Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #114960
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon 24-85 3.5-4.5 VR" - SOLD Previous topic | Next topic
bigenuffumbrella Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2007Wed 05-Feb-14 02:44 AM
338 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon 24-85 3.5-4.5 VR"
Wed 12-Feb-14 12:52 PM by bigenuffumbrella

Bristol, US

Barely used.

Comes with all the original packing, plastics, paperwork, etc.

The Nikon hood and protective bag have never been opened.

A Hoya HMC UV filter has been attached to it since I opened it and I am including it in the sale.

Free shipping in the continental US
No PayPal fees

$350

JB
http://shutterfalls.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Nikon 24-85 3.5-4.5 VR
bigenuffumbrella Silver Member
10th Feb 2014
gqtuazon Silver Member
11th Feb 2014
11th Feb 2014
rstcso Gold Member
11th Feb 2014
11th Feb 2014
rstcso Gold Member
11th Feb 2014
11th Feb 2014
gqtuazon Silver Member
11th Feb 2014
adcam Gold Member
11th Feb 2014
11th Feb 2014
gqtuazon Silver Member
12th Feb 2014
12th Feb 2014

bigenuffumbrella Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2007Mon 10-Feb-14 11:33 PM
338 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon 24-85 3.5-4.5 VR"
In response to Reply # 0

Bristol, US

Price reduced to $300

JB

gqtuazon Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2009Tue 11-Feb-14 12:26 AM
644 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon 24-85 3.5-4.5 VR"
In response to Reply # 1

FPO, US

Tempting. I could probably use this as a walk-around lens. I need to do some research to check out the optical performance.

Regards,

Glenn

bigenuffumbrella Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2007Tue 11-Feb-14 12:34 AM
#3. "RE: Nikon 24-85 3.5-4.5 VR"
In response to Reply # 2
Tue 11-Feb-14 12:36 AM by bigenuffumbrella

Bristol, US

Well personally I love it, and hate to give it up. I'm losing over $300 on the deal. Shoot, the UV filter on it was $50.

It's light, focuses relatively fast and is sharp as a tack.

But I'm selling all my FX gear and going with a Fuji X system. So there's no need to hang on to it.

JB

rstcso Gold Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2013Tue 11-Feb-14 12:55 AM
1018 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Nikon 24-85 3.5-4.5 VR"
In response to Reply # 2

Round Rock, US

>I need to do some research to check out the optical performance.

Well, Ken Rockwell says... just kidding.

I wanted to vouch for JB. I sent payment to him this morning and the he shipped this afternoon. My new baby is scheduled to arrive Thursday between 12:15 PM - 4:15 PM, approximately.

Hope the lens checks out for you, Glenn.

Regards,
Brent

bigenuffumbrella Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2007Tue 11-Feb-14 01:02 AM
#5. "RE: Nikon 24-85 3.5-4.5 VR"
In response to Reply # 4

Bristol, US

Hey!!!

You didn't say a word about having a new buckaroo around the ranch there Brent. Congratulations!!!!

JB

rstcso Gold Member Nikonian since 17th Oct 2013Tue 11-Feb-14 01:13 AM
1018 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Nikon 24-85 3.5-4.5 VR"
In response to Reply # 5

Round Rock, US

My new baby is what you shipped today. Woo-hoo!

I do have my 3-years-old granddaughter for a sleepover tonight. Poor thing's had to deal with Grandpa taking pictures with his newly-acquired 85mm f/1.8D.

The only camera on the market that would lure me to FX from my D7100 is the D700, which you have one for sale. All I've read about the D700 is it was a one-off, too-good-to-be-true-set-of-features-for-the-price camera, that Nikon will most likely never repeat.

Thanks again.
Brent

bigenuffumbrella Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2007Tue 11-Feb-14 01:29 AM
#7. "RE: Nikon 24-85 3.5-4.5 VR"
In response to Reply # 6

Bristol, US

Ohhh! THAT baby! Lol. Color me stupid.

Yeah (Insert heavy sigh) it's a remarkable camera. I love it. I've driven most of Nikons camera bodies since the D200 and there is nothing like it for the money. Actually I prefer it to the D600 or D800. Even today, long in the tooth though it may be, it takes great pictures. It so easy to use. The buttons are exactly where they should be. I know my way around the camera with my eyes closed. You can reach every control you need to while you're in the process of shooting and never take your eye from the viewfinder. The auto white balance is outstanding, the ISO performance is all I've ever needed and it just feels so good in your hand.

I hated to sell the 70-200 but selling my D700 feels like I'm selling my dog.

It has to be done though. With my back I can't carry a bag full of camera equipment and lenses around any more. And I can't afford the Fuji X system I want without selling my SLR stuff.

JB

gqtuazon Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2009Tue 11-Feb-14 01:59 AM
644 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Nikon 24-85 3.5-4.5 VR"
In response to Reply # 7

FPO, US

Brent / JB,

I am not questioning any members here. This is the main reason why I have kept my membership since I joined because of the great deals that you can find here and the members are trustworthy.

Regards,

Glenn

adcam Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2007Tue 11-Feb-14 03:59 AM
591 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Nikon 24-85 3.5-4.5 VR"
In response to Reply # 0

Portland, US

Is this still available?

bigenuffumbrella Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2007Tue 11-Feb-14 04:05 AM
#10. "RE: Nikon 24-85 3.5-4.5 VR"
In response to Reply # 9
Tue 11-Feb-14 11:46 AM by bigenuffumbrella

Bristol, US

ADDENDUM

Shipping is free anywhere in the US EXCEPT Northern Virginia. UPS rates to NoVA are double what they are for the rest of the country. NoVA residents please expect to pay half of your shipping.

JB

gqtuazon Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2009Wed 12-Feb-14 12:04 PM
#11. "RE: Nikon 24-85 3.5-4.5 VR"
In response to Reply # 10

FPO, US

I'll send you a PM.

Regards,

Glenn

bigenuffumbrella Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Nov 2007Wed 12-Feb-14 12:51 PM
#12. "RE: Nikon 24-85 3.5-4.5 VR"
In response to Reply # 0

Bristol, US

Deal Pending

JB

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #114960 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.