Home Forums Articles Galleries Members Galleries Master Your Vision Galleries 5Contest Categories 5Winners Galleries 5ANPAT Galleries 5 The Winners Editor's Choice Portfolios Recent Photos Search Contest Info Help News Newsletter Join us Renew Membership About us Retrieve password Contact us Contests Vouchers Wiki Apps THE NIKONIAN™ For the press Fundraising Search Help!
More5

Nikon F3, MD4 drive, Nikon 28mm, Nikon 35-105, Nikon 75-150 - SOLD

DHunter DHunter

Is from: US
33 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DHunter Registered since 29th Feb 2008
Sun 27-Jul-14 10:49 PM | edited Mon 04-Aug-14 09:53 PM by DHunter
If this post is a duplicate, I'm sorry. I waited a couple of hours and have not seen the first one.
This a preliminary post to see if there is any interest in my classic Nikon F3. Bare with me, I'm getting nostalgic, sniff sniff

Pictures and details to follow......

This I believe is a production model from 1997 the best I can tell from the stamped numbers partially hidden under the hinge on the back.
I bought it as new in 1998. It was my personal camera so was used very little. I had three at work.

Feel free to correct me if you are a collector of this example of camera history.

You can burn thru a 36 exp roll of film (what's that) in 9 seconds or 4 frames a second.
That is with an MD-4 motor drive I also have.
If you don't know, that uses 8 AA batteries.

I just fired it up and it brings back memories of being to the point of obnoxious at press conferences if you wanted to intimidate a politician. lol

I found a short video of that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJu0dKzQI5k

I did some research and found that mine is the standard viewfinder DE-2 eye level. Not the HP high eyepoint but I wear glasses and have always liked this version. It is missing the rubber eye cup that I am searching for. I always kept that folded down and could see the full viewfinder.

Some sites stated this model was increasing in value as it was harder to find than the HP for collectors.

Considering the condition and of course I know the care I have given it I tried to price it using B&H used and the low ball KEH trade in sites as a "guide" for my pricing.

KEH will be here at a seminar Friday and I have a quote from them.

The camera and drive I will sell for $250 (ewww that hurts)

If you want vintage lenses I have left

Nikon 28mm $60

Nikon 35-105 $40

Nikon 75-150 $40

Or buy it all for $400 shipped and own some real metal lenses and a piece of history. Shipping included.

That combination was my travel pack including a 55 mm micro which I have sold.

Interested persons pm.

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac336/DHunter_bucket/DAH_3986F3.jpg

Too many images to shoot, not enough time!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G