided to get the 12-24mm for ultra-wide
>angle. It comes with everything as new including the
>warranty papers. It is in fantastic condition...just like
>new.
>
>
>Doug

Hmmm. That's odd. In searching the Nikonians forums, it would seem that you had already bought a Nikon 12-24 back around 5/10/06 here at least that's what you said when you sold your Sigma 10-20 on Nikonians.....

Interstingly enough on 3/14/06 you bought a Tokina 12-24 here from another Nikonian, and then you bought yet another Tokina 12-24 on 7/19/06 here

And then, on 1/17/07, you sold yet another Nikon 12-24 here on Nikonians......

So I'm a bit confused Doug. In looking at your posting history here it would seem that you buy and sell a LOT of gear on Nikonians--wouldn't it be safe to say then that you're a dealer of sorts? There's nothing wrong with being a dealer per se, I just think people ought to be transparent about that fact so we all know who/what we're dealing with......don't you agree?

NP

strawman Registered since 19th Dec 2005Tue 03-Apr-07 12:25 AM
#4. "RE: FS-Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8"
In response to Reply # 3

Missoula, US

So, I buy equipment, use it, and if it doesn't suit me or I get a wild hair to purchase something else, I sell it. This is the first 17-35mm I've owned...I wanted to try it out as everything I've read says it's a spectacular lens. It is. It just so happens that I got a deal on a Nikon 12-24mm from a gentleman who sold me a 200-400 VR last week. I've decided that for my uses right now, the 12-24mm is more suited to me (and, perhaps more importantly, it cost considerably less than the 17-35mm). That's not to say I won't purchase another 17-35mm in the future. I also just purchased the 28-70mm that I mentioned. It's not the first that I've owned. It may not be the last. More than likely, after testing it out, it will be replacing my current 17-55mm. At that point, I will sell the 17-55mm.

I own and run an Insurance Agency in Missoula, MT. Photography and playing with photographic equipment is a hobby. Pure and simple. And I would appreciate it if you wouldn't hijack my for sale thread with this nonsense. In the future, if you'd like to accuse me of something...please do it via PM or e-mail.

Doug

Bob Dylan

Doug

Bob Dylan

Nonprophet Basic MemberTue 03-Apr-07 04:55 AM
#8. "RE: FS-Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8"
In response to Reply # 4

US

So Doug, if I understand you correctly the only reason you are selling the 17-35 is because since you bought it a few weeks ago you've since decided to get a 12-24, right?

But you just sold a Nikon 12-24 here a few weeks ago--why did you buy another one last week?? That makes the 4th 12-24 lens that you've bought and sold here in less than a year.....does seem a bit odd.

How much did you pay for the 17-35mm? Did it come bundled with the 200-400 and the 12-24 that you bought?

I must be missing something.......

NP

strawman Registered since 19th Dec 2005Tue 03-Apr-07 12:52 PM
#9. "RE: FS-Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8"
In response to Reply # 8

Missoula, US

Actually, I sold a Nikon 12-24 here several MONTHS ago, not several weeks ago. I needed the money for another purchase and figured the 17-55mm would be wide enough. I bought this current one for much less than that one and am happy to have it back in my bag as it's a great lens. I'm not going to sit here and explain every transaction I've ever had to you. If YOU don't trust me...don't buy from me. Simple as that.

And, by the way, just because something seems odd to you doesn't make it so. A lot of people buy used photographic equipment because they know they can re-sell it and recoup their costs. It's a much better alternative to renting. Personally, I think it's odd that you're on such a crusade here against "dealers". I think you must have too much time on your hands. Please feel free to continue your crusade, but not at my expense.

Thank you,

Doug

Bob Dylan

Doug

Bob Dylan

Donzo98 Silver Member Charter MemberTue 03-Apr-07 12:56 AM
462 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: FS-Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8"
In response to Reply # 3

>>I've owned the lens for only a couple weeks (bought it
>>used). I bought it as a wide angle to complement my 28-70mm
>>but ultimately decided to get the 12-24mm for ultra-wide
>>angle. It comes with everything as new including the
>>warranty papers. It is in fantastic condition...just like
>>new.
>>
>>
>>Doug
>
>
>Hmmm. That's odd. In searching the Nikonians forums, it
>would seem that you had already bought a Nikon 12-24 back
>around 5/10/06
>here
>at least that's what you said when you sold your Sigma 10-20
>on Nikonians.....
>
>Interstingly enough on 3/14/06 you bought a Tokina 12-24
>here
>from another Nikonian, and then you bought yet another
>Tokina 12-24 on 7/19/06
>here
>
>And then, on 1/17/07, you sold yet another Nikon 12-24
>here
>on Nikonians......
>
>So I'm a bit confused Doug. In looking at your posting
>history here it would seem that you buy and sell a LOT of
>gear on Nikonians--wouldn't it be safe to say then that
>you're a dealer of sorts? There's nothing wrong with being a
>dealer per se, I just think people ought to be transparent
>about that fact so we all know who/what we're dealing
>with......don't you agree?
>
>
>NP

Hey...

