nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 AF-S VR DX lens and Nikon 72mm NC filter - SOLD

Photo_Art_W

US
950 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Photo_Art_W Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 21st Nov 2005
Sun 03-Nov-13 06:21 AM | edited Sat 16-Nov-13 09:49 PM by Photo_Art_W

Up for sale here is my Nikon 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 AF-S VR IF-ED DX lens with Nikon 72mm NC filter. I purchased this lens used back in January 2011 from a fellow Nikonian. It’s a sharp copy in excellent condition overall. I’ve always been satisfied with its images as long as I did my part in practicing getting the most out of the lens. One trick when using the VR feature of this lens is always to let the stabilization settle in before taking the shot, something that you can visually see through the finder, especially at longer focal lengths.

It is a great do-it-all lens when you need a wide range of focal length versatility and just want to take a camera body and one lens. I’ve decided to switch to the FX format and have sold my Nikon D300 body so I no longer need the lens. Hopefully it will find another Nikonian who’ll use it & appreciate it as much as I have.

This lens has no zoom creep if I turn the zoom ring to 18mm. If the zoom ring is positioned longer than 18mm then it will creep open when pointed downwards. Personally I got into the habit of holding the bottom of the zoom ring/body with my left hand when I wear the camera/lens around my neck just in case, plus that makes it simple to bring the camera up to get a shot.

This older VR version (with the red VR) is basically the same optically as the current model (Gold VR on barrel) with a zoom lock to prevent lens creep. Nikon wisely realized they had a good optical formula with the first version and left it alone. There is some light internal dust in the front elements that doesn't affect image quality that I've ever seen. The barrel of the lens is clean with no scratches or marks. The lens is made in Thailand, and is a USA model. Am also including a used Nikon 72mm NC filter which I always kept on the lens for basic protection, glass of the filter is clean with no marks and includes a plastic case.

Below is a link to a flash gallery of images of the lens that is for sale here.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32306363/Nikonians/Nikon_18-200_VR/index.html

Below is a link to a flash gallery with some sample images from the last time I used the lens (9/15/13).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32306363/Nikonians/Nikon_18-200_VR/Nikon_18-200_VR_SampleImages/index.html

Price: $375 Includes Shipping within the Con USA and Paypal fees. E-mail me please me with any interest or questions.

Thanks for looking!
Art

Click on image to view larger version

http://www.artsplace.us

G