nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #21411
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stolen Equipment" Previous topic | Next topic
24_may Registered since 28th Jan 2006Thu 11-Jan-07 08:58 PM
173 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Stolen Equipment"

Little Rock, US

I am posting this message as a caution to all nikonians everywhere. Yesterday 1-10-07 my house was broken into and I was completely wiped out. All my camera gear, TV's, laptop, etc, etc....
I am letting you know this for the sake of hoping to get some of my gear back. My laptop had a link to this website setup and I had saved a copy of my equipment and serial #'s on the computer. I had a paper copy as well but it looks like that was taken in a box of documents.
The missing camera equipment would be sold out of Little Rock, AR or the surrounding areas. Following is a list of the missing items. If you see any of this equipment on here or on ebay for sale from this relative location, I would appreciate just an email. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Nikon D200 w/MB-d200 battery grip
Nikon F100 body only
Nikkor AIS 20mm f3.5
Nikon AFD 50mm f1.4
Nikon SB-50 flash
Nikon SB-800 flashes x2
Domke/Tamron small shoulder bag - black
Lowepro Computrekker AW
Sony KDL-46XBR3 TV - 46" LCD TV
Sony KDL-23s2010 TV - 23" LCD TV
Photogenic AKC640BK 2 light kit - Whole system
Mamiya ZE 35mm manual Camera w/50mm f1.7 lens
Toshiba Satelite Laptop

That's all I can locate as of now. Again thanks for any help in advance and a reward, albeit small, is available for anyone that comes across information. Thanks again.

MDM
"Those who do not want to imitate anything, produce nothing."
Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Stolen Equipment
jemaerca
11th Jan 2007
RockyIII Gold Member
11th Jan 2007
yo_andrew Silver Member
12th Jan 2007
ballroom_boy
12th Jan 2007
Photo_Art_W Silver Member
12th Jan 2007
billg71 Gold Member
12th Jan 2007
24_may
12th Jan 2007
LL49Wat
12th Jan 2007
WI_Rob
12th Jan 2007
strawman
12th Jan 2007
shuggaloaf
12th Jan 2007
BigBologna
13th Jan 2007
24_may
15th Jan 2007
BigBologna
15th Jan 2007
billg71 Gold Member
16th Jan 2007
24_may
16th Jan 2007

jemaerca Registered since 28th May 2006Thu 11-Jan-07 09:11 PM
1117 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Stolen Equipment"
In response to Reply # 0

River Forest, US

That's absolutely terrible news Matt. I'll keep an eye out for your equipment. Good luck.

Comments always welcome: My Smugmug Gallery

RockyIII Gold Member Nikonian since 27th May 2006Thu 11-Jan-07 10:20 PM
3082 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Stolen Equipment"
In response to Reply # 0

Raleigh, US

Sorry to hear it. Hope you have good insurance.

yo_andrew Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Jan 2006Fri 12-Jan-07 12:45 AM
3204 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Stolen Equipment"
In response to Reply # 0

marina del rey, US

Yo Matt,

that's some sad news. Hope you get your equipment back.

best, andy

"THERE'S MORE TO OPTICS THAN MEETS THE EYE"
Not till we have lost the world do we begin to find ourselves.

"THERE'S MORE TO OPTICS THAN MEETS THE EYE"
Not till we have lost the world do we begin to find ourselves

ballroom_boy Registered since 05th Sep 2002Fri 12-Jan-07 02:50 AM
1341 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Stolen Equipment"
In response to Reply # 3

Stratford, CA

Sorry to hear that. That happened to me TWICE. Hope they get the @$%!^&! who did it.

Roël
http://roelphoto.com

Photo_Art_W Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Nov 2005Fri 12-Jan-07 03:24 AM
947 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Stolen Equipment"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Am very sorry to hear that kind of news.

Some suggestions that I can think of....
• Any receipts with the S/Ns' on them possibly left to help you identify property?
• Possibly contact the places where you purchased items from, maybe they have your order history of items purchased with S/Ns'.
• Notify or check local pawn shops, camera stores that buy used gear.
• Check local papers with F/S ads.
• On E-bay (if you have an account) you can search within XX miles of your zip code. If you see something on there that looks familiar, ask the seller for the S/N to check.

Again very sorry for your loss, hopefully they'll catch the people that did it & and hope you get your gear back!

Art

http://www.artsplace.us

billg71 Gold Member Nikonian since 15th Aug 2006Fri 12-Jan-07 03:59 AM
1214 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Stolen Equipment"
In response to Reply # 0

Acworth, US

That just absolutely TERRIBLE! I spend a fair amount of time on the 'Bay so I'll keep my eye open.

Best of luck getting your stuff back but if LR's like Atlanta, B&E victims are way down on the priority list. Any chance of relief from your homeowner's insurance?