Doug is an honest seller who likes to buy and try new gear. Who cares... I do that as well. Are you accusing of him being a dealer?? Why don't you check his prices... he either breaks even or loses money on every sale. Not much of a dealer. I would suggest that you retract your post or apologize publicly.

Your post is totally inappropriate and should be noted by the moderators.

Holmes375 Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Sep 2006Tue 03-Apr-07 04:16 AM
1523 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: FS-Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Agreed.

-Holmes
http://holmes.zenfolio.com/

jemaerca Registered since 28th May 2006Tue 03-Apr-07 04:35 AM
1117 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: FS-Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8"
In response to Reply # 6

River Forest, US

I'm not even going to judge what's right or wrong here, but wow, that's a lot of time to look up all these posts.

Comments always welcome: My Smugmug Gallery

Nonprophet Basic MemberTue 03-Apr-07 02:04 PM
#10. "RE: FS-Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8"
In response to Reply # 7

US

>I'm not even going to judge what's right or wrong here, but
>wow, that's a lot of time to look up all these posts.
>

Actually jemaerca it's really easy to look up someone's posting history (and I recommend doing it!) just cut and paste their usernmae into the search window.

When it comes back with 18 pages of buy and sell posts, you can get a pretty clear idea of how much gear someone is buying and selling here......

NP

cj3209 Registered since 12th Mar 2003Tue 03-Apr-07 03:38 PM
251 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: FS-Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8"
In response to Reply # 10

Los Angeles, US

Well, I guess that makes me a dealer by your definition.

But then again, by your definition, that also makes YOU (Nonprophet) a dealer with 33 out of 37 posts dealing with the For Sale category.

LOL...

BTW, my apologies to strawman for hijacking his sell post. I will not respond to this post anymore.

CJ

>Actually jemaerca it's really easy to look up someone's
>posting history (and I recommend doing it!) just cut and
>paste their usernmae into the search window.
>
>When it comes back with 18 pages of buy and sell posts, you
>can get a pretty clear idea of how much gear someone is
>buying and selling here......
>
>
>
>NP

"your mileage may vary..."

Nonprophet Basic MemberTue 03-Apr-07 04:07 PM
#12. "RE: FS-Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8"
In response to Reply # 11

US

>Well, I guess that makes me a dealer by your definition.
>
>
>But then again, by your definition, that also makes YOU
>(Nonprophet) a dealer with 33 out of 37 posts dealing with
>the For Sale category.
>
>LOL...
>
>CJ

Too funny! I'm a dealer? Why don't you show us all the items I've sold here on Nikonians......lol

cj3209 Registered since 12th Mar 2003Tue 03-Apr-07 04:19 PM
251 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: FS-Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8"
In response to Reply # 12

Los Angeles, US

Sorry sorry sorry.

I mis-read the search. My apologies to nonprophet; he doesn't have that many For Sale posts. I have more For Sale posts than he does; a lot more actually!

Sigh...

LOL...

CJ

"your mileage may vary..."

strawman Registered since 19th Dec 2005Tue 03-Apr-07 04:20 PM
#14. "RE: FS-Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8"
In response to Reply # 11

Missoula, US

>BTW, my apologies to strawman for hijacking his sell post.
>I will not respond to this post anymore.
>
>CJ
>
>

No worries CJ...your posts aren't the ones irritating me. I won't be responding to any more posts that don't actually pertain to the sale of the 17-35mm either.

Thanks,

Doug

Bob Dylan

Doug

Bob Dylan

hwdx347 Silver Member Charter MemberTue 03-Apr-07 04:52 PM
6273 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: FS-Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8"
In response to Reply # 14

Maumelle, US

Strawman,
I suggest you close this post and open another one. This post is cluttered with hijacks so it may 'run off' possible buyers.

Hedley
Originally from Merthyr Tydfil, Wales -- now in Arkansas

reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Nikonian since 21st Jan 2004Tue 03-Apr-07 09:59 PM
10435 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: FS-Nikon 17-35mm f/2.8"
In response to Reply # 0

Mayo, US

Also, please see our WTS/WTB guidelines in the anchored post at the top of this forum, as well as our Terms of Use.

It's time to move on. Further debates and arguments will be deleted from this thread.

Thank you.

Simplify

Cormorants

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #24585 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.