Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #23751
View in linear mode

Subject: "FS/FT Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S II" Previous topic | Next topic
tedbare Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Wed 14-Mar-07 04:15 PM
37 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"FS/FT Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S II"

Roseburg, US

I have a Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S II that I would like to trade or sell. The lens is several years old. The body has its share of marks, but the glass is spotless. If you’re interested let me know. I can email pics (after this evening) if you send me a request at jball@orenco.com.

Includes:
CT-402 Trunk Case
2 Piece Lens Hood
52mm Filter Holder
Tripod Collar
Slip-On Front Lens Cap
Rear Cap

The price is $4100 Shipped and Paypal'd. I'd really be more interested in trading for a 200-400mm VR lens though.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: FS/FT Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S II
tedbare Silver Member
16th Mar 2007
Nikon32250 Silver Member
16th Mar 2007
tedbare Silver Member
17th Mar 2007
Ched Silver Member
17th Mar 2007
tedbare Silver Member
17th Mar 2007
Ched Silver Member
17th Mar 2007
Nikon32250 Silver Member
18th Mar 2007
Reply message RE: FS/FT Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S (NOT II)
tedbare Silver Member
18th Mar 2007
Nikon32250 Silver Member
18th Mar 2007
Ched Silver Member
18th Mar 2007
tedbare Silver Member
18th Mar 2007
BSchirm Gold Member
18th Mar 2007
reuben Moderator
18th Mar 2007
tedbare Silver Member
16th Jan 2008
tedbare Silver Member
20th Mar 2007
tedbare Silver Member
23rd Mar 2007

tedbare Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Fri 16-Mar-07 10:02 PM
37 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: FS/FT Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S II"
In response to Reply # 0

Roseburg, US

I've only gotten a little interest. Pics will be emailed to a few people this evening. Anybody out there with a 200-400mm VR lens they wanna trade?

Nikon32250 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Mar 2004Fri 16-Mar-07 11:11 PM
3541 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: FS/FT Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S II"
In response to Reply # 1

St. Augustine, US

You may want to take a look at the top of the I Want to Sell page for info and guidance on listing items. Especially look at suggestion # 1.

Good luck on your sale. Wish I could afford it!

<http://www.nikonians.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi?az=read_count&om=941&forum=DCForumID23>

Graham
From St. Augustine, FL. "I like photographers, you don't ask questions." Ronald Reagan to White House Press Photogs

<http://www.ancientcityphotography.com/>

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

tedbare Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Sat 17-Mar-07 04:49 PM
#4. "RE: FS/FT Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S II"
In response to Reply # 2

Roseburg, US

Thanks for the tip. I guess I've been lurking here for so long I felt like I was actually part of the crowd here!

Profile updated!

Several inquires have been responded to, with pics. I probably should have added that if whoever buys this lens is unhappy with it, I'd be happy to take it back. I love it, but need a little more flexibility for the varied sports (pro tennis & my kid's sports/activities) that I like to shoot.

Ched Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Sep 2004Sat 17-Mar-07 03:12 PM
80 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: FS/FT Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S II"
In response to Reply # 0

Rockville, US

Email sent. You might tell us something about it's history; how many owners, how long you've had it, where it was originally sold, if original sales receipt (or a copy) is included, any repairs and cleanings including where, when, and by whom, import status (USA lens?), other helpful information.

Ched

tedbare Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Sat 17-Mar-07 05:00 PM
#5. "RE: FS/FT Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S II"
In response to Reply # 3

Roseburg, US

I'm the second owner. Original owner purchased it from Precision Camera in Austin, TX. I don't have the original sales receipt though. There haven't been any repair or cleanings (that I'm aware of anyway).

Ched Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Sep 2004Sat 17-Mar-07 05:54 PM
80 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: FS/FT Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S II"
In response to Reply # 5

Rockville, US

Is it a USA (Nikon warrantied) lens?

Ched

Nikon32250 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Mar 2004Sun 18-Mar-07 02:03 AM
3541 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: FS/FT Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S II"
In response to Reply # 6

St. Augustine, US

Just another thought so far as selling a $4,000 + lens. There was a thread a few weeks ago to protect buyers and sellers on these high end items, and some people were suggesting escrow services. If I recall correctly, PayPal offers an escrow service. This might make prospective buyers more comfortable. Just do a search using the word "escrow" in the I Want to Sell forum, and you should find the thread

Graham
From St. Augustine, FL. "I like photographers, you don't ask questions." Ronald Reagan to White House Press Photogs

tedbare Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Sun 18-Mar-07 04:36 AM
#8. "RE: FS/FT Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S (NOT II)"
In response to Reply # 0

Roseburg, US

This lens is NOT the AF-S II model, but the AF-S. My apologies; I didn't mean to mislead anyone. Please email for pics, I can't seem to upload any to the forum right now (I'll try again tomorrow, I'm off to bed!)

Thanks

Nikon32250 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Mar 2004Sun 18-Mar-07 11:28 AM
#9. "RE: FS/FT Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S (NOT II)"
In response to Reply # 8

St. Augustine, US

You have to be at the first paying level (silver) in order to upload pictures. It doesn't cost much and is well worth it considering the value that all of us get from this community.

BTW, I received your PM, and I see that you figured out the best way to amend your lens description was simply to "Reply" to a prior message. Once your initial post is more that 72 hours old (4320 minutes) you can no longer edit it.

Graham

Ched Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Sep 2004Sun 18-Mar-07 05:19 PM
#10. "RE: FS/FT Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S (NOT II)"
In response to Reply # 8

Rockville, US

You still haven't said whether it's a USA or imported model.

Ched

tedbare Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Sun 18-Mar-07 08:04 PM
#11. "RE: FS/FT Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S (NOT II)"
In response to Reply # 10

Roseburg, US

Sorry. The previous owner, who's a respected professional, stated it was a USA model. I never saw the receipt or the warranty documentation though. It was out of the warranty period when I bought it last year.

BSchirm Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Nikonian since 07th Dec 2005Sun 18-Mar-07 09:00 PM
2603 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: FS/FT Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S (NOT II)"
In response to Reply # 11

Rolling Hills, US

Check the serial number. That will indicate if it is a US lens. I believe there will be a "US" before the serial number itself.

Barry Schirm

My Nikonians Gallery

Barry

Nikonians Gallery

reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Nikonian since 21st Jan 2004Sun 18-Mar-07 09:38 PM
10430 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: FS/FT Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S (NOT II)"
In response to Reply # 12

Mayo, US

Not necessarily. If it has "US" before the SN then it's definitely a U.S. lens. However, if it doesn't, it could be either U.S. or gray market.

Simplify

Cormorants

tedbare Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Wed 16-Jan-08 12:45 PM
#16. "RE: FS/FT Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S (NOT II)"
In response to Reply # 13

Roseburg, US

There is no "US" before the S/N on this 400mm. There's no "US" on the S/N my 70-200mm or my 50mm and they're both definitely USA models.

<edit> Hey, I can upload pics now!

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

tedbare Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Tue 20-Mar-07 09:22 PM
#14. "RE: FS/FT Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S II"
In response to Reply # 0

Roseburg, US

Lots of inquiries, one low-ball offer. Still for sale!

tedbare Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Apr 2006Fri 23-Mar-07 03:56 PM
#15. "RE: FS/FT Nikon 400mm f2.8 AF-S II"
In response to Reply # 0

Roseburg, US

Sold!

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #23751 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.