Hoping for the best,

Bill

Georgia Nature Photographers Association

24_may Registered since 28th Jan 2006Fri 12-Jan-07 02:07 PM
173 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Stolen Equipment"
In response to Reply # 6

Little Rock, US

I just wanted to say thanks for all the advice. I have covered all my bases including locally and online. I appreciate your time to look at this post. And yes Bill, as far as I see B&E victims are at the bottom of the list!!!

MDM

LL49Wat Registered since 21st May 2004Fri 12-Jan-07 02:32 PM
1687 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Stolen Equipment"
In response to Reply # 0

Spartanburg, US

I am so sorry for your lose and what you are going through. I will pass the word and keep an eye out.

LL49Wat

LL49Wat

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

WI_Rob Registered since 29th Oct 2005Fri 12-Jan-07 02:45 PM
174 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Stolen Equipment"
In response to Reply # 0

Sturgeon Bay, US

Matt-

I'm really sorry to hear your news. I know how that feels. My house was broken into about a year and a half ago... My wife and I were asleep upstairs.

I was renovating the main floor at the time, so there was a big hole from the garage into the living space (awaiting the installation of a new door). Thankfully, my dog heard the guy come through the walk-through door in the garage.

My dog let the guy get into my car and then jumped in with him... 84 lbs of labrador/chow mix. Let me tell you, I'll never forget the sound of that scuffle. The plaster dust from the construction stuck to my dog's feet and showed a pretty good picture of the confrontation inside the black interior of my car. The dog's footprints were all over the cabin of the car, (front seats, backseat and the ceiling). Luckily for everyone, the thief managed to get the outside door closed (when he left the building) before dog got out.

In any event, the police never found the guy... even with the fingerprints on the flashlight he dropped in his haste to leave. It took my wife and I quite a while (a couple of weeks, really) to sleep soundly again. My dog earned his keep that night... and I haven't complained about his morning walks since.

I hope your insurance will cover your financial loss. I'll keep an eye out on eBay, too.

Best wishes in getting things back to normal-
Rob

strawman Registered since 20th Dec 2005Fri 12-Jan-07 05:50 PM
461 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Stolen Equipment"
In response to Reply # 9

Missoula, US

Well, looking on the bright side...as long as you had replacement cost coverage for personal property on your home policy...you should end up with brand new equipment.

Doug

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
Bob Dylan

Doug

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
Bob Dylan

shuggaloaf Registered since 23rd May 2006Fri 12-Jan-07 06:32 PM
34 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Stolen Equipment"
In response to Reply # 0

Mercersburg, US

Very sorry to hear about that. I hope you get your stuff back.

Shuggaloaf
Check out my Web Album (Sort of a Portfolio Beta...)

BigBologna Registered since 29th Oct 2006Sat 13-Jan-07 03:16 AM
79 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Stolen Equipment"
In response to Reply # 11

US

Small world: I'm also in Little Rock. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

24_may Registered since 28th Jan 2006Mon 15-Jan-07 10:29 PM
#13. "RE: Stolen Equipment"
In response to Reply # 0

Little Rock, US

Just an update, I have recovered the following items:
D200 w grip
Nikkor AIS 20mm 3.5
Nikon AFD 50mm 1.4
Nikon SB-800 Flashes (both)
Lowepro Computrekker AW

Again thanks for all the advice and sympathy.

MDM

BigBologna Registered since 29th Oct 2006Mon 15-Jan-07 11:37 PM
79 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Stolen Equipment"
In response to Reply # 13

US

How did you get them back?

billg71 Gold Member Nikonian since 15th Aug 2006Tue 16-Jan-07 04:06 AM
1214 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: Stolen Equipment"
In response to Reply # 13

Acworth, US

And...

Any hope of tracking the thieves(AKA: bottom-feeding scum-sucking lowlife illegitimate offspring of buzzards)?

Glad to hear you got some of your stuff back. Hope you and/or the police can track down the rest and bring these bastards to justice.

Best of luck,

Bill

Georgia Nature Photographers Association

24_may Registered since 28th Jan 2006Tue 16-Jan-07 03:55 PM
#16. "RE: Stolen Equipment"
In response to Reply # 15

Little Rock, US

They tried to pawn my backpack with some of the gear in it. I had talked to the owner of the pawn shop and so he recognized the equipment and tried to stall the guy while someone else called the cops, but the guy I guess got nervous and took off, but the pawn shop owner grabbed the bag and wouldn't let him take it. I know sounds like a bad movie skit, but that's what the Detective told me happened. Anyway, I happy to get some of my stuff back. Thanks again for all the interest and advice.

MDM

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #21411 Previous topic | Next topic